Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I dunno Des, I think its ok that 50+ yo metal gods (and let's face it - they still are despite Black and most of the albums since) get to be silly and have fun. From what I've heard of the new album (hardwired), I've got some hope they are returning to their roots (no pun intended) some more. 

They gave up the metal God title when they got pictures taken of themselves on rodeo drive in plaid shorts and stupid flip flops.

Black album fittingly was Metallica's funeral .

I do agree from what I have heard of the new music, the music is solid...the vocals? not so much. Hetfield just doesn't have the passion or anger in his voice anymore.

Edited by Xameil

22 hours ago, Xameil said:

Black album fittingly was Metallica's funeral .

OMG, someone who believes what I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I cried, like, I waited in line for this ****?  After 4 years since Justice?  AAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It was all about anger toward the system.  We went from "we have to fight for our rights" to "I'm free to speak my mind anywhere"...I completely lost it that day.  Couldn't even get to the second side of the cassette (yeah...) for a while, and it sucked too.

19 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

OMG, someone who believes what I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I cried, like, I waited in line for this ****?  After 4 years since Justice?  AAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It was all about anger toward the system.  We went from "we have to fight for our rights" to "I'm free to speak my mind anywhere"...I completely lost it that day.  Couldn't even get to the second side of the cassette (yeah...) for a while, and it sucked too.

Yup...that's about right. only difference was I didn't mind the black album too much. but after that....nope. At least Pantera kept releasing kick ass Metal.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Xameil said:

Yup...that's about right. only difference was I didn't mind the black album too much. but after that....nope. At least Pantera kept releasing kick ass Metal.

Ha, too funny

Pantera would kick their asses til they bled, as it ever was

Whatever... Metallica still kicks ass. Load and reload while not metal were still awesome, garage inc. great, no leaf clover was one of the best metal symphony songs of all time, and outside of some terrible drums on st. Anger, there are some great tunes. You can't say the same of any other metal bands after this many years. Pantera kicked ass, until they didn't and broke up and then tragedy. Now there is HELLYEAH. It's awful. Megadeth's last good album was The System Has Failed back in 2004, Opeth is now officially prog Rock. Most others are done. The only metal band I can think of that is still putting out heavy hits are Meshuggah, but their albums kind of all sound the same. 

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Whatever... Metallica still kicks ass. Load and reload while not metal were still awesome, garage inc. great, no leaf clover was one of the best metal symphony songs of all time, and outside of some terrible drums on st. Anger, there are some great tunes. You can't say the same of any other metal bands after this many years. Pantera kicked ass, until they didn't and broke up and then tragedy. Now there is HELLYEAH. It's awful. Megadeth's last good album was The System Has Failed back in 2004, Opeth is now officially prog Rock. Most others are done. The only metal band I can think of that is still putting out heavy hits are Meshuggah, but their albums kind of all sound the same. 

I didn't know Lars posted on here...

Sorry Metallica SUCKS now. But at least you're right with the rest of your post. The others aren't good either anymore.