Burgold

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

This is quite possibly the least American thing imaginable.

A person seeking asylum, a legitimate request that is ultimately evaluated by a judge, having to choose between their children and a chance at asylum.

so they are offering a plea deal to those that crossed illegally....this is news?

it certainly isn't new 

Cross legally and it is not a issue.

33 minutes ago, twa said:

Cross legally and it is not a issue.

You keep saying this even though it's not true. Not with this Administration. Not with their goals.

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

You keep saying this even though it's not true. Not with this Administration. Not with their goals.

He knows that, but has to keep the gimmick up.

19 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

He knows that, but has to keep the gimmick up.

or he's trying to use that old brainwashing technique. You know the one that says if you say a false thing enough it starts to sound reasonable and then it starts to sound true?

Propaganda 101.

• Like 1

you don't consider providing food,housing, medical care and security helping?

odd they keep coming isn't it.

13 hours ago, B&G said:

Liberals always want to do what feels right to them even if is against the law.   Conservatives want the law to be obeyed.  Feelers vs Thinkers.  Simple, huh?

I would never say always, but in many cases yes. However, as a conservative myself, I can say many of my fellow conservatives since Trump are the biggest bunch of snowflakes...more so than Bernie's Millennial minions. They take their marching orders from a narcissist who is literally unable to take any form of criticism at all and may be the second coming of Tiberius Caesar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Someone asked about fiscal impact of illegal immigration into USA.

Heritage foundation, in a very detailed report says this:

"There are approximately 3.7 million unlawful immigrant households in the U.S. These households impose a net fiscal burden of around $54.5 billion per year."

Notice the word "net" in the quote.  Many illegal immigrants pay taxes.  This report takes that into account and subtracts taxes paid from the gross amount.

Edited by B&G

17 minutes ago, B&G said:

"There are approximately 3.7 million unlawful immigrant households in the U.S. These households impose a net fiscal burden of around $54.5 billion per year."

Notice the word "net" in the quote.  Many illegal immigrants pay taxes.  This report takes that into account and subtracts taxes paid from the gross amount.

If you can quote it, you can post a link.

Do better.

It's from the heritage foundation. Is it even worth reading?

Can't we just assume it's completely twisted the numbers and potentially just outright lying and being deceitful?

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

It's from the heritage foundation. Is it even worth reading?

Can't we just assume it's completely twisted the numbers and potentially just outright lying and being deceitful?

Well, of course.  But it would be fun to pick it apart.

48 minutes ago, B&G said:

Would love to see a link and the numbers behind it.  I did a post last year breaking down the numbers I could find and it seemed to be a net gain even without factoring in economic activity and federal income tax.  I would also like to know if Heritage factored in losing the economic activity of 3.7 million households into their figure.  That's going to be far more than $54.5 billion worth of fiscal burden imo.  

My post from last year

http://es.redskins.com/topic/395721-the-immigration-thread-american-melting-pot-or-get-off-my-lawn/?page=84&tab=comments#comment-10883166

• Like 2