Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Do away with the cap space NFL or go bankrupt.  Salaries of ALL players will not be able to keep up with endorsements and whatever the NFL can make to pay their salaries.  Give up the salary cap.  

Sure it will. The league makes billions and its only getting higher with legalized gambling.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Sure it will. The league makes billions and its only getting higher with legalized gambling.

There are going to have to make billions and billions more because the price of players is going WOWZA.  LOL.  Truly is.  

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

Do away with the cap space NFL or go bankrupt.  Salaries of ALL players will not be able to keep up with endorsements and whatever the NFL can make to pay their salaries.  Give up the salary cap.  

What? The salary cap is derived from the players’ part of league revenues, it’s literally built into the budget of the league. The league is more profitable than ever, the NFL is more than fine and can support all these contracts easily. Most of this is couch cushion money for owners. No salary cap would balloon costs way more by creating an actual attempt at a free market for player services, it would be ridiculous and ruin the league as not all owners have the same liquid wealth. The hard salary cap is an ideal system and the main source of the league’s parity and success. 

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

There are going to have to make billions and billions more because the price of players is going WOWZA.  LOL.  Truly is.  

Again, the salary cap number is literally calculated based on overall league income, it’s a percentage of revenue that is allocated to players. It is a perfectly sustainable system. That’s why the salary cap keeps increasing—because the league is making more money. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Conn said:

What? The salary cap is derived from the players’ part of league revenues, it’s literally built into the budget of the league. The league is more profitable than ever, the NFL is more than fine and can support all these contracts easily. Most of this is couch cushion money for owners. No salary cap would balloon costs way more by creating an actual attempt at a free market for player services, it would be ridiculous and ruin the league as not all owners have the same liquid wealth. The hard salary cap is an ideal system and the main source of the league’s parity and success. 

Again, the salary cap number is literally agreed upon based on overall league income, it’s a percentage of revenue that is allocated to players. It is a perfectly sustainable system. That’s why the salary cap keeps increasing—because the league is making more money. 

You have 5 players on your team due a pay raise.  Not enough money via salary cap to pay them all.  You have to trade or let them go.  This is my point.  I'd personally like to see the salary cap go.  That's just me, Conn!  :)  Be Blessed. 

30 minutes ago, RWJ said:

You have 5 players on your team due a pay raise.  Not enough money via salary cap to pay them all.  You have to trade or let them go.  This is my point.  I'd personally like to see the salary cap go.  That's just me, Conn!  :)  Be Blessed. 

And your point is incorrect because the downstream effect of no salary cap would not be that every team can now keep all their best players, as in your example—it would be more like baseball where the players can just cluster on the teams willing to pay them the most, much more so than now because there would be no artificial ceiling on their contracts. It would ruin parity and the product would be much worse off. It wouldn’t lead to the outcome you’re envisioning. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Reports coming out that Dallas is fed up with Micah Parsons and his family’s antics and they may want to make an example out of him so that all the other inmates teammates will get back in line, stop their back sassing, and start behaving with complete obedience to whatever Mr. Jerry Jones dictates.

Which begs the question:

Given DQs relationship with Parsons, would you be in favor of trying to trade for him and if so what would you give up to get him?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Reports coming out that Dallas is fed up with Micah Parsons and his family’s antics and they may want to make an example out of him so that all the other inmates teammates will get back in line, stop their back sassing, and start behaving with complete obedience to whatever Mr. Jerry Jones dictates.

Which begs the question:

Given DQs relationship with Parsons, would you be in favor of trying to trade for him and if so what would you give up to get him?

