Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Fish Story

"In the year 2012 a comet approaches earth, threatening to end civilization when it impacts. On the streets of Japan, a single music store remains open, its proprietor insisting to his customers that the world is not coming to an end. He plays a forgotten song recorded by an obscure band 37 years ago, and insists that somehow, this song will save the world. A series of short stories spans the years from the recording of the song in 1975 to the modern day, and shows how--in roundabout fashion--the man in the music store is absolutely right."-IMDB

I caught this on Netflix a few nights ago and just randomly selected it and ended up loving this movie. It's very well done and the way the story plays out and comes together is very well done. I totally recommend this one.

Trailer

Edited by Sikbug

I was sick this weekend so I had a double header...

Red State- Completely different from anything Kevin Smith has done before. It is about a religious cult that is a combination of Westboro Baptist church with a David Koresh type leader. Not much for plot twists and character development, but pretty good...

Killing Bono- A 'based on true story' movie based on a band that came out of the same town as U2. As the title may indicate, this band (comprised of two brothers and other less significant members) can not get from underneath the shadow of U2 and Bono. If you can tolerate accents, it is an enjoyable enough movie.

Happy Gilmore is on right now....I can give a synopsis, but I don't think that is necessary

Just got finished watching Return of the Jedi with my kid...I know there is no need for a synopsis for this one

---------- Post added March-4th-2012 at 07:05 PM ----------

Edited by jobaga

Watched Drive, thought it was overrated.

They tried to make Ryan Gosling a super badass tough guy character. In every scene he's just standing there in silence with a pissed off face. I'm not sure he says more than 50 words in the entire movie. Looked awkward in the handful of non-driving action scenes. Dude is a good actor, but that is not the role for him.

Edited by Botched

Breaking Da......sorry I can't finish it. My wife wanted to watch all the Twilig......can't do it won't do it. It was a compromise we made so I could get her to watch some movies I wanted to see.

The movies are cheesy as ****. Kristen Stewart looks like she is about to **** herself in ALL of them. Robert Pattinson is a gay vampire I swear it. Taylor Lautner is just jealous. Ashley Greene (Alice) and Nikki Reed (Rosalee) are super hot vampires to look at though. I'm Team Alice BTW.

I see the allure for women that have vampire fetishes. It started with Buffy but the show didn't take itself seriously and neither does True Blood. Both are bat **** crazy where as the Twilight movies are too dramatic.

Watch them with Rifftrax, commedic gold.

I watched the first Twilight, and thought it was pretty good, but it made me feel like I was in middle school, which kind of didn't sit well with me a few hours afterwards. I thought New Moon was okay, but again, same deal. I guess it's more of a pre-teen/teen deal. I also made the mistake of watching New Moon when it came out in theaters. Bad move. Every shirtless scene with Taylor Lautner, or a kiss, or anything mildly romantic, brought about what you would already expect from a room full of roughly 54% teenage girls.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Lorax haha

---------- Post added March-6th-2012 at 01:35 AM ----------

I though Wanderlust was sooooo funny. You have to get blazed before seeing it though. The part where dude was talking to himself about banging the girl who asked him to have sex with her..........CLASSIC!!!

godfather_ver1.jpg

The Godfather, 1972. Vito Corleone is the aging patriarch of a powerful mob family in New York who must deal with the changing nature of organized crime and the changing dynamic of his family.

If there is such a thing as a perfect movie, The Godfather is it. It features legendary acting, a great story, tremendous dialogue, breathtaking cinematography, and a musical score that will go down as one of the greatest of all time. Mario Putzo and Francis Ford Coppola created a film that will outlast all of us and will remain a standard in cinema.

I just watched "Troll Hunter." I really enjoyed this movie. It's like "Cloverfield," except a lot better.

I noticed on Netflix that this movie got pretty good ratings, but it just looked kinda cheesy. Well thanks to a bunch of people on other forums recommending it, I finally gave it a watch. I gotta say I was pretty impressed. 8/10.

THIS. MOVIE. WAS. COOL.

I just watched "Troll Hunter." I really enjoyed this movie. It's like "Cloverfield," except a lot better.

I've always come so close to checking this movie out but something made me skip over it. I might have to give it a shot, I acutally loved Cloverfield.

I just saw that they're now doing an American remake of Troll Hunter.

I've always come so close to checking this movie out but something made me skip over it. I might have to give it a shot, I acutally loved Cloverfield.

Dude, you sound exactly like me LOL. It got 4 outta 5 starts on Netflix user reviews, and the description sounds cool. I added it to my instant queue months ago, but would always scroll past it when looking for something to watch LOL.

There is a similar "last movie you watched" thread on the Broncos forums, and multiple people chimed in about "Troll Hunter." So I figured what the hell and watched it yesterday. I was impressed. You should definitely check it out. I liked Cloverfield as well, but Troll Hunter is better. IMO of course.

Talk of an American remake should be enough to tell you that it's worth watching. America steals and remakes every decent foreign film these days :ols:

Edited by skins_fan1982

They're doing an American re-make? I don't like that at all. Part of what makes the movie cool is that it's in Norway, starring Norwegians. That just makes it seem more authentic, cause who really knows anything about what goes on up there? Most of my heritage is Norwegian, and I know absolutely nothing about that country. It just seems like a mythical place. If trolls lived anywhere, that's where it would be.

They're doing an American re-make? I don't like that at all. Part of what makes the movie cool is that it's in Norway, starring Norwegians. That just makes it seem more authentic, cause who really knows anything about what goes on up there? Most of my heritage is Norwegian, and I know absolutely nothing about that country. It just seems like a mythical place. If trolls lived anywhere, that's where it would be.

I agree 100. Even though it was it was pretty good, I was upset when America made a "Dragon Tattoo" remake. And I was about to flip out when I heard that Stephen Spielberg and Will Smith were going to remake South Korea's "Old Boy." Old Boy is such a cult classic and most people have never heard of it, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I appreciate the authenticity of original foriegn films, and I respect the low budgets that many of them have, relying on the acting to make the movie. If Spielberg and Will Smith remade Old Boy, it would probably have $100M budget...

If anybody is hip to the South Korean movie scene, they are aboslutely DESTROYING the U.S. when it comes to original thrillers in the past 3-4 years...

Edited by skins_fan1982

I saw Safe House last night. I loved it. Of course, Denzel was a ****ing bad ass the whole movie. If you like fight scenes, car chases, broken necks, and explosions, then this is a great movie with strong acting.

Red State- Completely different from anything Kevin Smith has done before. It is about a religious cult that is a combination of Westboro Baptist church with a David Koresh type leader. Not much for plot twists and character development, but pretty good...

I watched Red State this weekend too. Not the best movie I saw but Michael Parks nailing the role of looney cult leader made it enjoyable for me.

I also watched Antibodies...

MV5BOTExMzEzMzc0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTkyMDM0MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

I'd definitely recommend checking this out, as long as you don't mind reading subtitles. Its almost a mix of Silence of the Lambs and Se7en. Watch it before it's butchered in an American remake.

220px-The-reef-poster-

The Reef - 2010

Messed up. This movie contains the most realistic & scary shark attack scenes I've ever seen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reef_(2010_film)

The film is based on the true story of Ray Boundy, who was the sole survivor of similar incident in 1983. The Reef is a 2010 Australian horror film. The film was written and directed by Andrew Traucki, his second feature film (the first being Black Water), and is about a group of friends who capsize while sailing to Indonesia. The group decides that their best bet for survival is to swim to a nearby island but find themselves stalked by a great white shark.