Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

Just now, Going Commando said:

We did have a need at IDL FWIW.  But Newton is a BPA pick.  I am always a fan of BPA picks.  There was a couple month run where Newton was IDL1 and mocked in the early first round.

nah. Mathis and ridgeway will be perennial all-pros and hall of famers if something happens to Allen or Payne. we were set. this forum knows.

Just now, Going Commando said:

I thought Kneeland's film was pretty unimpressive.  Just boring reps, few wins, very limited explosiveness.  His SB reps were better, but nothing dominant.  I don't see second round pick at all with him.

I don’t, either. But many others did. 

Wonder if Corum is in play for us. Or Benson. 

These were our "needs", 

Among the needs for the Commanders still to address are offensive tackle, defensive end, cornerback, linebacker, tight end, and even a receiver addition could be in the mix.2 hours ago

Are we saying that there wasn't a BPA at any of these positions at pick #36?

or did we just say **** he was ranked 20th in the first round and we grabbed him at #36. Is that how that works? Is that the defintion of BPA? If we dont trade Allen or Payne before this season starts that **** is stupid as **** IMHO. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

I thought Kneeland's film was pretty unimpressive.  Just boring reps, few wins, very limited explosiveness.  His SB reps were better, but nothing dominant.  I don't see second round pick at all with him.

GC what are your thoughts about Newton?

1 minute ago, dyst said:

I wish the NFL would get rid of these special pick announcers; I don’t need to hear welcome Detroit, or a history lesson each time. 

I totally agree!!! This whole thing has turned into a clown show.  Just announce the pick and let's move on 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, tmandoug1 said:

These were our "needs", 

Among the needs for the Commanders still to address are offensive tackle, defensive end, cornerback, linebacker, tight end, and even a receiver addition could be in the mix.2 hours ago

or did we just say **** he was ranked 20th in the first round and we grabbed him at #36. Is that how that works? Is that the defintion of BPA? If we dont trade Allen or Payne before this season starts that **** is stupid as **** IMHO. 

...that's not how BPA works.

jean-luc-facepalm-2xlbl97ma4uizawo.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

These were our "needs", 

I mean, reaching for need is stupid. The great news is we got an awesome player. The not so great news is that we have gaping holes. Which…

We weren’t going to fill anyways. 

• Like 3