Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

Silas Redd Jr. @ThirdEyeSi_ 49s49 seconds ago

They gotta endorse the kid! #NikeWave https://instagram.com/p/55VfH5laY0/

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago

Chip Kelly, asked if Sam Bradford is ready to play in preseason opener: "Yeah, barring anything happening now. He's full go, 100 percent."

Redskins RVA @redskinsrva 9m9 minutes ago

Garçon works on catches at the end of practice. #RedskinsRVA

CLbt5diWoAIbmUr.jpg

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 11m11 minutes ago

88 does time on the JUGS machine every day. Not all receivers do. #Redskins https://instagram.com/p/55UsgnS-iK/

2. Best nugget of day is Gruden saying Kouandjio pushing Lauvao. Only time will determine if this is usual preseason Kool-Aid

Redskins RVA @redskinsrva 4m4 minutes ago

Kerrigan stops by the fans for autographs. #RedskinsRVA

CLbv6cnWsAAM3x2.jpg

Redskins RVA @redskinsrva 20s20 seconds ago

Jordan Reed visits fans for autographs. #RedskinsRVA

CLbw-pcVAAAcZIz.jpg

Just don't like the proposal of a contender suddenly getting a big advantage running into the playoffs.

Even if that contender were the Redskins? 

The advantage you refer to would apply evenly league wide for everyone. Likewise, the advantage would be mitigated by available cap space, some teams could be players, others less so or completely not. And roster limitations would preclude moves as well. The element of desperation or prudence would likely hinge upon which teams were hurting from injury. A team on the wildcard bubble, suffering from injury, having lost a starter lost mid-season, might be compelled to make a move for a legit starter from a 4 win team. Who wins the trade? - The fans would then have fodder equivalent to Draft day trades. 

A full spectrum of trades could take place.

McCloughan on LB Junior Galette: "The decision was made because we really believe he's a Redskin, and that's why we signed him."

Scot, "finally call good or bad is mine"

My point is Scot knows more about picking players then the collective ES knows about picking it's own nose. 

I know, but the message board would be uninteresting if we agreed with everything the organization did.  :)

I know, but the message board would be uninteresting if we agreed with everything the organization did. :)

I see what you did there, but in-case people want to take this, & run with it....

Dissenting opinions, challenging opinions, plain ol' different ones are all well & good for conversation. Yet, with ES you can be sure that on 99.99~% of all topics, there is plenty of "conversation" to be had. With that, however, it would be nice to have logic, & sound reasoning prevail amongst the masses & we can all agree on something that makes sense.

Ftr...i'm not necessarily saying this is one such instance, just that there are the rare occasions where this should be the case.

Just saying.

Yeah the MLB trade deadline was simply retarded. Doubt you'd see it in the NFL to that degree simply because its not as plug and play as baseball

"Retarded" as in wildly entertaining and compelling? - I know, right. 

I do think the perception of the rigidity of scheme by fans at large, myself including, is a bit overstated. Simply, there are enough teams of equal description, style and scheme in the league, that you're easily bound to have a compatible buyer and a seller.

And year after year we see situations where players go from one scheme to another during free agency, or whereby there is a regime change, thus scheme change, and you have holdovers having to transition on the fly. 

Basically, in the end, it's all a wash. Comes down to athletes being athletes. But, simply, those elements of fit and scheme are inherent elements to the trade itself and are calculated by the GMs and coaches who make the trades. You just weigh the pros and cons. 

You simply have to incentivize the trade deadline. That's the key. 

Right now, the last week of October or first week of November just isn't high-wire enough to makes teams do interesting things. 

You need incentives so that teams who have injuries and are within inches of the playoffs are willing to trade draft picks and/or players (like final year rookie contract guys) to teams who have no shot at the playoffs but hold an ever precious starter at a position of need. 

Ultimately my dissertation defense needs hard data like the percentage (league wide) of teams' final 53 man roster which suffers an injury, requiring replacement, during the course of a year. You know, the average percentage of starters that are lost due to injury. Also the percentage of general roster turnover from year to year. 

I'm totally guessing but I'd figure both of those categories see numbers above 10%. 

The drawback is that the NFL is flush with players. GMs never are without options when someone goes down from injury. The issue is that, when you have two starters lost from a 5 man starting secondary, generally the replacements brought in to fill out the roster are never of equal ability as the starters. 

That's where the potential trade incentive at a later deadline occurs. Getting a starter is more enticing than have to rely on the undrafted rookie free agent. 

Jflow, that was a really sweet post and I'm glad you shared. My sympathies. 

On a more positive note, I'm so happy about the news coming out of camp with regards to Robert. Last year, all we heard about was how long he was holding on to the ball and how often he was "extending plays with his legs even after it looked like he got sacked". To the point where both he and Gruden were addressing it at their pressers. 

Now, though some have said there are still times he holds on to the ball too long, he's mostly efficient, getting rid of the ball, and stepping up into the pocket. We simply didn't hear this last year during TC, and then we saw just how bad it was in preseason. And it did translate into the season.

So, yeah, I know it's just practice but I'm definitely happy right now. I was so worried we were going to hear a lot of similar things to last TC. Can't wait to see how he looks in the preseason games.     

I see what you did there, but in-case people want to take this, & run with it....

Dissenting opinions, challenging opinions, plain ol' different ones are all well & good for conversation. Yet, with ES you can be sure that on 99.99~% of all topics, there is plenty of "conversation" to be had. With that, however, it would be nice to have logic, & sound reasoning prevail amongst the masses & we can all agree on something that makes sense.

Ftr...i'm not necessarily saying this is one such instance, just that there are the rare occasions where this should be the case.

Just saying.

So... we agree?

Jflow78 - I always enjoy your posts (well, most of the time). My sincere condolences on the loss of your father. Similar to you - my father came to the Skins because I was a fan. Because I am an East Coast guy and he and my mom lived outside of San Diego - the last game we watched together was the Thanksgiving 2012 game. As much as our three Super Bowl victories meant to me - that by far is my most special Redskins memory. It's a long way to get to my point - I am sure you have many special memories with you dad - keep them in your heart and celebrate his life whenever you can. Best wishes, and peace.

jflow, i am deeply sorry for your loss my brother.  Like you I believe there's life after our physical death here on earth and I know your dad will find peace and happiness after his transition.  Just know he will be with you in spirit forever!

HTTR!

I'm no Clarence, but I got a couple decent pics on my budget friendly camera today. I had a bad view to see what was going on as a whole, and had my face buried in my camera most of the time. One guy that jumped out to me was Evan Spencer. He had an ankle breaking move on Culliver, was wide open, but then he dropped the pass. Had a couple drops. He had one sweet toe tapping catch in the corner of the end zone. He grabbed my attention a few times today. I won't bombard the forum with bad pictures, but these were a couple of my favorites. 

Not positive who this is, but I think Deshazor Everette. The DBs were doing drills on the far field, and he made a great acrobatic catch. This was after making a catch, while he was spinning, on his way down.

IxHos7gl.jpg

Spencer. Open again.

gk6Po2zl.jpg

Grant. Also had a few good plays today. This was just after a dart over the middle from Griffin.

nK4JrN7l.jpg

My condolences too jflow. Stay strong.

Well its been a bad day for me so far, drove 14 hours yesterday to get to No VA, then when I started to post articles this morning my laptop committed hari kari and it took a few hours to find a new one. Hopefully I'm back up and running but its going to take me forever to recover all my missing bookmarks,

If you were using Chrome they would be there once you logged back in. Sorry bro that sucks.

Archived