Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

5 hours ago, China said:

Boat fire on official vessel in Newburyport leads to investigation

A boat fire on a town-owned vessel in Newburyport is still under investigation this morning after a pedestrian reported the blaze at around 4 a.m.

Chief Christopher J. LeClaire and City Marshal Mark Murray said that the Newburyport Fire Department's Marine Unit vessel sank while docked at Cashman Park sometime overnight on Thursday or early Friday morning.

A blaze was reported on Newburyport's fire boat, Marine one.

Click on the link for the full article

jason-mendoza-football.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ghana zoo: Lions maul man to death in Accra

The authorities in Ghana are investigating after a man was mauled to death by a lion after he climbed into a zoo enclosure in the capital, Accra.

The man, described as middle-aged, died from his injuries after Sunday's attack, officials say.

Wildlife authorities suspect he may have planned to steal two rare white lion cubs which have become a big draw since their birth last November.

_126492195_lion2.jpg

The victim's body was retrieved from the zoo and taken to a local morgue.

• Thumb up 1

Why wouldya?

Burning Man traffic jam results in eight-hour 'exodus'

Experiencing long wait times when leaving the Black Rock Desert after Burning Man is nothing new. Known to burners as "the exodus," traffic during this period is expected, but 2022's gridlock appeared to have been particularly brutal, exacerbated by the heat wave hitting the western United States and possible gas shortages. 

Shortly after 12:00 p.m. on Monday, Burning Man Traffic, a Twitter account regularly retweeted by Burning Man’s official handle, reported wait times of up to 5.5 hours to leave the grounds. By 1:30 p.m. the wait time had extended to eight hours. As of 5:00 p.m. the wait was reported at seven hours. 

With temperatures topping 100 degrees, those without air conditioning faced a daunting and potentially dangerous journey.

Running out of gas also became an issue that drivers needed to worry about. Burning Man Traffic reported at 3:50 p.m. that Empire Store, one of the closest gas stations to the playa, had run out of fuel. At 5:56 p.m. the account announced that Empire had started pumping fuel again, but supplies were not expected to last long.

On Reddit, reports of wait times were even worse, with one user writing, “I left my camp on Sunday after the Temple burn at 8:30pm and I’m still not on the main road 13 hours later. These wait times to exit are no joke.”

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bay Sheriff: ‘We are officially out of the bonfire business’

Sheriff Tommy Ford has responded after the agency accidentally caused an explosion at a bonfire during Mosley High School’s homecoming.

“Tonight, there was an incident at Mosley High School where the annual homecoming bonfire exploded. This has been a tradition at Mosley started by a previous school resource deputy and was without incident until tonight,” Ford said in a statement. “The deputy that set up the bonfire has done so at Mosley for the last 7 years. We are not sure yet what caused the explosion, but take responsibility for the incident.”

• 2 weeks later...

VIDEO: Texas woman films herself getting gored by bison at state park

A Texas woman captured her scary encounter with a bison at Caprock Canyons State Park, home of the Texas State Bison Herd. Rebecca Clark posted her video on TikTok, sharing how a bison gored her while she walking on a trail alone. 

"I was charged and gored by a bison because I was too CLOSE to being passing them on a railway," Clark wrote in her caption of the video which received more than 1.8 million views and over 280,000 likes. "I am posing to support safety while enjoying Texas State Parks."

In another video, Clark explained how the bison rammed her back, gored her and threw her into a mesquite bush. She said she was there for 50 minutes until help arrived. Clark had limited phone service and no access to 911. She said she got messages through family and friends who called officials for help. Clark was transported to the hospital via helicopter.

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2022 at 7:21 PM, China said:

VIDEO: Texas woman films herself getting gored by bison at state park

A Texas woman captured her scary encounter with a bison at Caprock Canyons State Park, home of the Texas State Bison Herd. Rebecca Clark posted her video on TikTok, sharing how a bison gored her while she walking on a trail alone. 

"I was charged and gored by a bison because I was too CLOSE to being passing them on a railway," Clark wrote in her caption of the video which received more than 1.8 million views and over 280,000 likes. "I am posing to support safety while enjoying Texas State Parks."

In another video, Clark explained how the bison rammed her back, gored her and threw her into a mesquite bush. She said she was there for 50 minutes until help arrived. Clark had limited phone service and no access to 911. She said she got messages through family and friends who called officials for help. Clark was transported to the hospital via helicopter.

always sunny GIF by hero0fwar

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I mean I recognize all of them, but I can only honestly say I've interacted with 23 or so of them. 

I currrently have #2 & 3 :ols:...reality hit hard early.  

I was disappointed they didn't show the turntable stereo inside the top of the TV, tho. 

• Like 2