Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

You know, this whole narrative about how the Republicans want to kill people might have more credibility if there weren't as many posts in this and similar threads, gleefully announcing how this measure will kill people.  

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

The silver lining to all this is that between this bill, skyrocketing opioid addiction, and the loss of a significant percentage of doctors in rural areas thanks to anti-immigration policies (immigrants make up a disproportionate number of doctors in godforsaken areas), a lot of Trump voters will die off.  Just as lemmings drown themselves en masse when overpopulation makes survival problematic, there seems to be a subconscious natural directive for people in areas left unproductive by technological change to commit a sort of collective suicide.

#runlemmingsrun

We can always get more immigrant Drs, there are good reasons why they are in those godforsaken areas. :ols:

1 hour ago, twa said:

We can always get more immigrant Drs, there are good reasons why they are in those godforsaken areas. :ols:

Well, yes and no.  Money and the ability to locate/study in the US have been a draw for foreign doctors (to more rural areas), but increase in crimes, immigration laws and sentiment against them might stunt that flow.  Couple that with other countries stepping into that breach and it could get even tougher.  Money is a big draw, as you allude to, and laws/practices can be changed, but it sure seems like a lot of damage has already been done... perhaps enough that we can't recover from it.  

As I wrote this I realized you probably already thought of all of that and you're just playing your usual Devil's Advocate role.  Funny that playing Devil's Advocate means advocating/defending GOP practices... but you probably recognized that irony eons ago.  

5 minutes ago, twa said:

Many are allowed to immigrate because they agree to work in under served areas.

That you cast the plight of immigrants here as bad vs the other options seems a reach.

Your first sentence is what I was getting at in my post, yes.  As for the 2nd sentence, would you say conditions (and, maybe more importantly, perceptions) have worsened in the last several months?  You've seen other countries leaders speak up about bringing in the workers the US seems to be shunning?  

But no, I did not say the US is a bad option for foreign workers (doctors), but I'd at least say the gap between us and some other countries is lessening.  Wouldn't be surprised if the US (assuming a need to work in rural areas especially) was no longer one of the top options in the near future.  

Look I have a major pre-existing and believe everyone deserves the right to live and have medical but does anyone else find it shocking that 50% of all births in the US are financed by Medicaid, that number seems astronomical.

So only 1 out of 2 Americans (Could be less if you dig into the numbers) are actually financially prepared to have kids when they do?  This also creates more taxpayer burdens down the road once the pregnancy is over.

We seem to have a major issue with a large part of this country being fiscally irresponsible and entitlements won't ever fix that problem it will just continue to push that number up.

36 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Look I have a major pre-existing and believe everyone deserves the right to live and have medical but does anyone else find it shocking that 50% of all births in the US are financed by Medicaid, that number seems astronomical.

So only 1 out of 2 Americans (Could be less if you dig into the numbers) are actually financially prepared to have kids when they do?  This also creates more taxpayer burdens down the road once the pregnancy is over.

We seem to have a major issue with a large part of this country being fiscally irresponsible and entitlements won't ever fix that problem it will just continue to push that number up.

I agree. Those poor people should just have to give birth without medical care. That will teach them not to have sex without employer-provided insurance. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

So the fiscally responsible thing is to increase access to birth control and abortions? Or tell them to go without care in general?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

So the fiscally responsible thing is to increase access to birth control and abortions? Or tell them to go without care in general?

just fiscally speaking, sterilization or implanted birth control would be best.

and even reduces killing the wee ones.

as long as we are going just fiscal we should probably limit who can reproduce right?

Just fiscal can get out of hand eh?

2 hours ago, Larry said:

I agree. Those poor people should just have to give birth without medical care. That will teach them not to have sex without employer-provided insurance. 

Or here's a crazy thought, maybe you can plan ahead and save, kids are an investment so why would you not want to be prepared just like any investment.  I understand things happen but this is a 50/50 split of people who are too poor to have kids and continue to pop them out.  In a majority of these cases It will limit those poor people's ability evolve and become more successful and eventually be someone who can afford to have a child.

Kids are not easy even for the most prepared couple, single mom, or dad, I'm trying to use a little common sense based on the numbers.

As for condoms, I don't want to hear that people won't use condoms because they can't get them free, it's a stupid argument, condoms are not expensive and there were always resources to free condoms before the ACA, you just have to get off your ass and find them.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We should just send poor women out into the woods with a blanket, a knife and some bottled water.

#handleit

#oldwhiteguytalkingpoints

Your posts are so typical, no real redeeming quality, just one liners and memes.

Edited by jschuck12001

2 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

The growth of Medicaid births is very interesting.  Also interesting that many pretty staunchly GOP states top the list, along with the fact that states like California, New York and Texas are so high.  

Whether it's concerning depends on so many factors that I don't have enough info on:  what were mothers doing prior to using Medicaid?  What is and what was the financial impact (on the family/state/fed/taxpayer)?

Who is better and worse off with these changes?  

• Like 1

I do wonder whether 50% by medicaid is a result of poor families actually having disproportionate number of children or whether people are more likely to fudge to get medicaid during pregnancy.  

I think one can agree that medicaid abuse needs to be looked at and addressed without saying that medicaid coverage needs to be rolled back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

The growth of Medicaid births is very interesting.  Also interesting that many pretty staunchly GOP states top the list, along with the fact that states like California, New York and Texas are so high.  

Whether it's concerning depends on so many factors that I don't have enough info on:  what were mothers doing prior to using Medicaid?  What is and what was the financial impact (on the family/state/fed/taxpayer)?

Who is better and worse off with these changes?  

When the percentage is that high that means everyone is taking advantage of the situation.  These women are pregnant so they aren't committing fraud but you wonder what would make someone feel so safe about having a baby when you live paycheck to paycheck or aren't working at all.

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

I do wonder whether 50% by medicaid is a result of poor families actually having disproportionate number of children or whether people are more likely to fudge to get medicaid during pregnancy.  

I think one can agree that medicaid abuse needs to be looked at and addressed without saying that medicaid coverage needs to be rolled back.

Poor folk many times have kids to validate their lives, and besides making them is fun.

qualifying for medicaid varies greatly depending on location

BF01811-fig1.png