Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 2 weeks later...

So they decided to go back and do a bunch of reshoots for Suicide Squad. They want to add a "lighter" note after all the bad reviews for Batman/Superman. I guess in the trailer we get all the jokes from the movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's official! #Supergirl flies to CW for season 2 & National City moving from LA to Vancouver.

That's interesting. Guess SG didn't pick up high enough ratings for CBS to renew it. I've enjoyed the series for the most part. CW doesn't have quite the reach, but in a cable world anyone who wants to can get it (even people who stuck with rabbit ears like me and don't get cable)

That's interesting. Guess SG didn't pick up high enough ratings for CBS to renew it. I've enjoyed the series for the most part. CW doesn't have quite the reach, but in a cable world anyone who wants to can get it (even people who stuck with rabbit ears like me and don't get cable)

I expect some changes for Season 2.  The budget is going to be slashed. Going from CBS to CW, means less money to produce the show.  That's why they shifted production to Vancouver. I would expect cast changes, as not everyone will want to go to Vancouver. I think Calista Flockhart will either replaced or recast. I don't see her going to Canada to do a show, she only appears on for a few scenes. Also, CW is a step down from CBS. 

With CW, being the home for the DC Universe; there maybe hope for a Season 2 of Constantine eventually.

http://masterherald.com/constantine-season-2-may-get-revived-if-dc-pursues-the-expansion-of-its-extended-universe-on-tv/39754/

I expect some changes for Season 2. The budget is going to be slashed. Going from CBS to CW, means less money to produce the show. That's why they shifted production to Vancouver. I would expect cast changes, as not everyone will want to go to Vancouver. I think Calista Flockhart will either replaced or recast. I don't see her going to Canada to do a show, she only appears on for a few scenes. Also, CW is a step down from CBS.

Flockhart has agreed to stay with the show. But this show belonged on CW from the beginning. Networks like CBS/Fox generally have no patience for niche sci-fi shows (although I'm glad Sleepy Hollow is getting a 4th season).

On CW, SG can bring in half the ratings and still be a solid pickup every year, provided it doesn't cost 3mil per episode like it did for CBS.

Plus now it won't be a struggle to time/coordinate crossovers to the other shows. Alternate earth's notwithstanding.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

As a lifelong comics fan, I keep sticking with these CW shows. But the more I watch them, the more it seems like it's basically Nashville with different costumes and some time travel and stuff.

I expect some changes for Season 2. The budget is going to be slashed. Going from CBS to CW, means less money to produce the show. That's why they shifted production to Vancouver. I would expect cast changes, as not everyone will want to go to Vancouver. I think Calista Flockhart will either replaced or recast. I don't see her going to Canada to do a show, she only appears on for a few scenes. Also, CW is a step down from CBS.

With CW, being the home for the DC Universe; there maybe hope for a Season 2 of Constantine eventually.

http://masterherald.com/constantine-season-2-may-get-revived-if-dc-pursues-the-expansion-of-its-extended-universe-on-tv/39754/

Flockhart isn't that big of a loss, IMO. Her role can be easily recast. Actually none of them are essential to the show besides Melissa Benoist.

Flockhart has agreed to stay with the show. But this show belonged on CW from the beginning. Networks like CBS/Fox generally have no patience for niche sci-fi shows (although I'm glad Sleepy Hollow is getting a 4th season).

On CW, SG can bring in half the ratings and still be a solid pickup every year, provided it doesn't cost 3mil per episode like it did for CBS.

Plus now it won't be a struggle to time/coordinate crossovers to the other shows. Alternate earth's notwithstanding.

Abbie was half the show.  I don't think the show will do well without her. I know she was killed off because the actress wanted out. 

Wonder where CW is going to find the room for all these shows. The only show they canceled was the new show "Containment" that just started airing.