Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Week 6 - The Commanders @ The Ravens ~ The Feathery Beast Shall Be Nevermore!

zCommander

gonna take the moral victory. ahead of schedule and did better than I thought we would after the first two weeks of the season. moral victory will be confirmed, for me, if the team comes out the next two weeks angry and dominate Carolina and Chicago.

• Like 11
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As a long term stock, of course I’m holding.  Ahead of schedule and we have the mos important piece.  

But that loss was sobering as hell as far this season being a whole lot of fun.  

Best loss I’ve experienced in a while. Jayden played well against a team prepped to face him. Not many teams have the experience of seeing a dual threat QB like Baltimore and us. Plus BRob, our bruiser, was out.  He’s the straw that stirs our offense…

And our secondary is nowhere near as talented as that Ravens secondary.  What’s not to like, we went toe to toe with them today, I’m excited… I want to see them again!  We’re for real boys…

• Like 7

Look we played OK , we are building something Great! The Ravens are considered a super bowl contending team. Don't hang your head down for this loss. We need secondary help desperately. That's our biggest hurdle to becoming a dominant team. I have trust in this front office and owner to make it happen we will be considered a super bowl contending team within 3 years I have no doubt about that. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I wasn’t fooled by the defense of the last two weeks.  I am aware of the challenge the Ravens O presents.

But I was at least hopeful the D was finding a way to at least be serviceable as opposed to a net negative.  It was abundantly clear today by the dozen+ wide open pass catchers a comfortable Lamar was able to find, that serviceable against any decent offense is not possible.

No knowledgeable football fan was fooled by our D.  

That said, the future is bright.

• Like 3

Ravens are a legit team.  You cannot feel too bad losing to them when we knew the defense had the problems it had.

I think, defensively we had one chance, and that was to stop Henry and still get pressure on Lamar and then HOPE he made bad throws.  Didn't work out.  Oh well.  They're great.

We're 4-2 through 6, and will still be first or tied for first in the East.  Panthers next week.

• Like 4

Just now, Redd said:

4-2 is respectable. Way better than I thought this team would be at this point.👍

With a very good opportunity to be 5-2 in a week.

Go home and feast on the Panthers.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The only upsetting thing is you never know what the future holds, you dont know how many opportunities you'll get in the playoffs but this lack of D talent did not sneak up on us. It's going to get more frustrating as the season goes on if we are competing for a playoff spot or the division.

We literally just rid ourselves of Snyder and Riverboat…patience is key.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Ravens are a legit team.  You cannot feel too bad losing to them when we knew the defense had the problems it had.

I think, defensively we had one chance, and that was to stop Henry and still get pressure on Lamar and then HOPE he made bad throws.  Didn't work out.  Oh well.  They're great.

We're 4-2 through 6, and will still be first or tied for first in the East.  Panthers next week.

We in first for now unless Dallas wins against Detroit 

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Here's a gif from the viewing party I hosted. There are no moral victories.

image.gif.93ccee6ae05c70f79345e24a469eca09.gif

Oh yeah, was that the scene after you suggested you’d like to see Forbes out there? 

• Haha 4

Hung in there

I'm not to upset w/ the game.

If u told me b4 the game that we would hold them to 30 I woulda took it.

O had some starts and stops but we were once again forced outta our comfort zone and had to air it out and we looked pretty good anyway.

I am a lilttle afraid about the injuries tho

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Best loss I’ve experienced in a while. Jayden played well against a team prepped to face him. Not many teams have the experience of seeing a dual threat QB like Baltimore and us. Plus BRob, our bruiser, was out.  He’s the straw that stirs our offense…

And our secondary is nowhere near as talented as that Ravens secondary.  What’s not to like, we went toe to toe with them today, I’m excited… I want to see them again!  We’re for real boys…

I’m clearly failing to make my point.  

I predicted us to lose, it was just a really tough watch for me.  To not be competitive at all defensively and just get skeeted on over and over via Lamar’s arm is an excruciating way to lose.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
Clarification
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, triggered said:

That’s why I wasn’t even upset. Maybe it’ll inspire Kliff to draw more complex plays, the future is bright people.

The offense is cooking. It’s building as well - I think Daniels can handle more too. 

I was not a fan of the Kliff hire and his offense, but he’s doing an outstanding job helped by having an outstanding rookie QB.

• Like 4

They have me watching a full game on a Sunday in mid-October for the 1st time in probably 10 years. I'm even thinking about going to the Bears game in 2 weeks. I haven't been to game since the RG3 vs DAL Sunday night game. 

• Like 6

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m clearly failing to make my point.  

I predicted us to lose, it was just a really tough watch for me.  To not be competitive at all and just get skeeted on over and over via Lamar’s arm is an excruciating way to lose.  

Not competitive? It was a one score game.

Now of course the Ravens were sitting on the ball that last drive, but we hung with them.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1