Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Feeling old!

Spaceman Spiff

I'm doing a photoshoot tonite and the model comes out wearing an old, pretty cool, vintage Guns n Roses tshirt. She's 17, I'm 31.

About an hour later, she's changed looks and I'm adjusting a light and Rocket Queen comes on my iPod, so I ask her,

"So you really like Guns n Roses, huh?"

"Yeah!!"

"What are your favorite songs?"

"Wait, what?"

"Favorite Guns n Roses songs?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know...the band. Guns n Roses?"

"It's a band?"

"Ahh..yeah, it's a band. You've never heard of them?"

"No! I thought it was just a tshirt?"

"Yeah...it's a band."

"When were they popular?"

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

I haven't felt old until...well, just then. I couldn't believe it.

Anyone else feel old lately?

Naw, you're not old. She's just absolutely clueless.

Same kind of thing happened to me, but with a Dark Side of the Moon shirt.

Me: Hey, I really like the shirt

Her ('twas pretty cute): Thanks!

Me: So, what was your favorite track from the album?

Her: *looks at me with a confused look on her face*

Me: Dark Side of the Moon...

Her: *same look*

Me: The album cover...that's on your t-shirt

Her: Oh? I just really liked the design

Me: Ah...

I've got you beat

A couple of years ago I was a regular at a local sports bar and often flirted with the cute waitresses. Nothing over the top and sure as hell not expecting it to lead to anything. But somewhere along the way, one sweet, cute young girl (I was 48 she was 21) started spending more and more time hanging out and talking to me and I started getting that vibe that says a girl likes you. My friend even started to notice. Until one day she tells me... (drum roll please)... She wants to hook me up with her mom. :ols:

I've got you beat

A couple of years ago I was a regular at a local sports bar and often flirted with the cute waitresses. Nothing over the top and sure as hell not expecting it to lead to anything. But somewhere along the way, one sweet, cute young girl (I was 48 she was 21) started spending more and more time hanging out and talking to me and I started getting that vibe that says a girl likes you. My friend even started to notice. Until one day she tells me... (drum roll please)... She wants to hook me up with her mom. :ols:

:ols:

Ohhhh mannnnn.

Yeah, more and more I am feeling like a female version of an old geezer. Some examples:

1. I work with a lot of high school students in relation to my job and whenever I'm driving with them, they have no clue about any 80's artist...and even many 90's artists. When they refer to my music as the "oldies,"...well, that's depressing.

2. My nephew who I still remember the day he was born as well as ditching highschool classes to go over to my brother's place to play with the little stinker...is now taller than me.

3. Worse yet, he just "friended" me on facebook recently. AHHHHHH!!!

I had an employee ask me what my favorite movies are. I told her Life is Beautiful, Unforgiven, The Usual Suspects, Star Wars...When I got to Star Wars, she said, "Finally there's one I know. The rest you picked are really old movies."

I cringed knowing she must not mean the original one that I meant as it was made in the late 70's, decades before the others which are movies of the 90's.

Archived