Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

10 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I considered him as someone Peters brought in. Wasn’t sure whether he basically got stuck down the pecking order due to the quality of SF’s other TE, or if he just hadn’t really performed that well. I read mixed reports on his performances. That said, he does look like a low cost option who Peter’s might see something in.

They've used him mainly as a blocking TE. he hasn't done a lot in terms of receptions, but when I watch him it seems like the potential is there for a lot more. 

Would be very low cost, as a replacement for Bates mainly with the hope of tapping something more. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

They've used him mainly as a blocking TE. he hasn't done a lot in terms of receptions, but when I watch him it seems like the potential is there for a lot more. 

Would be very low cost, as a replacement for Bates mainly with the hope of tapping something more. 

Sounds good to me. I’m not interested in the vast majority of the TE market. A low cost move like this paired with a rookie feels like a good option.

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Sounds good to me. I’m not interested in the vast majority of the TE market. A low cost move like this paired with a rookie feels like a good option.

Not sure I'd be pending the table for it, and I don't know what the prices will be. But I would be intrigued but the idea of adding Woerner and Colby Parkinson. Parkinson is huge and has some quickness, is a solid blocker. 

Then draft Johnny Wilson in the 3rd and convert him to TE. Even if he just becomes a part-time pass catcher to rotate in with the others, he could be a real weapon. 

That could be an interesting TE room. Could get by with Bates instead of Woerner. 

9 hours ago, woodpecker said:

Is he not that quality of player? I feel like he is. The player we thought we were getting when we drafted Chase. It’s expensive, but blue chip players do not come cheap. And we are seriously lacking in blue chip players right now. Plus, the guy is only 25 years old. If we are going to splurge on a stud player, this is the kind of guy we should target imo.

I mean he is worth the money, just want to see how this new staff is going to approach things.

To me Burns is the type of player you pay when everything else is firing on all cylinders, you have a decent roster, and you need that extra piece to make a run.

Commanders are not that.

I kinda think Peters and Co are going to look at Allen, Payne, and Terry as the guys you build around with draft picks and some middle tier free agents who have stuff to prove. Not guys that want to set market breaker deals.

JMHO

On 3/3/2024 at 6:18 PM, mhd24 said:

Could Beckton be a sneaky FA target to play LG?  Don’t know if he wants to do that, but he could be Flowers 2.0 in that regard

I would bring in Becton to be our starting RT.  Here's my top 5 free agents for offense and defense.

Offense:

#1:  OT  Trent Brown  Pats    7M     Brown one of the best tackles in the league.  Dominant pass blocker and run blocker.

#2:  OT  Mekhi Becton  Jets    9M     Gets to come back home and work alongside Sam.  He still has a ton of upside

#3:  RB  Tony Pollard    Dallas    5M    Luxury pick...but he's electric and gives us juice in the backfield.

#4:  WR  Jamison Crowder   WAS    1M    re-signed him and we get a savvy slot WR and a returner.

#5:  OG  David Edwards  Bills    2M     I liked him a lot out of college as a tackle.  Versatile backup at OG.

Defense:

#1:  DE  AJ Epenesa   Bills    6M    The kid can play and he's only getting better.  

#2:  CB  Kendall Fuller  WAS   10M    Hometown kid with ball skills needs to stay home.

#3:  LB  Blake Cashman   Texans    3M    Explosive athlete who is getting better each year.

#4:  LB  Willie Gay  Chiefs   6M   He's got a few red flags but he's dynamic.

#5:  S  Darnell Savage   Packers   Misses tackles but has tremendous ball skills.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I would bring in Becton to be our starting RT.  Here's my top 5 free agents for offense and defense.

Offense:

#1:  OT  Trent Brown  Pats    7M     Brown one of the best tackles in the league.  Dominant pass blocker and run blocker.

#2:  OT  Mekhi Becton  Jets    9M     Gets to come back home and work alongside Sam.  He still has a ton of upside

#3:  RB  Tony Pollard    Dallas    5M    Luxury pick...but he's electric and gives us juice in the backfield.

