Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Are we going to have a gameday thread?  I hope so but not sure if it is my place to start one.  I wish Aaron was playing tonight; it would be a better test for our defense.  I hope Doctson plays.  He is a really good player.  Hail to my brothers & sisters

Edited by Riggo'sRangers

6 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Are we going to have a gameday thread?  I hope so but not sure if it is my place to start one.  I wish Aaron was playing tonight; it would be a better test for our defense.  I hope Doctson plays.  He is a really good player.  Hail to my brothers & sisters

1. Yes we did have a game day thread.

2. Aaron did play, did what he always does again our defense.

3. Think he had one catch.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

On NFLN or internets? Make with a link lady!

NFLN.  We're up 17-14, but about to punt due to a hands to the face penalty

edit, add: my husband just flipped out that I don't know the score and am watching a replay....dude seriously does not get the fandom.

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 1

I know its preseason, but how can we just say Kirk has rust when explaining away errant throws, when he has been throwing passes to the same players for months, close to daily. I presume other QBs have the same problems he does early in the season. I wouldn't say something unless we saw the same thing last year, but we did.

There are only 16 games, and game 1 sets the tone for the entire year. Starting strong is as important as finishing strong because the games all count the same.

Rust is widely accepted, but if some are consistently slow starters yet his peers are not, there are some things in practice and prep that needs to be ironed out, and pronto. I sure hope our run blocking is attributed to rust.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 5

@RandyHolt, watching now & I hear ya.  Things on offense are same old, except that bad-ass pass that Kirk made over the receiver's shoulder that the defender couldn't have made a play on.

The only thing I can be positively positive about is that our defense looks a whole lot better.  Stay healthy, fellas...we gon' need ya.

• Like 4

When we got Jay and GMSM I figured we were in such disarray that I anticipated 3 to 5 years. In my eyes we are going into year 4 and still look like we are in year 2. Left Guard and Center is still a concern; I didn't see any nice running lanes last night "not crisp" @SWFLSkins Offense looks out of sync. Still have defensive worries.

I stopped seriously watching around the middle of the second quarter. Perine Allen and Anderson show alot of promise; that was the only real bright spots I got out of half-assed watching of the game last night. A little heart attack when Moses went down but he came back in so that was cool. Did Galette or Roullier even play? 

Edited by RedBeast
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RedBeast said:

When we got Jay and GMSM I figured we were in such disarray that I anticipated 3 to 5 years. In my eyes we are going into year 4 and still look like we are in year 2. Left Guard and Center is still a concern; I didn't see any nice running lanes last night "not crisp" @SWFLSkins Offense looks out of sync. Still have defensive worries.

I stopped seriously watching around the middle of the second quarter. Perine Allen and Anderson show alot of promise; that was the only real bright spots I got out of half-assed watching of the game last night. A little heart attack when Moses went down but he came back in so that was cool. Did Galette or Roullier even play? 

Replying to @_AyyMall

I am not a pan nicker, Concern is same as last year, Costly untimely mistakes, Energy plateaus, Running the ball, Crisp play.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RedBeast said:

@SWFLSkins Offense looks out of sync.

This is where I am on The Offense's struggles.  And it's fair to say that Jay Gruden's teams start slow (hell, he's never Won a Season Opener, right?)

I won't say I'm thrilled about it.  But it could be that these guys are working out the kinks here during the Preseason.  If nothing else, we know Gruden's Offense works.  As I see it, he's earned the benefit of the doubt.

Of course that's easier to say 2 days removed from the game. :)

-----------------------------------------------------

But truthfully, what I've learned is that we are an entirely separate class of team with Jordan Reed in the fold.  I'm not sure how 'dangerous' a Washington Redskins Team is without him in The Lineup.

That's truly troubling.:(

• Like 3