Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

COD: 2016 America's best and worst drivers report

China

2016 America's best and worst drivers report

In an effort to boost the discussion about safe driving, Allstate is releasing its 12th annual Best Drivers Report. 

Some key findings include:

America’s safest city overall is Brownsville, Texas.  For the second year in a row, Boston came in last place ranking 200th out of 200 cities on the list.

The 10 best cities on the list: Brownsville, Texas; Kansas City; Madison, Wisconsin; Cape Coral, Florida; Boise, Idaho; Huntsville, Alabama; Port Saint Lucie, Florida; Wichita, Kansas; Olathe, Kansas; Reno, Nevada

The 10 cities at the bottom of the list: San Francisco; Philadelphia; Los Angeles; Providence; Glendale, CA; Springfield, MA; Washington, D.C.; Baltimore; Worcester, MA; Boston.

Find the full report here

Click on the link for the full article

2016 America's best and worst drivers report

In an effort to boost the discussion about safe driving, Allstate is releasing its 12th annual Best Drivers Report. 

Some key findings include:

America’s safest city overall is Brownsville, Texas.  For the second year in a row, Boston came in last place ranking 200th out of 200 cities on the list.

The 10 best cities on the list: Brownsville, Texas; Kansas City; Madison, Wisconsin; Cape Coral, Florida; Boise, Idaho; Huntsville, Alabama; Port Saint Lucie, Florida; Wichita, Kansas; Olathe, Kansas; Reno, Nevada

The 10 cities at the bottom of the list: San Francisco; Philadelphia; Los Angeles; Providence; Glendale, CA; Springfield, MA; Washington, D.C.; Baltimore; Worcester, MA; Boston.

Find the full report here

Click on the link for the full article

My grandparents on my mother's side were from Idaho and they would be terrified whenever they would visit and we would be out on the road. To them it was like going from a regular safe driving environment to Mad Max level insanity. I remember in Idaho Falls and Boise people never even honked at each other; if a light turned green and you didn't see it they would usually just sit there until you noticed.

In my experience, Boston is by far the worst.   I've never driven there without finding several other drivers doing something completely stupid.  It doesn't help that the traffic signs and exits are tiny, infrequent and uninformative, so people are always cutting across 3 lanes of traffic to make an exit at the last second. 

Los Angeles is the most terrifying.  Everyone on the freeways tailgates at 80 miles an hour, and then the traffic suddenly comes to a complete stop, and then they all revv up and tailgate again.   When there is an accident, it invariably involves 37 cars and 13 semis.

DC is bad mostly because the Beltway is inadequate.

San Francisco is bad because we keep running over pedestrians.   Not sure why, but it happens a lot.  

When I lived in West Palm Beach for 7 years, when my light turned green, I'd count to 3 before going. You never knew what numbnut would run a red light. Locals who were born there told us to do that.

That happens here in North Carolina a lot, too.

It blew my mind that I moved from DC to North Carolina and my insurance went up.

Then I drove around a bit and was like... ah, got it.

Ridiculous.

But even then, it's a lot of dudes with FL plates. :lol:

I can definitely see DC being a pain.  You can, in part, thank Richmond for that, I don't think any of the arteries into DC are wider than 2 lanes except maybe 395.   We're gonna widen 66 though, it'll be great, it'll only take 15 years and cost 11ty bajillion dollars, which will comes from tolls.

I can definitely see DC being a pain.  You can, in part, thank Richmond for that, I don't think any of the arteries into DC are wider than 2 lanes except maybe 395.   We're gonna widen 66 though, it'll be great, it'll only take 15 years and cost 11ty bajillion dollars, which will comes from tolls.

The widening of 66 will only be outside the beltway, once cars get inside the beltway traffic will come to a screeching halt (as it already does).

And it is insane that 95 isn't 4 lanes all the way to Fredricksburg, and 3 lanes all the way to Richmond.

San Francisco is bad because we keep running over pedestrians. Not sure why, but it happens a lot.

It's couldn't be because the street people actually SLEEP in the road? I know some places that they actually pitch tents in the road, or at least they used to.

The widening of 66 will only be outside the beltway, once cars get inside the beltway traffic will come to a screeching halt (as it already does).

And it is insane that 95 isn't 4 lanes all the way to Fredricksburg, and 3 lanes all the way to Richmond.

It's 5 if you count the pay lanes for rich white males.

Archived