Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Thats better than I thought... .thanks this actually makes me feel better and like the trade.

Many were saying a 4th but I actually thought early 3rd but what we got back when tabulated is a late 3rd which is fair.  :) He was a 5th round draft pick so that's pretty good.  

• Like 1

Dammit. I’ve somehow managed to be super productive this week being on spring break and just sitting there working on my computer with NFL network on in the background. Now I have to spend a couple hours playing with the mock draft simulators again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I don't really understand the narrative that because Howell and Maye are friends and went to unc together, that means they couldn't be in the same QB room.  They are grown men.  They make millions in the NFL.  If I was going to lose my job like Howell was, I'd rather lose it to a friend than a stranger.   I think Howell would've had his back and they would've had a positive working relationship bc of the prior friendship.  

I think they made this trade bc they liked the return for a QB they didn't think made sense for them moving forward.  I doubt the friendship with maye had anything to do with it.

And now Howell and Maye can't have sleepovers on Friday nights 😫

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

It’s the best for Sam to move on.  He’s in a great spot to compete with Gino and show them something.  We can get a contributor with the move up from the early fourth to the mid 3rd.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Redd said:

I hope 2 of those picks in the top 100 are offensive linemen. We need a OT and at least one interior lineman bad.

Love us to draft Sam Hartman in the 6th or 7th.  :)  I look for another QB to be drafted even though we signed MM.  

Just now, Idaho fan said:

I was effing expecting a mid to late 3rd.. wtf were you expecting?

Mac Jones went for a 6th and you think Howell would fetch a mid 3rd? Howell had flashes but nothing to suggest he's a full time. starter yet. 

Just now, lavar1156 said:

Mac Jones went for a 6th and you think Howell would fetch a mid 3rd? Howell had flashes but nothing to suggest he's a full time. starter yet. 

As you pointed out he DID "fetch" a late 3rd equivalent.  So I was pretty close.  thanks.

• Thumb up 3

Just now, KillBill26 said:

I don't really understand the narrative that because Howell and Maye are friends and went to unc together, that means they couldn't be in the same QB room.  They are grown men.  They make millions in the NFL.  If I was going to lose my job like Howell was, I'd rather lose it to a friend than a stranger.   I think Howell would've had his back and they would've had a positive working relationship bc of the prior friendship.  

I think they made this trade bc they liked the return for a QB they didn't think made sense for them moving forward.  I doubt the friendship with maye had anything to do with it.

Maye said "it wouldn't be ideal but they would make it work."

I'd argue, neither of them are grown men.  They're both VERY young adults.  Growing and in their early 20's. Howell was the starter and mentor to Maye when they were at UNC.  Here, that dynamic would be essentially reversed. 

Either which way things fell, it wasn't going to be ideal.  You don't want 2 really good friends competing for the same job.  It's just not good juju.

Would they have made it work?  Yes, because I think both of them are professionals.

Could it have ended their friendship?  Very possibly.

Could it have caused tension and some jealousy in the QB room?  Very possibly.

I think Peters/Quinn are being smart about it.  Don't put the team in that position.  

Also, I've been on record for weeks I think they're taking Maye.  I DO NOT, however, thing this move makes that more or less likely.  I think they got their backup and they could get value for Howell, and that's it and that's all.  I think whether they draft Daniels or Maye, this move was going to happen regardless.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

Exactly. We got max value. The complete opposite of what we have done with other players like Kirk, Trent and Chase. This is a big win. I hope it means we move back up into the 1st to get a LT. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Fuller to Miami...

I'm staying patient on what we do, but not feeling corner situation right now.

We may have to blitz to make them look good and can see CB in 1st round in 2025.

Is Gilmore still a respectable veteran?  Dallas not resigning doesn't answer that, they broke, hands are tied.

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Fuller to Miami...

We may have to blitz to make them look good and can see CB in 1st round in 2025.

Is Gilmore still a respectable veteran?  Dallas not resigning doesn't answer that, they broke, hands are tied.

Gilmore would be a perfect 1 year contract to go sign. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, “Misdirection” said:

The next 15 @JamesMadisonSkins mock draft simulator posts with all these extra picks are gonna hit like crack 

I am pretty sure he's mocking trading out of the 2024 AND 2025 drafts entirely so he can end up with the entire 2026 draft.  Like, every pick.

And we'll use the first overall pick on a punter. (Because, if you have every pick, why not?)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

My Seahawk friends are texting me... they hate it lol.  

From their Board :)

"Uhhh...why????????????????"

".. I think I still have to bite my tongue
Ah, the hell with it.
Why the hell didn't we just take him to begin with? Had to wait for him to self-destruct and then give up assets for him?"

"I thought Pete Carol wasn’t the coach anymore?"

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Fuller to Miami...

Ron left the cupboard so bare.  They can't fix everything all at once.  They have done a great job.  

2 big outstanding needs: LT and CB.  They will be addressed somehow.  But there weren't pieces to do everything in FA.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I am pretty sure he's mocking trading out of the 2024 AND 2025 drafts entirely so he can end up with the entire 2026 draft.  Like, every pick.

And we'll use the first overall pick on a punter. (Because, if you have every pick, why not?)

2026 roster cuts gonna be something every team will be watching closely.

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Many were saying a 4th but I actually thought early 3rd but what we got back when tabulated is a late 3rd which is fair.  :) He was a 5th round draft pick so that's pretty good.  

Especially when you consider that Chicago didn't get offered a second for Fields.

Although, having to make a decision on his 5th year option by May certainly had something to do with that.