Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, VaK9Trainer said:

According to the Rumor Mill, they're going after Kirk Cousins. I don't know if thats the right move to make but talk of that is heating up. 

I'm hearing the same thing. 

KC would be landing in a spot where fans actually want him to play. Say what you will but the guy produced when he was here.

Granted he had very good WRs in that time period, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt if only for T-Mac.

2 hours ago, VaK9Trainer said:

According to the Rumor Mill, they're going after Kirk Cousins. I don't know if thats the right move to make but talk of that is heating up. 

I have some excellent ocean front property in Iowa for you.  Good price.  

21 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

I'm hearing the same thing. 

You can try to outbid @VaK9Trainer for my oceanfront property in Iowa.  

Still: good price.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I dont get the Kirk Cousins stuff.  Why would we want him? This team probably two year from being a contender .We should just draft a QB.

We wouldn't

But even when he's just paying the bills, anything Schefty floats gets automatic legitimacy... so yeah people are gonna talk about Cousins.

I have no problems getting KC.  I'd rather he play behind a makeshift o-line than a rookie QB or Howell.  KC knows how to make quick reads and nullify a pass rush. I don't want our shiny new rookie QB getting pummelled.  Quickest way to ruin a young QB is putting him behind a bad o-line (see Howell).

This won't happen, but WHAT IF:

Cousins signs a two-year, $40 million deal at an extreme discount, leaving cap space to help the team that drafted him.  

How would you feel about it?

Edited by Veretta83
  • Haha 1

Just now, Veretta83 said:

Cousins signs a two-year, $40 million deal at an extreme discount to come back and help the team that drafted him.  

Just seems pointless. Are you not drafting a QB then? Or are you still drafting him and then sitting him? Just seems like a lose-lose situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Just seems pointless. Are you not drafting a QB then? Or are you still drafting him and then sitting him? Just seems like a lose-lose situation.

It would probably be seen as a Manning/Broncos or Brady/Bucs situation. If somehow we got a Super Bowl out of it, it would become a win/win, but only if we got a chip within those years

4 minutes ago, Veretta83 said:

It would probably be seen as a Manning/Broncos or Brady/Bucs situation. If somehow we got a Super Bowl out of it, it would become a win/win, but only if we got a chip within those years

Those teams were stacked and ready to win. Were not.

3 minutes ago, Veretta83 said:

That would force Peters to go all in to try and win a SB in the next 2 years by free wheeling and spending like crazy and deferring a ton of money.  

Thats not going to happen. Literally everybody has said they want sustained success.  That would not be sustained success.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, alaroche04 said:

I have no problems getting KC.  I'd rather he play behind a makeshift o-line than a rookie QB or Howell.  KC knows how to make quick reads and nullify a pass rush. I don't want our shiny new rookie QB getting pummelled.  Quickest way to ruin a young QB is putting him behind a bad o-line (see Howell).

This rumor makes no sense, Kirk wants to win, and win now (also get paid)

What about our current situation says "win now"?  

This is CLEARLY a baseless, "we gotta find something to talk about this time of year" rumor.... Kirk is NOT coming back to DC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I do not think Zach Ertz was brought on to be a main contributor. He knows the offense really well. TE is a difficult position to learn. He'll help acclimate the others. On the off chance he does contribute, incentives come in. If he doesn't, this is the last stop before retirement and he thinks about going into coaching.

• Thumb up 1

Could this possibly happen? Could we actually get something going for Parsons? It sounded like an off handed, pipe dream comment (he said he'd love to follow Quinn to Washington) when he made it earlier but now this has happened with his contract. I can't imagine Dallas would ever let him out of there though, especially to here. They would probably franchise him before they let that happen.