I can tell you with absolute certainty that this is a fact. The Cowboys brass can’t stand all the drama he brings, and would love to get rid of him except it is too damn good at football. Not a rumor or me just saying stuff. This is first hand information from a top person in the organization.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

That's like arguing you bought a bunch of carp and now have no money to buy the things really you wants. In general, NFL teams aren't operating in a whimsical manner. They budget and plan so they have money for the people that they really want to keep. And sure, if you're really good, you might have to make some tough decisions from time to time. But the equal system is probably one of the biggest drivers of the league's success.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Jericho said:

That's like arguing you bought a bunch of carp and now have no money to buy the things really you wants. In general, NFL teams aren't operating in a whimsical manner. They budget and plan so they have money for the people that they really want to keep. And sure, if you're really good, you might have to make some tough decisions from time to time. But the equal system is probably one of the biggest drivers of the league's success.

I understand what you are saying.  They made the salary cap for teams like Buffalo, Cincy, etc.. teams that didn't have revenue like Dallas, Washington, LA teams etc.  I just miss the ole days where you could keep your teams/players together.  It ends up handcuffing every team.  I don't like it.  That's my opinion.  It would be a boring world if we all thought alike. Do you agree?  :)  

42 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I understand what you are saying.  They made the salary cap for teams like Buffalo, Cincy, etc.. teams that didn't have revenue like Dallas, Washington, LA teams etc.  I just miss the ole days where you could keep your teams/players together.  It ends up handcuffing every team.  I don't like it.  That's my opinion.  It would be a boring world if we all thought alike. Do you agree?  :)  

That's why the draft is so important. You need to get really good players on rookie contracts. One of the best things the NFL did was impose rookie salary restrictions. That did away with most holdouts and allows teams to reload if they do it right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Conn said:

Again, the salary cap number is literally calculated based on overall league income, it’s a percentage of revenue that is allocated to players. It is a perfectly sustainable system. That’s why the salary cap keeps increasing—because the league is making more money. 

Add in the rookie wage scale and most players drafted don’t make a second contract when they can be replaced by another younger player on a rookie contract.

I know contracts are insane compared to just ten years ago but the only thing that really matters is percentage of the cap they take and I’m not sure how much that has really changed. As the cap explodes so will players’ salaries (as they already have) but if the percentage of cap allotted to certain positions doesn’t change too drastically everything stays about the same. Really, the only thing that changes for us is ticket prices and gear lol

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Like stated Parsons won’t get traded in division if he gets moved …..he’ll get a one year deal somewhere else then end up in Philly because why not lol 

I think Parsons wants to play in Philly....if your Philly would you trade Jalen Carter, the stud DT from Georgia and a 1st for Parsons? Would Dallas do that? 

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I think Parsons wants to play in Philly....if your Philly would you trade Jalen Carter, the stud DT from Georgia and a 1st for Parsons? Would Dallas do that? 

Dallas need to save cap space. All depends what Dak ends up doing.

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Dallas would laugh at that offer.

On 4/10/2024 at 1:50 PM, CommanderInTheRye said:

Which begs the question:

It's going to be fun watching the Cowboys implode this season. 🙂

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Jericho said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/10/2024 at 3:25 PM, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

100% you trade for micah Parsons or try to. He's an absolute game wrecker. And next to our dts he would be a menace. He is what we wished young was gonna be and then some.

I don't know about that.

Parsons is a very good player, but if all the stories about him being a head case and a diva and a real problem are true, then we would be transferring Dallas' issues to us.

I mean, Parsons must be a real flake if he is as good as he is and Jones still wants to get rid of him. If these reports are accurate. 

With the new owner and new GM we have trying to rebuild this franchise back to greatness after the black hole of the Snyder years, I don't think they need the headache of Micah Parsons. 

Edited by SkinsGuy

10 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Doubt it, he’s the face of the franchise and their  most popular player. Jerry will put up with a whole lot of crazy if the jerseys are selling. 

Parsons is a better version of LaVar.  Him flaming out in Dallas after a short, brilliant career was so predictable that it almost feels like a scriptwriting mistake to actually have it happen.

Here is how the next part of the story goes: he lost his mentor, who was willing to design his entire defense around getting him favorable match ups and playmaking looks, and he takes a big step back with Mike Zimmer, who tries to make him play in a structured OLB role.  He hates it, becomes a malcontent, falls afoul of Jerry, then walks in free agency.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2