#4:  WR  Jamison Crowder   WAS    1M    re-signed him and we get a savvy slot WR and a returner.

#5:  OG  David Edwards  Bills    2M     I liked him a lot out of college as a tackle.  Versatile backup at OG.

Defense:

#1:  DE  AJ Epenesa   Bills    6M    The kid can play and he's only getting better.  

#2:  CB  Kendall Fuller  WAS   10M    Hometown kid with ball skills needs to stay home.

#3:  LB  Blake Cashman   Texans    3M    Explosive athlete who is getting better each year.

#5:  S  Darnell Savage   Packers   Misses tackles but has tremendous ball skills.  

Pollard did nothing for me in FFL and also squat being the head guy with Zeke gone.  No way I pay him more than a 3rd down speedster back we can fin in the draft at a cheap contract.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Dexter said:

Offense:

Defense:

Brown is a team cancer (read about him quitting on the Patriots last year...not a culture fit in the least despite how solid a player he is), Becton is not worth $9M given the season he is coming off of and the inability to stay healthy

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I did not realize that Glasgow once started a whole season at center. That is a gamechanger and gets me very interested in him. As others pointed out, he had a stronger season than Jonah Jackson last year at the guard position for Detroit. I love a big center in the middle and Glasgow could be that guy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Out of curiosity, when has anybody ever had a non-honest opinion?

Just My Lying Opinion? Is that a thing?

:P

Always thought the H stands for "Humble".

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Always thought the H stands for "Humble".

It does.  To be fair, you wouldn’t expect someone with a screen name of Voice of Reason to know much about that 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, method man said:

Brown is a team cancer (read about him quitting on the Patriots last year...not a culture fit in the least despite how solid a player he is),

Brown's relation with NE was very odd. It definitely raises red flags. I didn't realize until I googled it after reading your post

Trent Brown: Patriots coaches came up with ways to ‘f–k with me’ during nightmare season

New England Patriots veteran tackle Trent Brown accused some of his coaches of “f–king with me” during a “tough” season, which ended in a two-year playoff drought.

In an interview with NESN.com that was published Tuesday, the 30-year-old Brown addressed leaked reports containing “lies about my character,” claimed Patriots coaches would plot how to mess with him — and accused someone in Patriots’ building of “running a smear campaign” against him.

“Because I’ve even heard from coaches how they’ll sit in staff meetings and they’ll be talking about how they can f–k with me,” Brown said. “Like, I guess trying to get me out of character or whatever.

“It’s really crazy to think that we’re spending time talking about that instead of getting better.”

For rest of article - https://nypost.com/2024/01/09/sports/trent-brown-patriots-coaches-came-up-with-ways-to-f-k-with-me-during-nightmare-season/

Edited by DWinzit
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Lovi said:

According to Sheffter it’s the non-exclusive variety

I think other than QB's it almost always the non-exclusive.  You get to pay marginally less by using the non-exclusive and if another team signs the player they have to give you two first rounders.  Now for a franchise QB, I think a team would absolutely give up two first rounders, but for any other position, unless its like the best player in the league at that position (Myles Garrett or Justin Jefferson), you probably don't have to worry about other signing the player because the two first rounders is just too expensive.   Brian Burns is very good, but he is not Myles Garrett and its unlikely a team would be willing to give up to first rounder's to sign him (though you never know, supposedly the Rams offered two first rounders for him at one point but that was when he still had a couple years on his rookie deal).

• Like 1

So with Leno gone we have literally nothing at LT.

That changes the discussion going into FA. I don't think a Garrett Boles (if cut) would be out of the equation. It might be the priority. Could get him in for a 2-3 year deal and still draft an OT. Get a veteran in there at LT to protect the rookie, draft an OT early to play RT. It's no longer about finding a stud franchise LT, at some point we just need a solid body (i.e. a younger, slightly better, less injured Leno) while restocking via the draft too.