Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Feeling old!

Spaceman Spiff

Seeing that my 8 year old second cousins are more "tablet savvy" than I am. I am already in that "I don't need to learn this new crap" phase.

Pfft....I bet they can't even program a VCR to record or change the tape on a reel to reel projector :silly:

Does she have eyes of the bluest skies?

I was wondering if her haired reminds him of a warm safe place where as a child he'd hide and pray for the thunder and the rain to quietly pass him by.

---------- Post added December-14th-2012 at 11:15 AM ----------

Pfft....I bet they can't even program a VCR to record or change the tape on a reel to reel projector :silly:

Hell, I bet they couldn't program the blinking 12:00AM on it or unwound a cassette tape that got caught up in the player.

Ya know, I'm only 29, but I still say "we should tape that" vice "record" or "dvr" when watching TV with my wife. lol.

Hell, I bet they couldn't program the blinking 12:00AM on it or unwound a cassette tape that got caught up in the player.

A long time ago, my VCR almost destroyed Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. I had to take it out and cut out the mangled tape and replace it with scotch tape. Sigh. Granted it was an unimportant part of the movie.

I go to night school (I'm 32). During class the other day, the topic of 9/11 came up and I was describing what transpired in the 'field' at Ft. Lewis. Guys were crowded around the medic track watching it on a 6" tv. I walked up as the 2nd plane hit. My life was forever changed.

A girl in the corner asked, "Wait, you were in the Army?."

Me: "Yep, I was 21."

Girl: " I was 6."

.....I feel like Adam Sandler in Billy Madison when I'm in class. I can definitely relate to the OP.

I feel old when some classic rock stations are now dominantly playing music from the 80s and 90s. Who remembers oldies 100.3? I used to love that station. What was wrong with a station that played a lot of Sam Cook, Smokey Robinson, The Temptations, Otis Redding, etc.? There are no oldies stations now, rock from the early to mid 60s has disappeared on a lot of the rock stations near me, late 60s early 70s stuff is now the really really old selection or those horrible "get the Led out" things. I like Led Zeppelin but I'd like people on the radio to just shut up and play their music whenever. I don't want to tun on "Classic Rock" 99.9 up here in PA and hear ****ing Bruce Springsteen glory days. Even if you're a Bruce Springsteen fan, they're not classic rock, and if they are, then we need to develop a new term for what Jimi Hendrix, the Doors, Cream, Led Zeppelin, The Who, etc. count as.

Oh and I've had that college experience that others mentioned. I didn't go to college until I was a few years removed from high school. I had to take some health class and there was a discussion on relationship dynamics. Each person who was in a relationship was supposed to talk about something that pissed them off about the other person and how they handled their problems, and the teacher would relate it to some chart for handling issues in a relationship in a healthy manner. Every single one was "my boyfriend" or "my girlfriend". They come around to me and I say "my wife" and people's eyes lit up. The teacher said "wait, you're married??" and I was like "yeah, I'm 24..." then some other girl was like "oh my god i never even noticed you wear a wedding ring until now...hah!" some other guys were saying "geez dude I don't expect to be married until I'm way older!"

I feel old when some classic rock stations are now dominantly playing music from the 80s and 90s. Who remembers oldies 100.3? I used to love that station. What was wrong with a station that played a lot of Sam Cook, Smokey Robinson, The Temptations, Otis Redding, etc.? There are no oldies stations now, rock from the early to mid 60s has disappeared on a lot of the rock stations near me, late 60s early 70s stuff is now the really really old selection or those horrible "get the Led out" things. I like Led Zeppelin but I'd like people on the radio to just shut up and play their music whenever. I don't want to tun on "Classic Rock" 99.9 up here in PA and hear ****ing Bruce Springsteen glory days. Even if you're a Bruce Springsteen fan, they're not classic rock, and if they are, then we need to develop a new term for what Jimi Hendrix, the Doors, Cream, Led Zeppelin, The Who, etc. count as.

100.3 now plays what you would consider Classic Rock. It's still an oldies station, you're just old now. After all, classic rock songs from the '60s are half a century old now.

A long time ago, my VCR almost destroyed Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. I had to take it out and cut out the mangled tape and replace it with scotch tape. Sigh. Granted it was an unimportant part of the movie.

There's an important part of that movie?

Pulp fiction is almost 20 years old. 20 years ago, John Travolta was a washed up hack that was box office poison. Now... oh, nevermind.

Archived