Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It’s funny when people get all emotional because professionals who know a lot more than they do have a different opinion.

This fanbase is extremely entitled in it's sense that like, 2nd tier conventional wisdom is beyond the folks who run this team, in part because in recent times it's been validated.  It's going to go on for a while longer, well past the point that it's actually still correct...

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Really interesting that the Guard and Center market just exploded, and the Tackle market is non-existant. Outside of the Raiders RT that signed with the Giants, there's been nothing (Dion Dawkins extension not counting).

Not like there aren't quality options out there. I assume there will be some dominoes falling soon.

• Sad 1

I dont believe Eckler just fell off a cliff all of a sudden. he was still electric when on the field and healthy... thats the big question mark.. can he stay healthy in a limited role as a 2nd RB.. we will see, but the risk is worth it IMO. At worst its a one year 5mil deal for RB that doesnt work out. Draft is weak this year for RBs but i am sure we will still pick one up late. Brob can carry the full load if needed and is an underrated pass catcher/ 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get the whole anayltics argument in theory against Ekeler. i am generally sour on veteran RB signings.

But the irony here are the analytics folks mostly LOVE this signing.  Monson from PFF.  Sharp, etc.

Part of the idea with anayltics is value.  And getting a RB who has a great career, coming off an outlier bad season, on the cheap is a win,

I'd get the criticism if they paid big money and or there was no context to Ekeler's slide.  But they didn't pay big money and there is context to his slide.

Great season the season before.  Great first game last season.  then high ankle sprain and he wasn't the same.  A Chargers reporter who covered Ekeler's career was on Standig and told him he thought Ekeler had plenty left.  Will see. 

He is also not, in my opinion, being signed on to be an every down back which are the kind that face this steep fall-off around this age that everyone is talking about. Like what happened to zeke, dalvin cook, etc. He can still be a dynamic playmaker that primarily catches dump offs and screens while BRob takes most of the punishment between the tackles. It’s how he should have been used last year. The rookie qb, whoever it is, will love him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I think it's pretty telling a team like San Francisco is willing to let him walk.

CY is fools gold at this point. But some team will give him a 1yr $5M prove it deal.

Edited by Kalu44
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It’s funny when people get all emotional because professionals who know a lot more than they do have a different opinion.

to be honest .. the previous Wash regimes over the last 20+ years have proven that these so called "professionals" are no better talent evaluators than an average fan and so fans have the right to question and debate every decision until proven otherwise... lets hope the current FO group is different.

• Thumb up 2

22 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Henry to Baltimore

and the cowboys continue to do nothing, I love it

They literally can't.  They're eating the last year of Dak's contract so they can get out of it at the end of this season if they want to without pushing the problem down the road.  He's like $60m against the cap.  They can do nothing except sit there and watch.  

They might be the team that regresses the most over the next 2-3 years, because they might be in for an entire re-set.  If they don't fully perform this year, it's possible McCarthy and Dak are gone.  And they start all over with a new coach/QB.  

Also, they have dinosaur Zimmer as DC.  Who was a great DC back with the Bengals in 2013.  That was a LONG time ago now.

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But the irony here are the analytics folks mostly LOVE this signing.  Monson from PFF.  Sharp, etc.

So I should hate it.  

And I don't.

Strange things in the universe today.  Strange things.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Really interesting that the Guard and Center market just exploded, and the Tackle market is non-existant. Outside of the Raiders RT that signed with the Giants, there's been nothing (Dion Dawkins extension not counting).

Not like there aren't quality options out there. I assume there will be some dominoes falling soon.

Same reason you're not seeing a lot of WRs or CBs being signed. The draft is loaded at those positions. Teams would rather go younger and cheaper.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So I should hate it.  

And I don't.

Strange things in the universe today.  Strange things.  

I believe Chris Russell is going to have Thor and then Jay talk about this signing shortly on air.

The jersey will sell like hotcakes

• Like 3