Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 minute ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

My dream day:

Armstead and Simmons sign

Trade JA for mid second round pick.

Sign and trade Sneed giving up pick 67.

I still hope we are considering a trade for Aiyuk with the 49ers. 

2 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

If we were to give him a long term deal that paid him very little year 1 and increased every year to get back to starting LT money, with the last couple years being voidable, I would be ok with it. But he is essentially not available this seaaon and I would rather have a younger stud we drafted in there anyways

I wouldn’t do that with DJ. He is a shorter armed LT whose game is driven by his athleticism. Had a down year this past year. He is going to be signing a prove it deal when he is ready to play. I also think he is a guy who signs somewhere midseason when he is healthy

9 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

With what playing time leftover? Davis, Luvu, Chinn, Wagner. That's 4 guys getting snaps as either starters or in various sub packages when the standard number of LB's on the field is 2. (I know I'm counting Chinn, who will also get some time at SS, but still)

Rivera often used only two LBs and it failed miserably.  I don't think that's going to be the plan going forward.  

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Just been reading an article on NFL.com

All of these signings and the guaranteed money on the deals, combined, is still well under 100mil. 

Impressive work.

According to spotrac they have us this morning at 69,477,964 and overthecap has us at 67,959,137.

Tyron Smith

Justin Simmons

Xavior Howard

Kendall Fuller

Mike Williams

and then go into the draft with zero needs, be able to trade back and totally back load the roster with hand picked youth that can step in next year when the 1 year deals are done and still be a playoff contender. Maye takes the record from Ben Rothlesburger in 2026.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm hesitant to trade Allen unless he wants out.  If he's happy with the FO now, probably want to keep him.  Culturally, we want certain things, and building through the draft is one of them, and I think it sends the right message that you are willing to keep your homegrown guys versus just trying to wheel and deal to squeeze out the last drops of utility.

Also Keim and a few others have mentioned that they've got a lot of draft capital this year already.  They may not want to add too much right this year, as that can inflate your costs a few years down the road when all these dudes need contracts.  They might prefer getting picks for 2025, and there's no rush to move people if you want that.  Keim mentioned that one of the options with Howell, is to hold him until pre-season and then if, say, someone gets injured somewhere in the league, or a team sees their QBs are crap, maybe we deal Howell for a nice 2025 3rd or something.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I still hope we are considering a trade for Aiyuk with the 49ers. 

Hoping for two or three more deals. Tyron 2 years and Simmons 3 years and a corner. Keep the picks. Try to acquire Caleb. Draft multiple OL, big-bodied WR, multiple CB, DT and an Edge.

And call it the most iconic overhaul offseason of all time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Were not trading Allen. Hes gonna ball out under Quinn

That too.  Allen SHOULD be happy with us now, since he's got so many new weapons and has huge opportunities to just go crazy this year.  He's got a fat contract that we appear happy to stick to and with the talent now around him he's got the chance to really boost his numbers going into his 30th birthday.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Looking for his 4rth team in a short career. That sounds odd.

Well he got traded around a bunch, and definitely had JAG/backup numbers before 2023.  He suddenly defended 10 more passes than in any season before this past year, so could be a fluke but could also be he put all the pieces together after a few years bouncing around the league.

• Like 1

My dream:

Sign Xavien Howard

Sign Tyron Smith

Sign Jordan Lewis

Draft a potential Tyron replacement in the second round and play him at RT this year (assuming he beats out Wylie)

Sign Oren Burks

Continue to sign remaining depth pieces in FA because the list above fills all the key spots for starters and significant snap guys. 

I LOVE the idea of Allen, Payne, Armstrong and Ferrell (with Fowler taking pass rush downs) with Wagner, Luvu and Davis/Chinn playing behind them and attacking. However, the thought of signing Armstead for cheaper than Allen and getting a 2nd rounder for him does intrigue me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What do you think we could get for Forbes in a trade?

Two popsicles and an old bird cage.

Actually, I want to see Forbes under Whitt and Donatell. Coaches were SO bad, especially on the defensive side.

• Haha 1