Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What movie do you want to see made?

GSF

Forgot one. A movie on the life of Nikola Tesla. Not sure who would play him though.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 12:59 PM ----------

Yeah I saw that last night. Fingers are crossed.

Uncross your fingers. It's happening.

But my choice is a Godfather prequel.

I'd love to see some of Vince Flynn's novel in movies. He has a CIA agent, Mitch Rapp, that is a pretty good character and has great stories that could easily be adapted to the big screen. Also some of David Baldacci's novels, either the Camel Club series or the Sean King-Michelle Maxwell stuff would be cool.

Gears of War could be a pretty good movie. The guy who played Linc in Prison Break would make a great Marcus Fenix.

You would have to put a whole bunch of actors on roids to make this work. Also, I don't think that guy would be great in a lead role.

On second thought, just take the cast of Expendables, give them chainsaw rifles, and set it up for them to face off with creatures from the middle of the earth set to end mankind.

God of War

****. Yes. I've been wanting that movie made for half a decade now. Unfortunately, I think the Clash/Wrath of the Titans movies and Immortals pretty much stole all the thunder for that movie, even tho all 3 sucked pretty bad.

Aside from that one, I'd love to see World War Z made into a movie. Yes, I know, there's one scheduled to come out next year with Brad Pitt, but the plot summary is about him fighting the outbreak. If that's the case, it's essentially a prelude movie to the novel itself. No thanks. I'd love to see a faithful adaptation made, one told from 5 or 6 different point of views following the entire novel from outbreak to the beginnings of recovery. Have it be basically a mix of small interviews to introduce a character, then shifts to "flashbacks" of their experiences. "So, Mrs. X, how did you first react to the outbreak? Well...(flashback). So, General X, how did you finally contain the outbreak and begin to fight back? Well...(flashback)"

If done right, I think it could be amazing.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 05:50 PM ----------

God of War

****. Yes. I've been wanting that movie made for half a decade now. Unfortunately, I think the Clash/Wrath of the Titans movies and Immortals pretty much stole all the thunder for that movie, even tho all 3 sucked pretty bad.

Aside from that one, I'd love to see World War Z made into a movie. Yes, I know, there's one scheduled to come out next year with Brad Pitt, but the plot summary is about him fighting the outbreak. If that's the case, it's essentially a prelude movie to the novel itself. No thanks. I'd love to see a faithful adaptation made, one told from 5 or 6 different point of views following the entire novel from outbreak to the beginnings of recovery. Have it be basically a mix of small interviews to introduce a character, then shifts to "flashbacks" of their experiences. "So, Mrs. X, how did you first react to the outbreak? Well...(flashback). So, General X, how did you finally contain the outbreak and begin to fight back? Well...(flashback)"

If done right, I think it could be amazing.

The Guns of the South by Harry Turtledove should be made into a movie. It's about time travelers who supply Robert E Lee with AK-47's thus winning the war for the South.

It is January 1864, and the Confederacy is losing the war against the United States. Men with strange accents and oddly mottled clothing approach Robert E. Lee at the headquarters of the Army of Northern Virginia, demonstrating a rifle far superior to all other firearms of the time. The men call their organization "America Will Break" (or "AWB"), and offer to supply the Confederate army with these rifles, which they refer to as AK-47s. The weapons operate on chemical and engineering principles unknown to Confederate military engineers.

Very interesting story....a good read.

Guns_of_the_south.jpg

I think a Metal Gear Solid movie would be cool if done correctly. Maybe Hugh Jackman as Snake?

There's no way to do it correctly...

A live action MGS would be destined to fail. It would just be another well dressed videogame B movie, with B actors, who don't have the skill to capture the mannerisms of the characters. For starters, they'd already be cutting one arm off by having anyone other than David Hayter play the role of Snake. Solid Snake's voice and characer are too iconic to be passed off to someone else to play, even someone like Hugh Jackman, who I admire as an actor.

For it to be any good, it would have disassociae itself entirely from certain elements of the game in order to be put on the big screen, which won't go too well, since videogames aren't taken seriously enough to be allowed to get deep enough in the story without coming off unbelievably cartoonish. Not everything can be like the Dark Knight, though Batman was never based on a videogame anyway. The whole goal of videogame adaptations is to draw in more than just the fanboys, which, if not done properly, could create a mess. The 2 Silent Hill films are probably as close as you're going to get to a well done live action videogame adaptation at this point.

What should be done with Metal Gear, is either a Konami CGI movie (for the fans), bringing in the characters (along with their voice actors), and going non canon, bringing in a frsh plot, but still staying true to the overall theme of the game. They could also do what Konami did with Silent Hill, pairing the game developers with a big time production company like TriStar, bringing it to the big screen, and still going with CGI, and bringing in maybe just David Hayter to play the role of Snake, and surround him with characters created just for that movie. I'm pretty certain that Hideo Kojima has already turned down numerous companies for some of the exact reasons I mentioned. He's not going to let some money hungry movie company make his franchise look bad.

Stealth goverment agent type videogames that might do well on the big screen are probably games like Splinter Cell or Syphon Filter. Even a sort of slightly unbelieveable movie like Rainbow Six Vegas would be pretty cool. Metal Gear has way too much stuff going on in it to be live action worthy.

---------- Post added November-1st-2012 at 10:55 AM ----------

* Edit, I've always kind of thought what it would be like to have some sort of sci fi action flick where two rivals come across a time machine, and go back to an era like te Revolutionary War, and take opposite sides, one for world domination, and one to stop the other. I think there would have to be a limit on modern day weaponry though, as (maybe due to their intimate knowledge of weapon making) they find a way to make their own devastating weapons in that time period, using the knowledge that they have from the present day. Maybe they come in all futuristic, going at each other, but ultimately the battle gets bigger than just the two of them, and involves entire nations. That would make for a good trilogy.

Any Elmore Leonard book that hasn't already been done. Preferably directed by Tarantino.

It's a personal one, but I would love to see Spenser brought to life again. My favorite PI character of all time but the old tv show didn't do it justice IMO. I shared those books with my grandmother for 20+ years as they came out.

A story about the Vietnam War that delves into the politics more (of both sides) and the Platoon type stories less.

The Fifth Sense starring Dolph Lundgren.

And then he smells crime again, he's out busting heads. Then he's back to the lab for some more full penetration. Smells crime. Back to the lab, full penetration. Crime. Penetration. Crime. Full penetration. Crime. Penetration. And this goes on and on and back and forth for 90 or so minutes until the movie just sort of ends.

I'd still like to see a movie based in the Halo universe. I stumbled across a web series that was live action and it was pretty interesting. Would love to see that world come alive with a big budget behind it.

yes. I'd love to see Neill Blomkamp and Peter Jackson get behind this project again and actually bring it to life

Matrix - Resurrection

I'm with you here. My fingers would be crossed that it wouldn't be terrible but I'd love to see it made and made well.

I'd love to see Kraven's Last Hunt (AKA Fearful Symmetry) made into a movie. One of my favorite Spiderman storylines.

Archived