Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

The best thing about all of these moves is they are short and cost effective and provide incredible flexibility for years to come.  

They can piece together a roster with good guys on short deals while we draft folks and they get incorporated over time.

Building through the draft is great.  But you can only draft 7-10 guys a year.  When you need to fill out 25+ players, you have to be smart in FA.

I do want to know what the plan for LT is though.  That’s a little scary.  

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Conn said:

That’s important until you get your QB. Every single second after you get that QB, their rookie contract is on a ticking clock and you’re trying to build upwards. If you get QB right, any year can be the year you make a playoff run. There’s no point in bottoming out once you’ve got the QB, unless you’re in really bad shape cap/draft capital-wise. We’re in great shape immediately in those regards so you start trying to build something imo. Guys gotta learn how to win to build a winning culture—otherwise all the “culture building” in the world starts to ring hollow.

Every single game, every play, is a development opportunity for your franchise QB (if you’ve got the right guy). The math on whether it’s “better” for a middle of the road team to win or lose for higher draft position, when you aren’t realistically a SB team, completely changes when you’re developing a young franchise QB imo. 

Yep.  It's reason 1000 why you don't punt on QB in this draft.  Cheap QB contact allows you flexibility to add players like this.  the window starts the instant the QB is drafted.

Clearly they need to get QB right.  But if they do, everything changes.  Texans went bad to good within one year. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, The Rook said:

With the LB room they have assembled, I guess I can give up on my hoping to get Payton Wilson. The kid is special.

:229:The Rook

I wouldn't say that at all.

Wagner is a free agent next year and there's a high probability davis is too.

We have more of a need to draft linebacker than a need not to.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

We pretty much have to sign Tyron Smith now.  Otherwise, we have nothing at LT

Smith is HOF great, but that injury history with his age scares the crap out of me. I hope they're giving Josh Jones a long hard look.

Smith has played the equivalent of less than 2 seasons over the last 4 years combined, and he's missed at least a quarter (approx.) of each season for the last 8 years.

Edited by Dah-Dee

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The best thing about all of these moves is they are short and cost effective and provide incredible flexibility for years to come.  

They can piece together a roster with good guys on short deals while we draft folks and they get incorporated over time.

Building through the draft is great.  But you can only draft 7-10 guys a year.  When you need to fill out 25+ players, you have to be smart in FA.

I do want to know what the plan for LT is though.  That’s a little scary.  

Not much as to options for LT.  I wasn't a Jonah Williams guy so am actually glad he's gone.  To me its T. Smith on a short term contract and draft developmental LT like Patrick Paul or package picks to trade back into the first and take a LT.  It's a good draft for LT. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not much as to options for LT.  I wasn't a Jonah Williams guy so am actually glad he's gone.  To me its T. Smith on a short term contract and draft developmental LT like Patrick Paul or package picks to trade back into the first and take a LT.  It's a good draft for LT. 

That's where i am as well. But Tyron smith easily would be best lt we had in last 15 years outside of trent. Definitely a top 3 tackle healthy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Rook said:

With the LB room they have assembled, I guess I can give up on my hoping to get Payton Wilson. The kid is special.

:229:The Rook

No way bruv!  IMO these signings signal that we can draft BPA. 

Wilson fully in play unless someone else takes him before our 2nd round pick(s)😔

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Minny would never make that trade. But IF we were actually contemplating going WR I would much prefer to trade back a spot with NE and pick Marvin Harrison at 3 after adding some more draft capital. Then trade back up for McCarthy if thats the way they want to go. 

Idk, they just lost cousins and are starting sam darnold as of this point. They need a big upgrade at QB. Moving up from #11 to #2 is huge, they get to keep their firsts and dont have to pay jefferson in the offseason who’s probably pissed now and could demand a trade at any moment. They also already have a young promising WR in addison as well as hockenson to pair with maye/daniels

It all depends on how both teams feel about mccarthy vs the top guys

• Like 1

We've won the off season before, supposedly but what makes it different this time is we have the coaching staff to get the most out of the guys we picked up. DQ and Whitt will be able to get creative and keep offenses guessing.

• Thumb up 3

The acquisition of Bobby Wagner has sent the CowboysZone forum completely over the edge and into a state of chaos.

