Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Vikings Prediction Thread: Tour de Force?

skins island connection

the last two playoff seasons share victories over these purple people eaters. Add the whole name controversy and their UofM president being an attention whore, I hope we beat them so badly that randy moss walks off the field early and dante culpepper goes away from handing the ball off to AP by halftime.

Skins more points

Vikes less

Redskins aren't going to win this one. 

Haslett always calls great games against the Cowboys, but for some reason that is the only time he dials up blitzes. Bridgewater is going to make plays out of the pocket and I'm afraid of Cordarelle Patterson. 

McCoy is more like RG3 than Cousins.  I really like Cousins as a drop-back passer, but think he loses his confidence if he throws an interception (and can't scramble out of trouble, something needed with this OL).

With McCoy, the Skins can look a little more like a couple season's ago on offense, which means the running game improves. Vikings are a decent defensive team, but awful on offense.

I see the Skins winning 24-10.

This is the type of game the Skins generally lose it seems,...especially after a win like last nights.

It's a winnable game for sure -- Vikings are not good.  I think if they basically apply the same game plan they can beat em:

Offense:

- Establish the run -- get Alf going.

- Ball control

- Try not to turn the ball over

- Hopefully hit a big play or two to DJax and Garcon

Defense:

- Bring the blitz pressure like against Dallas - Make Bridgewater beat you

- Force a turn over or two

They play like they did against the Pukes I think they win.

Redskins - 24

Vikings - 16

Yes, we won last night but we left too many points on the field. That won't get the job done against the vikings.

If you told someone that the Skins would win last night AND only score 20 points (3 of which were in OT) in the process against the vaunted Cowboys offense, they would've thought you were crazy.  True that the Skins have to take better advantage of scoring opportunities, but I don't see the Vikings putting up a lot of points.

Lets go with another Redskins win, 24-16.  Since the Metrodome is closed, this will be the first OUTDOOR game the Skins have played in Minnesota since the 1976 paloffs.

We have made a lot of mistakes this year, but have only played 1 truly bad game - giants.  That game came on a short week after a confidence-building game against a division foe - eagles.

So, we just had another confidence-building game against a division foe and we are on a short week.  Will history repeat itself?  NO!!!!   We won't have a truly bad game.  My hope is that Robert sits and we win.  That will set us up for some meaningful November games.   

Prediction:  'Skins 24  vikings 20

I predict we'll all be very happy watching this one.

I predict we are in doubt until the final 2 mins of the game. We should blow out these next two teams but we likely lose one of them anyway and it's probably the Vikings but I'm not going to predict that right now.

Redskins 16 Vikings 10

I'm afraid of Cordarelle Patterson. 

I still have nightmares of Cordarelle torching Amerson first game of 2012 college football season. 

But if we are scared of Cordarrelle what do you think they are feeling about Desean...

Colt starts...Redskins 24 Vikings 17

RG3 starts...Redskins 28 Vikings 13

This is going to be a tough game. Minnesota has a solid OL and should do well against our Rush D. I think this game will be low scoring in the first half, but in the end Morris finally gets going. Almo rushes for over 100 yards and at least one score. DJax has 1 or 2 big plays and Jordan Reed continues to dominate.

Skins 27 - Vikings 17

Im still torn, sure I am riding the absolute high of beating the Cowboy's....but looking on the game without rose colored glasses we still did some bad team things. We still got dumb penalties, had trouble defending the play of Brandon Weedon, and just still didn't look like a team that is going to go on a run no matter who is taking the snaps.

Even with all that said, I do not think the Vikes are that good, and we actually match up with them well.

Redskins: 17

Vikings: 14

We win on another one on a late Kai Forbath FG Colt McCoy reminds us why he is Colt McCoy and struggles but plays well enough to win again. Alfred has another mediocre game, but the D plays well again with Kerrigan getting another sack on Bridgewater and Breeland continuing to grow. Although like we often do we will give up some easy points at horrible points making the game stressful for the fans.

Archived