Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Advice on Dating a Muslim Girl

OK, never did I imagine this, and to be honest... Well, I picture Muslim as dark-skinned people. So sorry... I sound racist...

With that said, I met a girl who actually looks caucasian but on my second date I was shocked to learn she was Turkish and actually Muslim. However, I don't think she is orthodox or anything with veils and stuff... But she definitely believes in her faith. And I like her... A LOT.

But you know... What do Muslim girls like? Tips?

For example, she likes hookah... She does not eat pork meat.

Any other tips? Just trying to find every advantage to impress her...

Thanks...

Well, if she's not wearing the hijab she's probably not that conservative ... But I'm betting

1) you aren't getting any of that ... without marrying her

2) the only way you can marry her is to convert, or else she risks being disowned by her family/community

Might be better to find these things out (in a diplomatic way, of course) before trying to take things too far

Well, if she's not wearing the hijab she's probably not that conservative ... But I'm betting

2) the only way you can marry her is to convert, or else she risks being disowned by her family/community

Might be better to find these things out (in a diplomatic way, of course) before trying to take things too far

''

There are always exceptions, but This is most likely the scenario.

Dating a Muslim girl is no different than dating anyone of another religious or cultural background. If there is mutual respect, then there won't be problems.

Sadly, with my only experience with a Muslim girl, the topic of 'conversion' came up on like the third date and me being a godless liberal bothered the living crap out of her. :ols:

If she's reached adulthood without being traded for a nice rug or some goats, there's obviously something wrong with her.

:ols:

Seriously, why is your concern greater than if she was a Baptist or Mormon?

Can't speak for him, but I would guess it is probably just the unfamiliarity with it as opposed to the whole Christian thing which we get really used to as a society.

Never be afraid to say you're sari.

(Dang, wrong culture.)

Okay, uh, never ask her if she has any dirty habits.

(Dang, wrong culture again.)

How about: be yourself, be willing to learn, be respectful of your religious differences, be willing to learn a bunch, and just see how things go. It's possible that she and her family have some traditional Muslim views on which neither they nor you will be willing to compromise. But there are also a lot of religious folks in the world who are surprisingly progressive when it comes to the question of whether to let faith end a loving relationship. It's too early to know one way or the other, and of course there are no guarantees either way, so take it slow and let both the relationship and your knowledge grow naturally. Keep your eyes open for both the good and the bad.

I've found that inter-cultural relationships can get very difficult once they become serious, if ALL expectations aren't on the table -- but that's why you take your time and talk like crazy about everything long before it becomes an issue. :)

Hope it all goes well.

Both not true. I have personal experience with this.

Just be yourself. She is American and in America... most any culture that comes to America wants to hold on to their culture, but ultimately they come to America for a reason.... because they want to be American.

You have to ask yourself what you want out of this, number one. And you have to keep in mind that if it progresses (it being VERY early) that one day you both may have huge differences in how you want to raise your kids.

Just take it in stride and be yourself, but keep all that in mind. Same as with any other chick.

As a person of faith albeit not Islam, I'd strongly suggest you respect her faith as much as she does if you can't do that then get walking. Don't act like her faith is irrelevant in your relationship, because it isn't irrelevant if it is relevant to her.

As a father who wants the best spiritually for my daughter I'd wonder why you were considering a relationship with a woman that you didn't share faith with.

Archived