Apparently they wanted to get him last year but Jerruh declined because he doesn't believe in spending on linebackers.

Here's a taste of their despair...

Dan Quinn is killing it

we all know it was Jerry calling the shots about not having a true linebacker

I got Dallas a solid 3rd place finish in the East if Washington can get a q.b.

I'll go with 4th place!

Nobody in their right mind should want to come to this circus...

What did they expect Quinn to do ? Pull a linebacker from his azzzz??? He coached with what Jerry gave him. Watch what Quinn does in Washington with a real GM!!!!

Washington might have the best defense in the East. They are building around those big defensive tackles. Smart…..

Quinn’s new GM has went out and got more help in 3 days than Quinn’s old GM did in 3 years.

Washington gonna beat us at least once. Probably both times.

Get the feeling Quinn got screwed over here with the LB options. He clearly wanted Wagner and this Front office gave him marquise bell

Wagner n Luvu make for the best LB group in the NFCE, and it ain't even close right now. Plus, if Chinn has anything left as a better Keasre it could get interesting.

Once again, the Jones boys asleep at the wheel

Ekler, Luvu, Wagner. They have knocked free agency out of the park with impact players and culture shifters.

You could bet Quinn is happy to be far away from Jerry.

all Washington needs is to swap with the Bears and get Caleb Williams and they might own this division for awhile

We really could've used Wagner last season, and had the assets to make it happen. Its infuriating that his former DC, OUR former DC has him on board already.

It's obvious that they've passed us.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 9

Just now, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Idk, they just lost cousins and are starting sam darnold as of this point. They need a big upgrade at QB. Moving up from #11 to #2 is huge, they get to keep their firsts and dont have to pay jefferson in the offseason who’s probably pissed now and could demand a trade at any moment. They also already have a young promising WR in addison as well as hockenson to pair with maye/daniels

It all depends on how both teams feel about mccarthy vs the top guys

And they just paid Hockenson big bucks with an extension...studs all around, no QB.

I agree....anything is possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

We've won the off season before, supposedly but what makes it different this time is we have the coaching staff to get the most out of the guys we picked up. DQ and Whitt will be able to get creative and keep offenses guessing.

Now they just need to put together a great Harvest Festival, and we'll really be sitting pretty this offseason. :815:

Edited by SkinsGuy

DQ has faced curl plenty, I’m sure he has seen enough tape to feel strongly one way or another. Idk who blew what coverage (probably Forbes) in those cowboys tailkickings, but it probably doesn’t help DQ’s perception of him…

that said, I’d like to see him back in B&G if he realizes he doesn’t deserve anywhere near top dollar.

45 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I want HBO hard knocks : )

I wish but we’ll probably have to wait at least a year since we’re exempt from being forced, with a new coach. 

I doubt our FO will volunteer to show off our league worst facilities even if they think they’re building something special and want to appeal to fans. I could see it once we have a new training facility in 2-ish years. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Been jealous forever about Howie Roseman and how aggressive he was.   Some here have equated aggressiveness as being a bad thing because of Vinny-Dan.  But IMO their problem wasn't that they were aggressive.  It was that they were stupid. 

Aggressiveness doesn't guarantee success.  But it increases the odds.  As Randy Mueller, ex-GM said recently good GMs in today's NFL can make a contender in a season or 2 as long as they have a QB -- its not the old school 5 years drill.  Cap has increased so much more over the years.  More trades happen.  College players adjust quicker to the NFL because the schemes are more similar, etc.

Bruce Allen would drive the car 35 miles an hour in a 65 mile hour zone and crow that he wasn't Cerrato style reckless.  And his peak was medicority.

Ron Rivera would also drive the car 35 miles an hour and would crow about all the boy scouts on the team -- and his peak was mediocrity.

Peters is driving 80 miles an hour in that 65 mile an hour and this is the most fun I've had in an off season in forever.  It's not that I know for sure of course that its all going to work out but i love the mindset of all of this.  its been what I've craved for years among others here. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I said it yesterday but what the **** is wrong with cowboys fans. There’s a salary cap and they were up against it going into FA… pretty simple math.

Have you ever met an intelligent Cowboys fan?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952yqfcfx0lch2sorird4

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1