Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"DeSean Jackson Watch"

Renegade7

Any word yet on when he'll be back playing again?

We're going to need him if we're serious about a playoff push, and I'm getting anxious to see how he looks with this year's version of Cousins. I do feel its going to open up the running game and give us that extra dimension that we are officially missing right now (the Atlanta game was prime example, and truly hoping the Jets game isn't another reminder).

(Video added to OP to make sure we stay on track here):

It's not inconceivable that we get Hall, Culliver, Jackson and Reed all back for the Jets... though I wouldn't bet on it. Hall began practicing a little last week as did Jackson. Probably Culliver and Reed would be better off taking the Jets off and then the bye.

You know, people need to get off the "when Desean comes back" ********.

The guy was on NOBODY'S radar last year, ran a 60% unfavorable rating with our very, very, very hip and knowledgeable fanbase when he was first signed, and now apparently he's the panacea to all that ails this offense? Give me a ******* break.

I love the guy but let's be real...he's had almost no TC, and he scored 6 TDs last year. Pump the ************* brakes. Offense isn't gonna take off all of a sudden once he comes back, and don't dog the guy because it doesn't either.

The guy was on NOBODY'S radar last year, ran a 60% unfavorable rating with our very, very, very hip and knowledgeable fanbase when he was first signed, and now apparently he's the panacea to all that ails this offense? Give me a ******* break.

I love the guy but let's be real...he's had almost no TC, and he scored 6 TDs last year. Pump the ************* brakes. Offense isn't gonna take off all of a sudden once he comes back, and don't dog the guy because it doesn't either.

Bro, what in the entire hell are you talking about? 

Sorry?

Holy ****, Rodriggo, is every one of your posts a bout of rage and ranting? lol, it's incredibly annoying. 

This is how I picture you while typing your posts: 

563.gif

You need to calm down, man. We're all passionate Skins fans, but my God. 

Dude, go eat a snickers or something. 

It took three posts for me to feel like I don't even want to come back here until the Jets game.

Seriously, I was hoping for some gifs, some breakdowns, some "oh, this will so f'n cool", and maybe even evolve into an appreciation thread if it really goes well when he comes back. 

I'm seriously disappointed right now, I don't even feel like talking about DeSean Jackson anymore today.

It took three posts for me to feel like I don't even want to come back here until the Jets game.

Seriously, I was hoping for some gifs, some breakdowns, some "oh, this will so f'n cool", and maybe even evolve into an appreciation thread if it really goes well when he comes back. 

I'm seriously disappointed right now, I don't even feel like talking about DeSean Jackson anymore today.

After a devastating loss like yesterday, I usually take a break until the end of the week, when all of the chatter is about the upcoming opponent.  Otherwise, you tend to get a lot of people venting and adding nothing to the conversation.  I had the day off today, but I was hoping that people might be more encouraged than discouraged.  Looks like I was wrong.  

As for DJax - I think his presence on the field makes defenses respect our passing attack, just from a threat standpoint.  The Falcons were not going to let us run it on them, that was plain as day.  If you do that while DJax is on the field, you open yourself up for a world of hurt.  We won't see nearly as many 8 men in the box formations.  Drop that safety and risk us going over the top on you.

rxAF1T2.gif

But seriously, DJax may not be the ultimate answer to winning countless games, but if he can get a safety to tail him as he runs down the sidelines, then that gives Carrier, Garcon, Crowder, Ross, Grant, Reed, Thompson, Jones and Morris 1 less guys to worry about.

It does open things up for us.

Tell us how ya really feel....pffffffft  :P

The run game will definitely open up a bunch when he returns.  It seems like teams are putting 8-9 guys in the box and daring Cousins to beat them, and he and the receivers have been inconsistent at doing that.

If anyone single covers DeSean they will pay, doesn't matter who the QB is.

He is definitely a huge factor for the Skins, even with the emergence of Crowder, and some of the other younger guys. 

I definitely hope he plays this weekend, the Jets have a great secondary and stout front 7.  We need him NOW.

Really hoping a chunk of repressed homosexual "redskin fans" find a new team to root for

For you zoony I'll make a one-time exception, I won't hold back any inches that's a promise.

People running out productive players coming off injury, never heard of around these parts.

For you zoony I'll make a one-time exception, I won't hold back any inches that's a promise.

People running out productive players coming off injury, never heard of around these parts.

The first sentence was great. LOL

Anyways, the difference between D Jax and the mysterious guy you're referring to is that D Jax has years of elite level play and isn't coming off a major injury.

But yeah, keep fighting that good fight

Not major, but tricky. Very tricky. Even with all the rest, I think he stands a considerable chance of re-injury. Very little activity before... Assuming very little after.

Said it the moment it happened that you might as well mentally delete him from the team. Even when he comes back they'll probably have him on a pitchcount for several weeks, just to get his body in game shape. Who knows afterwards.

I'm confused do you love or hate djax? And what's with the kids %'s

Not major, but tricky. Very tricky. Even with all the rest, I think he stands a considerable chance of re-injury. Very little activity before... Assuming very little after.

Said it the moment it happened that you might as well mentally delete him from the team. Even when he comes back they'll probably have him on a pitchcount for several weeks, just to get his body in game shape. Who knows afterwards.

This is true. It following international soccer has done anything positive for me, it's taught me that ham strings can really go left pretty easily.

I'd like to think that D Jac has been taking it easy since Opening Day. But who knows, they are a toss up

After a devastating loss like yesterday, I usually take a break until the end of the week, when all of the chatter is about the upcoming opponent.  Otherwise, you tend to get a lot of people venting and adding nothing to the conversation.  I had the day off today, but I was hoping that people might be more encouraged than discouraged.  Looks like I was wrong.  

As for DJax - I think his presence on the field makes defenses respect our passing attack, just from a threat standpoint.  The Falcons were not going to let us run it on them, that was plain as day.  If you do that while DJax is on the field, you open yourself up for a world of hurt.  We won't see nearly as many 8 men in the box formations.  Drop that safety and risk us going over the top on you.

i disagree, i think by wednesdays, thats when people are usually done talking about the past weekends game and are then focused on the next game. taking a break until wednesday is better. taking a break until the end of the week would just be too boring :lol:

i agree about desean though. really hoping he's back for next weekends game. like many, i won't go as far as saying he'll cure what's ailing our offense, but i will say he's a really big help when he is on the field and healthy, just like jordan reed. hope they're both not out too much longer...

It seems like every training camp/pre-season for the past few years there is always talk about how much depth the Redskins have at WR and how tough it is to cut certain receivers but then once the season starts there are injuries to a player or two and the receiving group looks mediocre or worse. Garcon hasn't been the same since Jackson got here, I'm not sure what his problem is but he disappears for stretches and just doesn't seem to be the same player he was his first two years here. Grant gets a lot of chances but he seems to get about six yards a catch and then goes down. Crowder seems like a very good receiver though.Roberts is horrible. Kinda miss 65 year old Santana Moss this year, he had the biggest heart on the team. If Hankerson were still here he would probably be injured. I guess the reason he is doing so well in Atlanta is because he has an All Pro QB throwing it to him. The Redskins may have to add receiver to there off season need list

Archived