It's a great testimonial on how Dan's players regard him if nothing else. What a difference a year and a new ownership makes for this team.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/cowboys-wont-make-a-position-designation-when-picking-up-the-micah-parsons-fifth-year-option

>>None of it matters if the Cowboys sign Parsons to a new deal before the deadline for exercising the fifth-year option. He has earned a second contract. Whether the Cowboys give it to him remains to be seen.<<

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/micah_parsons_reacts_to_dan_quinn_taking_head_coaching_job_with_washington/s1_17236_39907971

>>“Super happy for him, not because he went to a rival, but just because he was like a big uncle to me,” Parsons said, via Cameron Wolfe. “I know how much this means to him and I know it was a step he wanted to take [becoming a head coach again]. He stayed with me as long as he could, but I know any team out there is lucky to have him.”

On top of singing his praises, Parsons also begged the players in D.C. to cherish Quinn, telling them “no one” will love them like their new head coach.

“They’re getting a real upstanding, outstanding guy, man. I hope those players buy-in and play extremely hard for him, and understand that ain’t no one going to love them and care more about them than Dan Quinn. Man, please appreciate his presence, appreciate his greatness and take care of my guy.”<<

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2022/10/3/23384758/dallas-cowboys-micah-parsons-on-dan-quinn-ill-go-where-you-go-defensive-coordinator

>>Talking about both men yesterday, Eric Andrews shared this simple yet significant statement from Parsons about Quinn:

“I’ll go where you go.”<<

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Veretta83 said:

Other than the fact Washington isn't remotely close to the talent level of those Broncos/Bucs teams and Cousins isn't remotely near the level of Manning/Brady, I suppose it makes sense. I mean Cousins did win one game in the playoffs once to pull level with Tim Tebow.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have some excellent ocean front property in Iowa for you.  Good price.  

You can try to outbid @VaK9Trainer for my oceanfront property in Iowa.  

Still: good price.  

You know man, Totally uncalled for response. This is a message board. We discuss what we hear. I don't work for the organization any more than you do so neither of us knows what their plans are. If something is reported and I mention it here, I dont need some insulting response from you as if I'm some kind of an idiot. Take your attitude somewhere else!!!!

6 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

You know man, Totally uncalled for response. This is a message board. We discuss what we hear. I don't work for the organization any more than you do so neither of us knows what their plans are. If something is reported and I mention it here, I dont need some insulting response from you as if I'm some kind of an idiot. Take your attitude somewhere else!!!!

I think you need to lighten up a bit. Honestly, this topic has been covered over and over.  The reason for the reporting has been covered, and when you drop in and say “according to the rumor mill there going after Kirk Cousins” you’re opening yourself up for some gentle ribbing.  

But if a somewhat joke-ish response isn’t good enough, here’s the deal.  We’re not going after Cousins.  We have the most cap room in the league, and Cousins’ agent is smart and wants to drum up conversation.  There is no way these rumors are coming from us.  There coming from his agent.  

And sorry, if you’re going to get fooled by that, after it’s been discussed for pages, you might get a response in the form of a snide remark.  

It’s what makes this place special.  :) 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

If Ertz can give us 3-5 first downs a game, the money's worth it.

I don’t want to be a bearer of bad news, but that’s very (very) unlikely. That would come out to 51-85 first down receptions over the course of the season.

And a total of zero TEs had 51 first down receptions last year. Kelce led the way with exactly 50, and only 12 TEs even had more than 30 first down catches. 

He got 6+ targets per game last season in ARI (a very big number), but he still only had 8 first down catches in 7 games. Not trying to hate on the guy, but I think it’s probably important to keep expectations reasonable for a 34-year-old coming off a really inefficient season  (4.3 yards/target). The odds of him being a major cog in the offense — or even better than 2023 Logan Thomas — are pretty low.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Veretta83 said:

Cousins signs a two-year, $40 million deal at an extreme discount, leaving cap space to help the team that drafted him.  

A post written by someone who has definitely followed Kirk Cousins’ career and contract negotiations.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Kirk is an aging player, who done little in his career other than putting up stats. He’s won nothing and when you really need him to win, he lets you down. Also, he’s just came off a major injury. He’s going to want 45-50 million at minimum and most likely guaranteed.

Hard no.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2