Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

So the way I look at it is like this: Pretty much the entire GOP wants to repeal Obamacare.  The vote on this specific piece of legislation is going to come down to whether "Repeal by any means necessary" takes precedence over working on an actual good replacement plan.

Well they can use the ACA line of we can improve it later ....it doesn't expire

There oughtta be a special room in hell for McConnell. Aside from the absolutely atrocious bill itself, the remarkable contempt for transparency in procedure is . . . oh wait, I forgot that that's par for the course these days.

• Like 2

The more I hear "we can't pass this bill.......yet" the more I think they are just making a lot of noise publicly, before voting for it in the middle of the night on a Friday or something of the like.

Reading details of the bill, I am not sure where "improving health care for Americans" is shown.  It seems like this bill is just designed to cut a bunch of funding and coverage.  

Much in the way that Obamacare was said to be a gateway to an eventual single payer plan, Trumpcare seems to be a gateway back to the previous status quo.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The more I hear "we can't pass this bill.......yet" the more I think they are just making a lot of noise publicly, before voting for it in the middle of the night on a Friday or something of the like.

Reading details of the bill, I am not sure where "improving health care for Americans" is shown.  It seems like this bill is just designed to cut a bunch of funding and coverage and give a giant tax cut to wealthy Americans

Much in the way that Obamacare was said to be a gateway to an eventual single payer plan, Trumpcare seems to be a gateway back to the previous status quo.

You missed a part. 

The new health care bill as written would be “a death sentence for millions of Americans,”

I can absolutely see this as a campaign slogan for the Rs, their base is so insanely twisted with their weird fantasies about "others" that the prospect of mass death would only thrill them more.

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

Obama should have been on the campaign trail every day after Obamacare was passed talking about it in these terms. Not selling the good has been one of the Dems biggest failures. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PF Chang said:

Is there a single good thing anyone can even TRY to say about this bill? I thought I'd see the Infowars talking points in here by now. 

Does it eliminate the tax/fine for not having approved ins?

If so it is a winner in my book.