Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Much PTO/Vacation Time Do You Get?

samy316

Been at my company 10 years in May, right now I get 16 hours per month (2 days) up to a cap, cant remember the total, something like 300 hours. Once you hit the cap, you don't earn any more PTO, but everything carries over year to year. So I earn 24 days a year which is almost 5 weeks of vacation per year. In May, it ups to 19.5 hours per month (2.5 days). Life is good!

For me and all Federal employees it is 4 hours of annual and 4 hours of sick leave a paycheck (every two weeks). Once I hit April 13 this year I will go up to 6 hours annual a paycheck. Once you hit 15 years as a Federal employee it goes up to 8 hours of leave. Sick leave never changes from 4 hours.

None.. I freelance.

This also means I can take as mch time as i want when I want. But I haven't taken much.

I can get away for a weekend, 3 or 4 days here and there, but if i took two weeks i'd lose business.

On the upside i set my own schedule.

~Bang

funny you post this.. co worker and I were just talking about that...

I currently get 14.67 hours a month and can hold up to 208 hours of leave at any given time... I have 198 hours of leave banked up... and that was with taking a week at x-mas and 2 weeks (seperate) in the summer....

I travel alot so I can bank up hours easily and not have to take leave....

What sucks is we use to have UNLIMITED sick leave... which is SWEEET... .

I get 22 days at my level including PTO and vacation days. But the kicker is I cannot hit my targets for billability if I take it all. So basically if I take over 2 weeks I am usually logging more hours to make it up.

Also my cap is at 22 days and cannot pocket any, I just stop accruing at that limit. I wish I could just get a week-2 cashed out a year.

2 weeks (10 days per year) with no sick leave, no 401k matching, maybe 4-5 paid holidays a year and we can't take more than a week's vacation at a time. Oh, and it's not transferable, use it or lose it, and you can't take the vacation pay and show up for work anyways. To top it off my health insurance is almost $300 a month from me for a single 28 year old. Yeah, my industry sucks when it comes to benefits.

Archived