Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

Well..........that is depressing.  Not surprising though. And as far as Hatch goes.  Is the guy not medically fit to hold his position or is he just playing dumb?  I am not joking or making light of anything, he honestly didn't look prepared and/or able to answer McCaskill's questions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Well..........that is depressing.  Not surprising though. And as far as Hatch goes.  Is the guy not medically fit to hold his position or is he just playing dumb?  I am not joking or making light of anything, he honestly didn't look prepared and/or able to answer McCaskill's questions.  

Yeah he seemed really lost. Mumbling "er....and....whh....what? wha?" Maybe he and McCain are on the same meds.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

Senate Republicans don't want you to know what's in their health care plan. They don't want you to know how many millions of people they are taking health care from or how many thousands will die as a result. Quietly they are moving forward with their health care bill so that it can come to a vote without any hearings, floor debate, committee markups, amendments or public testimony. This is a cowardly move to keep the American people in the dark about a piece of legislation that will affect the health care of millions and one sixth of our economy. In comparison, Obamacare had 25 straight days of floor debate and hundreds of Republican amendments and committee hearings. We cannot let them get away with this. We will fight back against efforts to destroy our health care.

AHCA.thumb.png.db978fd3d05d75a8c048f78990a666e4.png

• Like 6

Nice. He held a party in the Rose Garden to celebrate this Trumpcare plan. Now he wants to pretend he didn't. These ****ers aren't worried that he's going to sell them out. That's a certainty. They are worried that if they clap back at all, the Clickservative Army will come out of their safe spaces and come after their jobs. Tea Party was already astroturfed to death. What's next?

To the idiot's credit, he listened to the people. However he came to that conclusion, he at least recognizes it must be improved. I'm sure he doesn't understand the nuances of the bill, but is at least willing to make them work on it. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

To the idiot's credit, he listened to the people. However he came to that conclusion, he at least recognizes it must be improved. I'm sure he doesn't understand the nuances of the bill, but is at least willing to make them work on it. 

You're giving Trump way too much credit. If the Senate changed nothing from the House bill, I guarantee he would still sign this turd. He's going to sign whatever they put in front of him and chalk it up as a win. They are going to be pounding beers on the White House lawn again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

38 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

You're giving Trump way too much credit. If the Senate changed nothing from the House bill, I guarantee he would still sign this turd. He's going to sign whatever they put in front of him and chalk it up as a win. They are going to be pounding beers on the White House lawn again.

He's a (now) 71-year-old "9-year-old with ADHD".  He wants applause for going potty in the right place.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

It's Democratic obstructionism I tell you...

Now, I'm absolutely certain that the Democrats are obstructing things, at least some.  

They're filibustering it.  Which normally would mean that it takes 60 votes, to pass it.  (And they don;t have 60 votes.)  Which forces the R's to pass it using a procedure that was designed to not allow major legislation like this one.  And forces the R's to have unanimous support, just to get to 50 votes.  

Now, granted, the Dems aren't exactly voting against it.  (There haven't been any votes.)  

They're not proposing irrelevant amendments.  (They're not allowed to even propose any amendments.  They aren't allowed to even discuss it on the floor.  Or even to see what's in the current version.)  

But they are doing something.  

It would be laughable if the next 3 1/2 years consisted, primarily, of Trump ****ting all over things the R's try to pass after he makes the public comments he does.

It would be what they deserve for trying to support an idiot and it'd be significantly better than the first six months

24 minutes ago, tshile said:

It would be laughable if the next 3 1/2 years consisted, primarily, of Trump ****ting all over things the R's try to pass after he makes the public comments he does.

Laughable, and completely impossible.  

Trump would sign a turd sandwich, if the House sent it to him and he could get his picture in the papers signing it.  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Now, I'm absolutely certain that the Democrats are obstructing things, at least some.  

They're filibustering it.  Which normally would mean that it takes 60 votes, to pass it.  (And they don;t have 60 votes.)  Which forces the R's to pass it using a procedure that was designed to not allow major legislation like this one.  And forces the R's to have unanimous support, just to get to 50 votes.  

Now, granted, the Dems aren't exactly voting against it.  (There haven't been any votes.)  

They're not proposing irrelevant amendments.  (They're not allowed to even propose any amendments.  They aren't allowed to even discuss it on the floor.  Or even to see what's in the current version.)  

But they are doing something.  

Yeah, the D's are doing what little they can to stop something that goes against what they stand for, or, imo, a terrible bill designed largely as a vehicle to allow the Rs to pass a tax cut.

But Trump and the Rs have not asked for help in an honest way, like holding hearings, so blaming the D's for the Rs reluctance to force through legislation that is likely to bite them in the ass in 2018 is silly.

41 minutes ago, visionary said:

Disappointed they didn't get the star wars quote right. It's will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. The needed the work possibly. Would have been great. 

• Like 1