Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

Yep, I'm aware Skins fans might be unfamiliar, but in the NFL it's referred to as a pocket.  It allows young franchise QB's a chance to develop, to complete plays as designed, and play 16 or more games per season thereafter.

We are really overdue for one of these guys to emerge.  It'd be nice if it's Moses....

I hope Long is ready as well. And as long as I'm wishing, I hope it's Calahan that can light a fire under LaRibs ass to get the most out of him. 

Culliver on GM Scot McCloughan: "Scot is a real down-to-earth player. ... There's no sugar coating."

Baker and me. We are about the same size, right? #Redskins http://www.redskinscapitalconnection.com 

CLah6hIUAAEjmHu.jpg

Culliver praises GM Scot McCloughan's strong communication skills. Says that makes players want to play for him.

I tell you what, Culliver is fast becoming one of my favorite guys on this team, due to both his on field talent and off field personality

Culliver: building a winning mindset/culture doesn't happen overnight. Communication is key to building cohesion, which will produce results

#Redskins CB Chris Culliver w/ a wide-ranging interview just now: On Scot McCloughan, Junior Galette, how winning teams come together, etc.

I watched the Culliver interview just now.  Man I really hope he works out for us, what a great job at the podium.

I'll let the media give the details ot the Q&A, but he is a very smart charismatic kid that really seems to "get it".

Trey Williams Hoping Coaches Become Believers: Trey Williams knows it's an uphill battle to se... http://bit.ly/1HigQfq  via - @Redskins

ICYMI, I'm hoping to give VIP passes away for tomorrow's training camp to a young superfan! Let me know if you know of one going!

Will #Redskins RB Matt Jones have a bigger role than we think in 2015? http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/how-big-role-redskins-rb-matt-jones  #RedskinsTalk

CLasGsXXAAAjQ0K.png

I know I like what I'm hearing about Matt Jones already...there's a reason we went with the Nasty Scherff 5th over all...they have a plan in place to ground n pound..with the over all best acquisition in an off season I've seen scince (Lord)Gibbs 2.0..Callahan was brought here for a reason...to get back to that tough physical (scherff) nasty (scherff) style...run that ball straight down the opponents throats....I'm excited to see it..could take up to week 7..8 maybe..remember '12 3-6 than BAM!!

I laugh at the people who say you can't draft a guard that early.  If he is the top player at that selection, you take him.  Guards are as important or even more important than tackles

But i'd rather have an all pro Defensive Tackle than an all pro Guard any day of the week- which are usually/potentially available within the first 5 picks. This year Leonard Williams was available and was an ES favorite, me included. Though it remains to be seen the kind of payer he develops into. I think thats the central tenet with most of the posters who are "laughing" at the notion of drafting a guard so early. It's not that a guard isn't worthy of the pick, it's just that theres more potentially valuable talent available. My opinion, anyway

But i'd rather have an all pro Defensive Tackle than an all pro Guard any day of the week- which are usually/potentially available within the first 5 picks. This year Leonard Williams was available and was an ES favorite, me included. Though it remains to be seen the kind of payer he develops into. I think thats the central tenet with most of the posters who are "laughing" at the notion of drafting a guard so early. It's not that a guard isn't worthy of the pick, it's just that theres more potentially valuable talent available. My opinion, anyway

How do you know that he is an all-pro DT?

Our DL is stacked. I liked Leonard, too, but we needed more on the OL than we did the DL. And McCloughan must have had them graded pretty darn close.

An OL that can play G or T is extremely valuable, no matter which he plays.

I was out at the TC yesterday and wish I could go back today. 

I thought the QB's looked okay. Colt McCoy looked the least impressive.  There were not any "wow" throws, but nothing to cause concern.

It seemed that Matt Jones and Chris Thompson were getting a lot of looks with the first team.  That was fun to watch.  Matt Jones is huge, looks like a D-lineman, and defenders were having a hard time bringing him down. Thompson has a lot of burst and has worked on catching out of the backfield. That competition for RB2 will be fun come preseason.

I thought Andre Roberts was the best looking WR of the day. Garcon and D-Jax were limited.

Niles Paul and J. Reed looked good and whoever wears #87 looked good also.  

The D-line seemed to be getting a lot of push on 11 vs 11.  There was one series were they completely closed the running game down. #capitolpunishment

Don't know if it's the upgrade in players or Joe Berry's scheme but the Defense looks faster and causes the QB's to make quick accurate throws but that could be because WR1 & 2 were limited??

Tress Way can kick the **** out of a ball and very huge looks like a O or D-lineman.

Well its been a bad day for me so far, drove 14 hours yesterday to get to No VA, then when I started to post articles this morning my laptop committed hari kari and it took a few hours to find a new one.  Hopefully I'm back up and running  but its going to take me forever to recover all my missing  bookmarks, 

Niles Paul and J. Reed looked good and whoever wears #87 looked good also.  

#87 - TE  Je'Ron Hamm.  2014 undrafted free agent picked up by the Saints, cut in August 2014, picked up by the Redskins to the practice squad on Sept 2014.

Well its been a bad day for me so far, drove 14 hours yesterday to get to No VA, then when I started to post articles this morning my laptop committed hari kari and it took a few hours to find a new one.  Hopefully I'm back up and running  but its going to take me forever to recover all my missing  bookmarks, 

Ah, the pleasures of modern life and all its conveniences.

But i'd rather have an all pro Defensive Tackle than an all pro Guard any day of the week- It's not that a guard isn't worthy of the pick, it's just that theres more potentially valuable talent available. My opinion, anyway

You or Scot, hmmmmm. So tough, close one there,,,,,I don't know who to go with,,,,,uhm,,,,uhr.....I go with you, they should of hired and went with you, track record picking talent is really a no brainer here. (sarcasm aside) I think Scots got this. 

Archived