Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could the Redskins win the Superbowl this year?

HogHeaven1983

I dont want to jinx anything.  And I realize that you need to have a bit of luck to have a great year (re: injuries).  But was just wondering what you all thought of the chances the Redskins make and win the Superbowl.  I realize that just making the playoffs is a great thing though, and if we did that again I would be happy (but it would be nice to win at least 1 playoff game)

I think that on the positive side, the Redskins offense looks fierce (assuming RG3 comes back 100% and has another great year, and our OL stays healthy).  I have to think our WR corps will be better.  On the defensive side we probably need at least 2 of the rookie DB's to step up and be major contributors, if that happened out D could get back into the top 10 maybe.

I think the biggest stumbling block to a Skins superbowl this year is the Seattle Seahawks, who look dominant ... and if we have to go through Seattle for the playoffs ... well we all know how that tends to go.

I am still hopeful for another NFC East Title and a push deep into the playoffs in 2013/14

I've been telling anyone who will listen that the Redskins will win three super bowls while Griffin is behind center.

The first one could come as early as this year.

We won the division last year.......no where to go but up.

Griffins knee could  NOT be news worthy in a matter of weeks ( rubs rabbits foot)

We have our walking wounded back in the fold and should be much better in the secondary.

I dont see our division rivals improving that much either.

The future is now!

We've got the pieces in place to do it and I like our depth, just not sure this is our year. I'm hoping we're able to show that we're a contender while our young guys get more comfortable/experience. Regardless, I expect an exciting season.

I agree that since I've been born, 24 years old, and conscious about football, this is the best chance we've had.

I also think that another NFC East steps up this season and our division takes a Wild Card Spot. I expect us to make the playoffs one way or another. 

We need rookie DB's to step up along with Fred Davis. Man, I hope Bacarri is nice b/c that would be hands down coolest jersey to get.

We have a fantastic chance to get into the playoffs. We should be a favorite to reach the postseason. Once you're in the playoffs anything can happen.

It's just a matter of winning a few games against really good teams once there. There isn't anyone we can't beat and we get a few lucky breaks and ball bounces...yes we could win the Super Bowl this year.

Which is almost hard to type since 11 wins has been a dream my entire life now we are talking about Super Bowls. Staggering

You can never win a SB with a Jim Hasslet coached defense.....I hope I just jinx myself. Prove me wrong jailbreak joker. If I end up with egg on my face this season this will make great  for "bump up" material. I just don't have any faith in Hass that's all

It's possible, but not likely. Seattle is overrated imo, I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a step backwards this year.. but they could just as easily take a big leap forward.

The only good thing about the NFC west is that Seattle, SF and STL get to beat the snot out of each other 6x a year. Esp Sea & SF. There seems to be some bad blood between them so watching them kill each other will be enjoyable.

i do believe that this question will be answered depending on how the new safetys/and the DB play, we are good in offence depending on injuries, we do have two very good QB's which is a huge advantage, we have good receivers and great running backs very good TE's the line is more than serviceable.  Special teams needs to pick up a gear or two and play better, i would love to see better kick/punt returns, ie: longer and i would love to see our Special teams defend better, Rocca will keep kicking deep we need players to run hard and fast and keep them from running.   Defence should be even better this year, we have all our starters back we have a great DL great LB's and very good Corners, it is the safeties and the second string corners that will need to improve, and i believe that they will, although it really is to early to say we will make the superbowl this upcoming season i do believe we are capable of winning it

I believe they will due to once again shocking the league, with the creation of a new formation, the Dual Pistol. Both Griffin and Cousins will line up in the Pistol and both of them are capable of getting the ball on any snap. :P

Well, the obvious answer is that it's too early to determine such a lofty prediction. But, I will say that we are definitely heading in the right direction & for the first time in a couple of decades, we can certainly see a Super Bowl in the near future.

Hail.

Assuming no significant injuries happen, I think the 'Skins have a good chance to repeat as NFCE champs, it will really depend on the other seeds.

Pretty sure the 49ers will end up in the NFC Championship again because even if Kap falls back to earth a bit, that roster is pretty deep to where they are built to sustain the rigors of an NFL season and post-season.

Seattle's fate is pretty much depending on Russell Wilson to prove that he is more than a game manager. Look I don't want to knock the kid, he had a hell of a December 2012, but go back and watch Seahawks games through the first 3/4 of the season, the guy was nothing special at all, that defense bailed him out a lot and kept games close. Contrast that with us where if the defense was worth a damn for the first 9 games, the offense would have been plenty to win at least 2-3 more games and have us seeded higher. (Ok I better stop before this convo goes to a familiar bitter place, lol)

Here is the interesting thing about the 49ers though. As good as their defense was touted, something about their secondary was figured out and they were passed all over toward the end of the season and into the post-season. They lost their starting safety, drafted a replacement, signed Nnamdi.  So there is still question marks there.   

The Ravens were not a special looking team during the regular season.  They were almost another case of the Packers who got hot at the right time and rode it all the way to a Superbowl win. I still contend that if not for that 60 minute blackout the Ravens would have crushed the Niners severely because IMO, that downtime was something the Niners desperately needed to regroup and focus and get a breather.  The Ravens were firing on all cylinders and then suddenly had to sit around and stop and the game turned on a dime 180.

Strange things happen in the post-season because this is not the NFL of 30 years ago where 2 teams in the playoffs are so dominant that no one has a chance.  

Get to the playoffs, 1-6 seed, and anything can happen.

My guess? The 'Skins are still one better draft and a big signing or two away from being a championship threat, but I still don't say it couldn't happen.  We've seen good not great regular season teams get streaky at the right time and carry it to the trophy.

No. It's impossible.

(Just thought I'd say that, to be different).

I agree. I think we will only sniff 1-2 wins this season, 3 wins tops....those wins being against the Lions, @ Raiders, and Vs Chargers.

SYKE!!! haha but seriously, yeah as of now, we have as good a shot as anybody to win the superbowl. I could honestly see the Skins getting a superbowl win within the next 3-4 seasons.

32 teams can win the SB this or any other year.  ;)

Now I've gotten the facetious answer out of the way, my personal opinion as of now would be your a year ahead of schedule. Still a lot of questions with the front 5 and D for me to start thinking in such grandiose terms. I actually expect us to drop back a game or so in terms of wins this year, whilst still retaining the division given the standard of the other three. Our schedule alone is brutal man. So I'm expecting something similar to last year. The East and an early playoff exit. But another very productive year in terms of team building as the young guys get another year growing on the field together to put under their belts for 2014 when we're back on a level playing field with the rest of the league. 

Hail. 

32 teams can win the SB this or any other year.  ;)

Now I've gotten the facetious answer out of the way, my personal opinion as of now would be your a year ahead of schedule. Still a lot of questions with the front 5 and D for me to start thinking in such grandiose terms. I actually expect us to drop back a game or so in terms of wins this year, whilst still retaining the division given the standard of the other three. Our schedule alone is brutal man. So I'm expecting something similar to last year. The East and an early playoff exit. But another very productive year in terms of team building as the young guys get another year growing on the field together to put under their belts for 2014 when we're back on a level playing field with the rest of the league. 

Hail. 

Leave it to GHH to go with the proverbial "32 team" bit :)

That said, I agree with him.  It could happen this year and I think you can start to expect successful seasons (in terms of regular season wins and losses) begining in 2013... but I think we are one more threat at WR and a very good field corner away from being a favorite.  That can be taken care of next offseason between FA and the draft.  But you never know with that #10 back there.

So, I expect success and continuity this year and I expect to begin a run at a Super Bowl in 2014.

Archived