Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Wolves are trying to resign Shabazz for the minimum. If the demand for him is so low now, why wouldn't the Wiz just spend $2M - $3M on a 1 year deal for him as I believe we still have the mid level exception available? He'd be a great piece to add to our thin bench at the 3 spot...would kind of be a lower cost Bojan

21 hours ago, method man said:

The Wolves are trying to resign Shabazz for the minimum. If the demand for him is so low now, why wouldn't the Wiz just spend $2M - $3M on a 1 year deal for him as I believe we still have the mid level exception available? He'd be a great piece to add to our thin bench at the 3 spot...would kind of be a lower cost Bojan

Now why would I do that?

msoznxa3ikn46ewm4hna.jpg?w=700

• Like 3

23 hours ago, method man said:

I'm for loading up that bench with bodies, because I'm skeptical of the "upgrades" so far.  I thought they shoulda taken a flyer on Michael Beasley for bench scoring before he signed with the Knicks.

On 8/12/2017 at 5:07 PM, CRobi21 said:

John putting in that recruiting work for the next time LBJ hits FA? ;)

That would be the reverse KD.  Going to the team that cant beat you.

2 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Now why would I do that?

msoznxa3ikn46ewm4hna.jpg?w=700

Because besides Jodie Meeks, you do not have a proven scorer on that 2nd unit. I think Oubre will get better but wouldn't trust him to carry the load with Meeks. Also with Meeks, the dude is injury prone - if he gets hurt, we will Wall and Beal playing some heavy minutes with the 2nd unit to give them some sort of scoring punch.

Also I don't want to give up our 2018 1st rd pick next Feb at the trading deadline for another rental :)

23 minutes ago, method man said:

Because besides Jodie Meeks, you do not have a proven scorer on that 2nd unit. I think Oubre will get better but wouldn't trust him to carry the load with Meeks. Also with Meeks, the dude is injury prone - if he gets hurt, we will Wall and Beal playing some heavy minutes with the 2nd unit to give them some sort of scoring punch.

Also I don't want to give up our 2018 1st rd pick next Feb at the trading deadline for another rental :)

Hope you caught the sarcasm in my post.  I think you did with the Smiley face at the end.

Edited by pjfootballer
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 0:18 AM, The Gibber said:

Awesome that the Wizards are at the Clippers the Saturday before the Skins at the Chargers in LA/SoCal.  Looks like I'll be making a trip to LA that weekend.  My mom just moved to OC so even more fortunate.  

Totally gonna take advantage of this. Girlfriend wants a trip.....she wont expect a thing :)

16 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

didn't notice it until now, but looks like J.Michael is no longer with CSN

Yea, he's been gone for a few weeks now.  Hope he lands on his feet somewhere, but he didn't provide much insight when he was working for the media here in DC.

• Like 1