Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/details-justice-league-film-featuring-batman-superman-revealed-183008486--abc-news-celebrities.html

Details for 'Justice League' Film Featuring Batman and Superman Revealed

Today, Warner Bros. released the official synopsis, which is pretty compelling.

"Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy," the synopsis reads, according to Collider.

"Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat."

Focus on the word "awakened." That will raise eyebrows.

It continues, "But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes -- Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash -- it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions."

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/18/big-honking-san-diego-rumours-for-dc-tv-supergirl-batwoman-oracle-constantine-and-john-wesley-shipp-sdcc-comic-con/

Big Honking Rumours For DC TV Ahead Of SDCC – Batwoman, Oracle, Constantine And John Wesley Shipp

Kathy/Kate Kane and her alter ego, Batwoman, will appear on Supergirl as a recurring role. She will be Maggie Sawyer’s ex, whose adventures as Batwoman occasionally take her to National City.

Barbara Gordon will also appear as Oracle (mostly so as not to have Batwoman AND Batgirl).

Babs will develop a strong friendship with Kara, Supergirl. The Oracle/Batwoman relationship is being modeled after the original Chuck Dixon Era Birds Of Prey, but with Kathy/Kate as the operative instead of Dinah.

Batman himself is still tied to the Gotham deal at Fox, but Fox has been approached to share the character for a fee. It would likely only be economically feasible if an actor playing Bruce Wayne and Batman were made a series regular across the whole network to defer the licensing costs to Fox.

Fox obtained the Batman and Gotham TV rights as part of a deal that included giving Warner Bros the go ahead to release Batman ’66 on DVD. Even if Gotham were to end, they would retain rights as long as the DVDs were being sold.

John Wesley Shipp will be the third actor who will become a series regular across the whole CW DC Universe, after Wentworth Miller and John Barrowman. He will (obviously) be playing Jay Garrick, not Henry Allen.

Matt Ryan could get a similar deal as the network tests the streaming audience of Constantine as well as his appearances on the network this upcoming season. The Vampire Diaries is ending after this season and the network wants to keep Fridays as their horror night, probably pairing a Constantine-led series with workhorse Supernatural, which gets decent ratings whatever time slot it is moved to. iZombie is also seen as strong enough to lead Fridays with Supernatural if need be.

Either way, they want DC TV every weekend at 8pm EST by fall of 2017.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Killing Joke animated movie is getting a one day theater release on 7/25 prior to its DVD release. Will also include 2 special edition features or something.

The movie is rated R as it apparently sticks to the source material pretty closely.

I have my ticket already

I watched it the other day and really enjoyed it. Couple of things I wasn't expecting (even though I read about the comic version when they were first talking about this), and that's important for something like Batman that has been around for a long, long time.

• Like 1

SO, who is the extraterrestial threat that Batman fears? Is it Brainiac or Darkseid? Or both?

Personally, I think JL will be Brainiac and Darkseid will be in JL2. But what if "awakened" means evil Superman?

Also read some stuff saying it would be Atlantis or Steppenwolf (who was in a deleted bonus scene of BvS)

Edited by Zguy28

SO, who is the extraterrestial threat that Batman fears? Is it Brainiac or Darkseid? Or both?

Personally, I think JL will be Brainiac and Darkseid will be in JL2. But what if "awakened" means evil Superman?

Also read some stuff saying it would be Atlantis or Steppenwolf (who was in a deleted bonus scene of BvS)

Steppenwolf is a link to Darkseid.

It can't be evil superman IMO. The whole purpose of his sacrifice was to complete the Jesus metaphor and be reborn as the savior that the world can now embrace

Steppenwolf is a link to Darkseid.

It can't be evil superman IMO. The whole purpose of his sacrifice was to complete the Jesus metaphor and be reborn as the savior that the world can now embrace

I get that, but then we also have the Knightmare vision where Superman is under the control of Darkseid so....

Justice league teaser was a bit disappointing.

Personally I don't like the angle that Batman forms the Justice League, seems too close to the Avengers movies with Iron Man. 

Would prefer Batman to be closer to his character, more of a loner and not a team player. Not sure how you would accomplish that though while being a continuation of B vs S. 

I get that, but then we also have the Knightmare vision where Superman is under the control of Darkseid so....

True I really hope they don't do that angle though. I wish that whole scene had been cut. At least the bad superman parts. It was confusing and will feel like they have to tackle it now unless perhaps the events of BvS altered that

It'd be awesomemore if it was MrMxyzptlk

Don't we need a horribly dark, humorless movie with MrMxyzptlk as the chief villain

Edited by Burgold

Personally I don't like the angle that Batman forms the Justice League, seems too close to the Avengers movies with Iron Man.

Would prefer Batman to be closer to his character, more of a loner and not a team player. Not sure how you would accomplish that though while being a continuation of B vs S.

That really pissed me off, among other things.

reviews are starting to trickle in for Suicide Squad

might have to adjust my expectations

It just looks completely off...

The only things I have really read is in comparison to Marvel movies. Nothing really about the plot. The negative is it doesn't stand up against the fun Marvel movies. No review is letting it be a stand alone property.

He looks like a wimp. C'mere ya anorexic Bruce Campbell stand-in. Kick your Jack Lord hairdo off your head.

A Superman on a TV Superman budget. I thought the casting announcement and the filming came curiously close together. Like whatever shape this guy was in was what it was gonna be.

Edited by justice98