Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

33 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

We've won the off season before, supposedly but what makes it different this time is we have the coaching staff to get the most out of the guys we picked up. DQ and Whitt will be able to get creative and keep offenses guessing.

I don’t think we’re winning the off seasons. None of the guys we signed are big name difference makers.  They fall into 2 camps:

1. Good, professional players who are in their mid 20’s and are starters but not stars on cheap, short deals

2. Older players on cheap, short deals.

They had to sign 10-15 players just because they had 25 openings.

Nothing they did was flashy.  

Winning the off-season implies signing a variety of high-impact players for high dollar amounts.  We didn’t do that.   

• Like 1

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

But he did. He played in 13 games last year and was all pro.

So in his best season in terms of games played for a while he still missed 4 games. 

The last time he managed 13 games in a season was 2019.

30 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This is the Cowboys beat writer for FOX sports. And everyone should take a trip over to their forum. They are scared of this defense after the Wagner signing. 

The funny thing is this isn’t even really a spending spree the way that people mean it (like what the Jaguars did a year or two ago). We have money we have to spend, and over half a roster’s worth of spots that have to be filled. We aren’t going crazy on guaranteed money, or years on these contracts, and our cap is still completely clean every year after this. Slight dent in next year. 

So it’s not even a “if they don’t do well it’s a cautionary tale” type situation. There are no consequences to the vast majority of signings we’ve made. They could almost all bust and we’d still be able to do the exact same thing next year, while younger and more talented via the upcoming draft. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thats a state tax signing right there. That is a 13.3% income increase. Would make anyone change their mind.  

Plus he won't have to play deep into the playoffs, like he would have if he had gone to the Niners.

;)

:229:The Rook

• Haha 8

I think I’m going to start adding random “s” to the end of people’s names like many here do in order to irk people as much as I get irked in seeing it so we can all share in my pain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t think we’re winning the off seasons. None of the guys we signed are big name difference makers.

Have you read any of the headlines? The media sure has us "winning the off season". Heck, even Skip Bayless is impressed.

Personally, winning the off season means nothing to me but it sure seems like the team is heading in the right direction.

Just now, KDawg said:

I think I’m going to start adding random “s” to the end of people’s names like many here do in order to irk people as much as I get irked in seeing it so we can all share in my pain.

Now why would you do that KDawgs

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, KDawg said:

Go for it KDawgs

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Winning the off-season implies signing a variety of high-impact players for high dollar amounts.  We didn’t do that.   

Fake winning the offseason does.

This is how you actually win the offseason. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

So in his best season in terms of games played for a while he still missed 4 games. 

You wouldn’t be happy if Tyron Smith only played 13 games at an all pro level? Trent Williams, misses multiple games every year. He hasn’t played a full season in over a decade.

One year deal. Low guaranteed money. If he gets hurt, cut him.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Is this about Bobby Wagners? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t think we’re winning the off seasons. None of the guys we signed are big name difference makers.  They fall into 2 camps:

1. Good, professional players who are in their mid 20’s and are starters but not stars on cheap, short deals

2. Older players on cheap, short deals.

They had to sign 10-15 players just because they had 25 openings.

Nothing they did was flashy.  

This has been an awesome week of NFL news....think about it, all of the big name RB's changing teams, Russell Wilson to the Steelers pretty much for free, Atlanta going all in on a 36 year old QB who's never won a damn thing and the Commando's signing players like they have unlimited cash to spend. Can't wait for this season. As for who the leaders are this off-season so far I'd say Baltimore, Jax, Wash, Pittsburgh, Philly, GB and NYG all are in position to win the coveted off-season title. 

• Like 1

Just now, RVAskins said:

Have you read any of the headlines? The media sure has us "winning the off season". Heck, even Skip Bayless is impressed.

Personally, winning the off season means nothing to me but it sure seems like the team is heading in the right direction.

They’re all idiots.  I’m totally out on 99% of the national media as attention getting idiotic uneducated uninformed moronic fools.  

We’re not winning the off season.  We just being a professional football team for the first time in 30 years.

Oh, and Charlie Casserly was part of the problem and he can also kiss my ass.  He road Bethard coat tails and roster to a 20 year career of suckitude as a GM and then another 20 year career as a talking head moron.  

• Like 1

Just now, RVAskins said:

plllllffffft....I'll get you at recess. 😁

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Is this about Bobby Wagners? 

1 minute ago, Xameil said:

Beat ya to it

Yes, Xameils, SkinsinParadises and… RVAskins…s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

🤣

I would be very surprised if Peters traded up.  I also don't see Chicago giving up the pick.  The cost of trading up for what Chicago would want is ridiculous.  Why would Chicago give up a franchise QB without plenty of picks.  There are also no Williams in the draft next year and Fields is not the answer.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You're gonna have a hell of a lisp.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I have. He's very knowledgeable about the game and the league, within the range of his life span. Plus he's a real good dude in most every way and never a dumbass fan type. It can be really annoying. 😆

I've heard of these situations... I have it on good authority that Jerry hires rational, intelligent, adults to act like real fans of the team in order to raise the public opinion of the team.

There is a very strict NDA required for payment.

Trust me, the rational, friendly, good-natured gentleman you speak of can't actually be a Cowboys fan!

• Haha 3