Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It's a shame DC doesn't just let their TV and animated films people take care of their live action movies more often, or always. 

Excited for Suicide Squad, not so much for Bats v Supes or JL. Just so many bad casting choices, not a fan of Snyder directing this. On top of that it's been said movie Flash and Green Arrow won't be the guys from the tv series, which is a huge slap in the face considering they helped launch interest in DC again (especially Arrow). The newest trailer does look better than the others, but I agree with Momma that it gives away a lot. I already hate Eisenberg's Luthor and I just am not buying Affleck's Batman even though I really want to. On top of it, now they are perverting the origin of Doomsday horribly for no good reason. Underwhelmed.

• Like 1

It spoils it to a degree, but there's nothing in the trailer that we didn't already know.

But is it just me or does Doomsday look just like The Abomination?

Jesse Eisenberg may turn out to be a huge mistake. His performance in these trailers is brutal. I was skeptical beforehand, and my skepticism ratchets up with every new bit of footage I see him in. He seems woefully out of place and like he's acting in a different movie.

I though the looked like the recent Michael Bay ninja turtles with rocks coming out of him. Im not crazy about the origin they appear to be going with either.

I don't mind the casting. Affleck is going to be good and I think Eisenberg is fine as Luthor. I don't think Hackman was the definitive take on that character lol he like the rest of those movies was laughable.

Just really hoping it all comes together though.

I just wish it had been cut like 30 seconds shorter. I didn't need to see the villain reveal or any part of that third act.

I think there was a strong suspicion that it was Doomsday.  I was hoping more for a Bizaro villain when I saw the Zod corpse in Luthor's hand.  Not because I like the character more, but because I thought the story would have fit the comics better. 

I am also wondering why it looks like we will be seeing Parademons in the desert scene.  Seems like a lot going on in this movie.

I think there was a strong suspicion that it was Doomsday.  I was hoping more for a Bizaro villain when I saw the Zod corpse in Luthor's hand.  Not because I like the character more, but because I thought the story would have fit the comics better. 

I am also wondering why it looks like we will be seeing Parademons in the desert scene.  Seems like a lot going on in this movie.

I suspect those Parademons might be the focus of the Justice League movie.

I've watched the trailer three times now, you're right, it does feel cartoony now. That's fine, i'll still watch it, though I too am concerned with the route they chose for Doomsday (helluva waste if they kill him off as well as throw off his origin story).

Edited by Renegade7

• 1 month later...

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/supergirls-andrew-kreisberg-laura-vandervoorts-043440379.html

Laura's long been so...easy to behold.  :D

During a conversation with KryptonSite at the Television Critics Association on Monday, Supergirl executive producer Andrew Kreisberg talked a little bit about casting Smallville Supergirl Laura Vandervoort in the role of Indigo (also known as Brainiac-8) in the series.

vanervoort_zpsuhivdmpd.jpg

“She’s gonna look awesome. Definitely not gonna look just like Laura,” Kreisberg said. “Being one aspect of the Brainiac Program, she comes in through computers, so Winn is actively involved in that episode. But she has a very interesting backstory. She was one of the Fort Rozz prisoners. But how she came to be, and how she ended up in the prison, and what she’s been doing on Earth is part of the fun and the surprise of the episode.”

He also talked a little bit about his previous efforts to get Vandervoort on the show, and his rection to her support for series star Melissa Benoist in the early going. Check out the full  interview at the link above.

• Like 1

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/wonder-woman-is-coming-to-the-cw-for-a-dc-movie-special

'Wonder Woman' is coming to The CW for a DC movie special

Next Tuesday, DC Comics and Warner Bros. are bringing an exclusive first look at the new "Wonder Woman" movie to The CW in a new DC movie special titled "Dawn of the Justice League". 

This television special will be hosted by filmmaker/writer/lifelong comics fan Kevin Smith. DC Entertainment’s Geoff Johns will kick off the night with "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice", and will reveal a sneak peek of the upcoming "Wonder Woman" film.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just a reminder

http://batman-news.com/2016/01/19/kevin-smith-teases-new-batman-v-superman-suicide-squad-and-wonder-woman-footage-from-tonights-dc-special/

Kevin Smith teases new ‘Batman v Superman’, ‘Suicide Squad’, and ‘Wonder Woman’ footage from tonight’s special

Tonight’s the night! At 9:30pm The CW will be airing its special “DC Films Presents: Dawn of the Justice League”. The show will be hosted by Kevin Smith and Geoff Johns and promises to showcase Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, a brand new Suicide Squad trailer, plus a “first look” at Gal Gadot’s Wonder Womanmovie.

On the latest episode of his “Fatman on Batman” podcast, Kevin Smith went into a little detail about what fans can expect to see on the special tonight.

They show footage, new footage from Batman v Superman,” said Smith.

“They show footage from the Wonder Woman movie that they’re shooting right now. I can’t even tell you, they’ll yell at me. But there’s shots of Wonder Woman in action doing some **** you’ve never seen before.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH