Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Why do Republicans insist on cutting birth control? Then they complain about the birth rate and the cost of same. 

Republicans make no sense on this issue.

See, that is proof I'm not a Republican. :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

So the plan is to bully any moderate Rs that might still have some shred of human decency left (??) Good luck with that...........

Been working for 20 years.  

(If by "working", you mean "it's how we got to today".)

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

So the plan is to bully any moderate Rs that might still have some shred of human decency left (??) Good luck with that...........

This has been happening too much everywhere.  It happens here in the tailgate and more notably, it happens in R circles.  It is one of the things that finally drove me to un-register as a Republican.  Its why Kasich didnt stand a chance.  I think it also happens to the moderate ledt also.  There is no middle grpund left in this country.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Single-payer already dead in CA. 

Announced.... Friday evening, lol

I'm glad to see that some people have the good sense not to Jim through a healthcare bill before it's ready simply for political purposes. I'm sure the Democrats will spend many more millions of dollars on attack ads now on Rendon for killining it... (hint: no they won't).

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'm glad to see that some people have the good sense not to Jim through a healthcare bill before it's ready simply for political purposes. I'm sure the Democrats will spend many more millions of dollars on attack ads now on Rendon for killining it... (hint: no they won't).

This in 200 steps down the line. The bill was purposefully incomplete and was never going to pass as written.

But killing it now prevents a real single-payer bill to be created somewhere in those 200 steps. 

46 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Why is that?

Bills/Laws in CA go through lots of committees, reviews, analysis, second readings etc.

A comprehensive healthcare bill also has to have new taxes, new budget; things that would have to be approved in themselves as well. 

*Don't get your other question. 100% confused on that one. Long night... already running errands Sunday morning... sorry

Edited by Mooka

Arguing over details is what must be done at this point, republicans must be opposed on this farce of a plan, but the democratic party needs to distance itself from any form of private health care moving forward.  They'll never convince the public by arguing over this provision or that cap, and in the end all of this still leaves us stuck under a private health system.  Insurance through private companies is worse and more expensive than a government run system and that's been proven in several democratic nations all over the world. 

Every bill democrats support should either create a public health care option or eliminate any protections private companies have that allow them to remain in business. Tear the current system down completely.  No more compromises.    

• Like 8

That Heller story is interesting. Looking for a hail Mary in his own career. Watch him go independent if he's already going to be attacked by his party. Probably not. Would be kind of a savvy move. "I'm not a R or D.... I'm a Nevadan." 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That Heller story is interesting. Looking for a hail Mary in his own career. Watch him go independent if he's already going to be attacked by his party. Probably not. Would be kind of a savvy move. "I'm not a R or D.... I'm a Nevadan." 

It wouldn't be a bad platform to run on.

I've often wondered if you could get an area like NC, SC, VA, MD to run on state parties with the idea that those 4 groups could form a voting block.  I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

5 hours ago, daveakl said:

It wouldn't be a bad platform to run on.

I've often wondered if you could get an area like NC, SC, VA, MD to run on state parties with the idea that those 4 groups could form a voting block.  I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

That's basically forming a new party or at least sub-party. You'd see the dark money out to kill that quickly.

22 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

So the fiscally responsible thing is to increase access to birth control and abortions? Or tell them to go without care in general?

Well why are they doing it? How many of these women are hung out to dry by the men who impregnated them without support? Why would people have kids when they are poorly educated and have no money, is that making their life better or are they looking for more government handouts by having these kids they know they can't pay for but the government will?

There's a lot going on here, starts at poor parenting, low self-esteem, poor judgment, and sometimes it's just a mistake.

Throwing more and more money at the problem as the stats rise won't fix it, we're just enabling people to bury themselves even deeper.  If your child was failing school because she didn't study and hung out with friends all night would you continue to let her do it?  

I think birth control should be a focus but I think the decision to have kids by this demographic goes a bit deeper than someone making a mistake, the numbers are just too high so it's either a ton of people are careless or it's premeditated.

We already have free healthcare, free child support, section 8 housing, and many other free subsidies to help these woman so the key is does the data get better as they get older?  Are they using the resources they get from the Government to become more educated, get better jobs, etc.  If that's not happening then were in trouble.  

I really wish the "moderate" Rs would stop pretending like they give a **** about people losing coverage due to medicaid cuts. The only thing they care about is appearing to give a ****; enough that they can still pitch that bull**** to their constituents to get re-elected. The House moderate Rs were quickly and easily swayed by some bull**** little pittance thrown in that realistically didn't do jack **** but maintained the appearance that it did and that they actually had spines.

In other news, I love how Trump's fragile ego and dull intellect intervened again and he couldn't help but parade the fact that yes he damn well did call the House bill "mean" (despite his own WH and others trying to spin that as out of context or not even something he actually said) because he believed that Obama stole the term from him. The guy is like a 5 year old with ADHD...if someone gave a 5 year old with ADHD access to nuclear weapons.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2