Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

10 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That list reminds me of things I would like to do to the kids I see at Wal-Mart. 

Edit:  except for #8.

Hyperbole alert, I know.  But still, you might want to reread that list.  I mean, if the allegations are true, just wow.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Larry said:

Suspect that the "gotcha" phrase, there, is "in Border Patrol custody". Meaning "we don't count the 95% who we've sent off to other people". 

But I hope I'm wrong. 

You’re not. I was reading yesterday that “in CBP custody” accounts for about 500 of the 3300 separated children. The rest were turned over to HHS and shipped all over the country, with apparently negligent tracking done. It’s not how clear when or how they will be reunited. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Whoever heard of a person losing their children for a ****ing misdemeanor offense.  For seeking asylum.  Stephen Miller and Jeff Sessions should be swinging from a ****ing tree.

Happens all the time if there is not another parent or family to care for them.

3 hours ago, twa said:

Happens all the time if there is not another parent or family to care for them.

No it ****ing doesn't.

The VA system is way harsher than DC or MD, and probably on the harsher side nationally, and what you're suggesting doesn't happen here for 1st time misdemeanors "all the time," "most of the time," or really anything beyond "very seldom."  And usually it's because of unrelated matters (like a custody case in the background).

Even where they carry jail, misdemeanors generally don't carry more than a couple days in jail, unless they're being dropped from a felony (like a mal wounding that could carry years in jail being dropped to a simple A+B and them getting 6 months in jail instead) or you have a long record.

But outside of that, first time misdemeanors don't destroy families.  And judges pretty freely grant delayed turn-ins, especially where children are involved.

I'm sure you could find exceptions.  We're all well acquainted with random judges throwing blacks in jail for years for a couple grams of weed.  But those are far from the norm, and immigration offenses on their own are neither violent nor drug related, so they don't fall into either category where we might see a judge go rogue on sentencing.

• Like 2

Well, there's only one solution.  Vote the GOP out.  Also, we need to boycott Trump/GOP supporting businesses.

Speaking of invaders, who are really the invaders?

The whites of European descent or the South,Central,North American descendants of Indians.  You know, the people who lived here for 30,000 to 40,000 years vs. the European descenedants who've been here for 500+ years?

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Burgold said:

They refuse to let Congressmen in. They refuse to let the media in. They refuse to let the Red Cross in.

Really looks like they have nothing to hide.

Any other nation, this is a human rights crisis that we need to handle.

Instead American media is being cordial. Think about this if isht ever pops off in this country where there is violence in the streets, or they move the fascism movement up another notch and target larger groups of people.

38 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, there's only one solution.  Vote the GOP out.  Also, we need to boycott Trump/GOP supporting businesses.

Speaking of invaders, who are really the invaders?

The whites of European descent or the South,Central,North American descendants of Indians.  You know, the people who lived here for 30,000 to 40,000 years vs. the European descenedants who've been here for 500+ years?

Americans just don’t know or care about history.

A lot of our historical policy in this part of the world is why people are attempting to migrate here.

But you can’t trust the media to say that or citizens to know what happened 10 mins ago let alone 30-40.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin