Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What movie do you want to see made?

GSF

All this talk about new films gave me the idea to start a thread about that great movie idea you've always had. I've been thinking about mine a lot lately with the upcoming "Lincoln", which looks awesome.

I have always hoped for an epic film about the American Revolution and the stories of the Founding Fathers. A little nerdy I know, but I've always loved early American history, and I think the story could be an awesome film or series of films if done right. What's your idea for a great movie?

First, some sci-fi/fantasy stuff:

The Foundation Trilogy (the original three novels--Isaac Asimov)---a big time wish for me.

The Lensman saga (E.E. "Doc" Smith)--the great space opera epic before Star Wars and could have been the template for it in every way.

The Horeclans saga (Robert Adams)--a great post-Apocalypse story spanning centuries of a rebuilding national and global civilization with every stage of development along the way, including isolated pockets that aren't regressed but remain hidden, with immortals, warriors of all kinds, mutants (including intelligent telepathic Sabre tooth tigers) and one major figure of Conan-scale (Bili The Axe) and a semi-benign Machiavellian figure (Milo Morai)who lives forever and ties it all together.

The Dorsai saga--(Gordon Dickson) The ultimate strain of a warrior society with advanced intellect and vision who place honor and principle above all and spread throughout the galaxy.

Have some more non sci-fi later. :)

I've also thought about a movie on the life of Andrew Jackson. To be any good, however, it would probably have to be a big mini-series, or one long ass movie.

A movie on the Dyatlov Pass incident.

A big time CGI'd Metal Gear movie, featuring a non canon (but still badass) story, or loosely borrowing elements from the three canon game adaptations, but going with a different plot.

Either a Star Wars prequel (to Episode I), or a a trilogy set after Return Of The Jedi.

A movie on the Pompeii eruption, with the actual eruption itself being secondary to the story, kind of how Titanic was done.

I think I've seen a commercial for a video game out there which is almost an alternate reality if the Civil War is won by the South (I'm not a gamer so forgive me if I'm being an idiot). I think that would be a very interesting topic for a movie. Just drop you into a world (even current day) where either the South won the Civil War or the North let the South secede from the Union. I wonder how that would have impacted the World Wars, alliances, etc.

I think I've seen a commercial for a video game out there which is almost an alternate reality if the Civil War is won by the South (I'm not a gamer so forgive me if I'm being an idiot). I think that would be a very interesting topic for a movie. Just drop you into a world (even current day) where either the South won the Civil War or the North let the South secede from the Union. I wonder how that would have impacted the World Wars, alliances, etc.

It's the Revolutionary War (Assassin's Creed III), unless there's another game I'm missing.

Archived