Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The timeline probably doesn't sync with Barkley being a target for this regime, unless they aim to support Daniels or Maye by adding a premier backfield talent proficient in pass protection. It's plausible that the front office may see the value in acquiring a veteran center and a seasoned running back to assist a young QB on a play-by-play basis. 

I admit I am not a big Barkley guy from watching almost every one of his games.   He has two really good seasons.  But he wasnt hot last year.  He plays great against us for whatever reason. He might have another season or two left in him but he doesn't get me juices going.

There are a bunch of IMO decent RB prospects in that third-4th round range which could complement our RB room well.  I am very high on Robinson and Gonzalez.

• Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I admit I am not a big Barkley guy from watching almost every one of his games.   He has two really good seasons.  But he wasnt hot last year.  He plays great against us for whatever reason. He might have another season or two left in him but he doesn't get me juices going.

There are a bunch of IMO decent RB prospects in that third-4th round range which could complement our RB room well.  I am very high on Robinson and Gonzalez.

No doubt, there are always good RB prospects in the middle of the draft, and I’ve seen you identify plenty of them over the years. Pretty sure though that there are players you like at other positions that those picks could be used for as well, should we say sign a Barkley or something 😁. Anyway, glad to hear that you’re high on Gonzalez. I’ll definitely take your word for it because all I know is he’s considered somewhat one-dimensional, and was drafted by Ron Rivera. If you believe in Gonzalez, totally understand why a veteran running back would not be on your radar.

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've caught him in games against Washington and a few on national TV. He just moves differently. Not really pushing hard for the guy, and I doubt our front office leans that way in year 1 of building their team. Still, my expectations are to be in the wild card mix from the get-go. Barkley paired with Brob is intriguing, especially with a rookie QB expected to start day 1. 

But I hear you on the risks and if you feel he’s not looked special in recent seasons.  A lot of money will be spent, should be a fun free agent season. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

His twitter page is hilarious. At least he has a good sense of humor. Here is the original tweet. :)

Drafted by Newmark when he ran college scouting for the Lions

• Like 1

Latest PFF podcast:

They lead off the Free Agency episode talking about Kendall Fuller. They thought he was the number one free agent corner. They also wondered why Washington didn't try to sign and trade him. They thought he could have fetched a 2nd rounder instead of letting him walk for a 3rd round comp pick.

Edited by actorguy1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Latest PFF podcast:

They lead off the Free Agency episode talking about Kyle Fuller. They thought he was the number one free agent corner. They also wondered why Washington didn't try to sign and trade him. They thought he could have fetched a 2nd rounder instead of letting him walk for a 3rd round comp pick.

I think that says more about the FA market than anything else.

Ok I'm confused, are we talking about Kendall fuller or kyle fuller?

Because kyle fuller makes no sense and Kendall, I'm not sure could have gotten a second round pick but that at least makes sense but I doubt we get a comp pick because we're likely to be too active in free agency.

Edited by redskinss

The Saints have reached an agreement on a new contract with safety Tyrann Mathieu.  Nick Underhill of NewOrleans.football reports Mathieu has signed a new two-year deal with the franchise. Mathieu was previously under contract through the 2024 season. Per Josina Anderson of CBS Sports, Mathieu’s new contract is worth $13 million.

That’s the kind of max PY range we should be shopping in at that position.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

If you draft Daniels, Michale Thomas with be a good fit, if the price was right.

He barely plays and has a penchant for negativity. And hasn’t been good in years. Pass.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

36 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Ok I'm confused, are we talking about Kendall fuller or kyle fuller?

Because kyle fuller makes no sense and Kendall, I'm not sure could have gotten a second round pick but that at least makes sense but I doubt we get a comp pick because we're likely to be too active in free agency.

Sorry, Kendall Fuller.

59 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Michael Thomas is bigmad.

What he's saying is not inaccurate. MT has been outspoken for a few years and he's Keyshawn's nephew. The injuries have possibly shortened his career 

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There are definitely Denver connections as Peters was a part and probably a big part of why Simmons was drafted a Bronco.  Peters left for the Denver Broncos upon Patriots assistant Josh McDaniels being named Broncos head coach in 2009, working as a regional and national scout prior to being promoted to assistant director of college scouting in July 2014. He was further promoted to director of college scouting in 2016, with Denver appearing in Super Bowl XLVIII and winning Super Bowl 50 during his tenure with the team

Only thing is Simmons play is still superb and he may want more than we are willing to pay.  We shall see. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

If you draft Daniels, Michale Thomas with be a good fit, if the price was right.

Ignoring the fact that Thomas is washed I gotta ask, why would this be a good fit but only if we draft daniels?

I've seen some pretty long reaches this draft season when it comes to making arguments for or against certain prospects but this one is a little more perplexing than most of the others.

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

Barkley will be a nice add for someone who already has a good O'line. He can be very productive and is a factor in the passing game as well.

For us we have one starter on the O'line inked in right now. Zero point us signing a back to a big deal until we have a line to block for that back. Backs are so dependent on their blocking - the very best create explosive plays after contact and yards beyond expected but no back is going to productive if first contact is 3 yards in the backfield.

I would far rather spend those cap dollars on Onwenu and Hunt than Barkley.

It is amazing how in the world of supply and demand guys like Onwenu and Hunt who is okay, are going to draw way more interest and in turn larger deals than guys like Barkley. And the Safety market is loaded. If one of those gets a decent offer early, they may best take it and not get greedy. Teams could pull their offers and move on to the next guy.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Michael Thomas the infamous slant merchant is a good fit with the QB who famously isn’t comfortable throwing into tight spaces over the middle? 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1