Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

Man killed by lion after entering enclosure at zoo: 'The animal attacked'

A zoo guest who decided to climb a wall to enter a lion enclosure to apparently take a selfie was mauled to death by the animal Thursday, according to reports.

The man, identified as Prahalad Gurjar, 34, "climbed the wall and chain-link fencing" of the Sri Venkateswara zoological park in Tirupati, India, and jumped into the enclosure despite warnings from a zoo employee.

"After seeing the human being inside the enclosure, the animal attacked," the zoo said.

Click on the link for the further article 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

A woman lost her $823,000 injury claim after lawyers found a photo of her winning a Christmas-tree-throwing competition

A woman in Ireland who sued an insurance company for $823,000 had her injury claim tossed out after the court saw a photo of her taking part in a Christmas-tree-throwing competition.

Kamila Grabska, 36, sued RSA Insurance over what she said were back and neck pains from a car crash in 2017, the Irish Independent reported.

The accident rendered her unable to work for more than five years, she said.

65dc066e90413ab8e1d6b4bc.jpeg.1920a7620201134a24f73351be1f7de2.jpeg

https://www.businessinsider.com/woman-loses-823000-injury-claim-christmas-tree-throwing-photo-2024-2?amp

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That seems like an inappropriate use of a tazer.

"I'm too slow to catch some one foot away from me who ISN'T fighting back at all and I know he's fat as **** but he did a backflip that made me look bad."

It looks like the security guard shot the prongs into him right before the backflip. Literally ran up to him and shot him with it instead of just tackling him. Then let him have it when he started running away again.  Kinda wild. Security guy does not appear to be not in shape, just preferred the taser. Dangerous given their occasional lethality. Although if stadiums made it a habit of using the taser every time someone ran onto the field, I bet it would happen less. 

Edited by TheGoodBits

Option 1) Every position on the field gets the taser for 1 inning during regulation.  If the game goes into extra innings, then the rotation starts from the beginning (i.e.: the player with the taser in the first inning also has it in the 10th).  That forces you to strategically decide how to set your lineup.  Do you give your outfielders the taser early so that your infielders have it in the late innings, or do you give it to them late so you guarantee infielders with the taser if it goes to extras?  I'd probably opt for the OF having the taser in the middle innings.  Mostly likely going-- C, P, 1B, RF, CF, LF, 2B, SS, 3B

Option 2) Designated Taser becomes a new position.  He doesn't wear a glove and can't play the ball whatsoever, but he can chase down runners and taser them.  He has to start every pitch in the outfield grass to keep things fair.

Option 3) The DH also doubles as the Designated Taser, which makes it really interesting how teams fill that role-- instead of a veteran player with some power left in his swing, you're looking for a guy with speed who can still hit well but isn't a great fielder.

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bang said:

No problem with tasing him.
He is a potential hazard, and then he isn't.

And everyone walks away.

~Bang

I've always been pretty lenient in what I consider my 'appropriate use of force' by police. But I've also tried hard to take a different view of the world, especially considering actions by police over the last decade or so.

Let's take the video out for a second. Officer used a tazer on a suspect that was trespassing. The suspect was not threatening the officer in any way. Suspect was delaying a public event for less than 5 minutes for his protest. The subject's protest topic is one often seen at public events. The officer had spent less than 60 seconds attempting to capture the suspect using "gentler" means. The subject and officer were both of similar size, build, age, and gender. Both races unknown.

Does this go in the cops fired thread or the cops commended thread?

14 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I've always been pretty lenient in what I consider my 'appropriate use of force' by police. But I've also tried hard to take a different view of the world, especially considering actions by police over the last decade or so.

Let's take the video out for a second. Officer used a tazer on a suspect that was trespassing. The suspect was not threatening the officer in any way. Suspect was delaying a public event for less than 5 minutes for his protest. The subject's protest topic is one often seen at public events. The officer had spent less than 60 seconds attempting to capture the suspect using "gentler" means. The subject and officer were both of similar size, build, age, and gender. Both races unknown.

Does this go in the cops fired thread or the cops commended thread?

Cops thread.

And talking to cops, they have to make split second decisions.

Can either blast this guy for being too slow and using a non-lethal tool given to him to do his job in a non-lethal manner, or can blame the ballpark for putting someone on security detail too slow to catch and tackle anyone.

OK, some more options for taser baseball:

Option 4) All defenders get a taser, but there's a new rule that you can't throw the ball to any other player and you can't operate the taser unless you're holding the ball.  So basically whoever fields the ball has to run back towards the runner and tase him when he's not on base.  If the runner reaches a base and you tase him, that's a Taser Balk and the runners all advance one base.

Option 5) Drop the baseball part entirely and have 9 guys for each club running around the entire field trying to taser each other.  Last one to survive is the winner.

Edited by balki1867