Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

4 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I thought Wagner was a step slow especially towards the end of the season. Not opposed to it at 6 million.

A slower Wagner is still a significant upgrade - which I'm sure you know and agree. Not piling on just opining. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I’m excited for Jamin Davis to be able to learn from a future HOF linebacker. 

Congrats to Quinn/Peters for a great FA. 

We still need a DB and a FS/center fielder, so we’ll see if another depth signing is in the cards. Let’s go ahead and sign Justin Simmons while we’re at it. 

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Because we have the money to spend and a plethora of roster spaces that need to be filled. 

Why not bring in guys that can make us competitive in the short term while we build for the future through the draft and not hurting our cap down the road?

One would argue if you want to build for the future you don’t want to be competitive and take higher draft picks. But I prefer this method lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Concerned about the ideal fit, I feel like Wagner and Luvu overlap... but having too much talent is a good problem to have.

Seriously upgraded the LB corps.

Luvu is more versatile.  They will often be on the field at the same time.

• Like 1

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

A slower Wagner is still a significant upgrade - which I'm sure you know and agree. Not piling on just opining. 

Sure and he is literally a coach on the field. I do not dislike the signing. Hell Ray Lewis was a step slow in Ravens 2012 Super Bowl season. I watched a few Seahawks games last year and noticed he was not Bobby Wagner 2015-not many are.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, sinews said:

Doesn’t the GM usually hold a post-FA press conference or something? Gonna be a two hour marathon, can't wait. 

It could be a mini-series at this rate. The 1st team meeting will be a meet-n-greet.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

I think it's basically to give Howell on offense, and the defense in general, the spackle necessary to be competent, while they try to rebuild most of it through the draft and trades. That's, I imagine, in part, why so many of the deals are short. They hope to have the team fixed in 2-3 seasons max, so the contracts are shorter, win-win for us and the player. 

You mean Drake or Jayden. 

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Concerned about the ideal fit, I feel like Wagner and Luvu overlap... but having too much talent is a good problem to have.

Seriously upgraded the LB corps.

most teams play with more than 2 linebackers on the field... 😂. Only Rivera does that ****. 

Luvu + Wags will most likely be on the field at the same time in most packages. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

It could be a mini-series at this rate. The 1st team meeting will be a meet-n-greet.

Peters must have met his wife speed dating as he is working at warp speed.

I do think its been more than obvious that hiring Quinn and the staff he assembled has proven more valuable than any other hire we could have made.

obvi of course with new ownership but I can't imagine all the people coming here (incl Ertz before FA) if there weren't ties to the staff.  

As JKC said after a SB win, this is a "feeling of pure euphoria"

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

This is great and all, but wasn't he kind of doodoo in pass coverage? Still like the signing for a year.

60 is a decent coverage score.  But yeah he majors in stopping the run but more on point he's a smart player who can call a defense -- we've not had that since London.

He's the type of player that makes other players better.

Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 6.13.52 PM.png

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

13 new guys (so far) and one of our own back.

Peters and Quinn have been busy guys. They have to be hoarse  after saying Welcome to DC that many times. 😄

Ron calls the players to welcome them..."how you doing?"

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

• CapsSkins changed the title to Official 2024 FA & Trades Thread - OUT: L. Thomas, Leno, Gibson, Brissett, S. Charles IN: TE Ertz, DE Armstrong, C Biadasz, LB Luvu, RB Ekeler, K McManus, LG Allegretti, DE Ferrell, QB Mariota, DE Fowler Jr., LS Ott, S Chinn, LB Wagner BACK: S Reaves