Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

3 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

....He was a huge safety valve for Herbert last year. ....

Herbert...herbert is a comp for Maye.

May is a month.  May...may...May the Force be with you.  Force...Force from Star Wars...Star Wars...the first movie was A New Hope...Hope...Hope is a dangerous thing...Danger...Danger...Dangerzone.  Dangerzone was the theme song of Top Gun...Top Gun...was about the F-14 Tomcat...Tomcat...Tomcat is a cat like a Tiger.  Tigers are LSU's mascot!

Us signing Ekeler means we're drafting LSU QB Jayden Daniels!  I cracked the code!

• Haha 9
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I don’t think signing Mariota is an indicator of what QB they are interested in this draft. If I was going to guess, I would think they aren’t even sure whom they are leaning towards. 

Also seems almost all QBs in the post Manning/Brady era can run or scramble at least adequately. Putting in a statuesque QB mid game when the D can just pin their ears back and get after him, isn’t a popular philosophy at this time 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Disagree. Mariota rushed for 700+ yards all three years in college, with 15 rushing td's his final year at oregon. Compare that to maye's one season of 698 rushing. It was a big part of mariota's scouting profile

You don't use a guys college statistics to make a comparison when he's been in the league for ten years.

Mariota is not even close to the runner that daniels projects to be.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

They waiting until nobody needs a quarterback anymore?

I guess they are keeping him. And drafting Marvin Harrison Jr with the #1 and Brock Bowers with the #9 pick so Justin Fields has no excuses. So we can get our pick of the quarterback we want 👍 ha 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, FlyBigBeard said:

I guess they are keeping him. And drafting Marvin Harrison Jr with the #1 and Brock Bowers with the #9 pick so Justin Fields has no excuses. So we can get our pick of the quarterback we want 👍 ha 

This is my theory that they never intended to trade Fields. All smoke.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

He’s really, really not. His athleticism is closer to Maye than Daniels, he isn’t a run first guy, and he prefers throwing over the middle than on the edges or downfield. He’s pretty far from Daniels, actually, in terms of skillset and play style. 

Agree.

Mariota 6 '4, 222.   Maye 6 '4 223.   Sam Darnold, gasp, who they supposedly considered as backup too, 6 '3, 225.  Darnold in particular physically reminds me of Maye -- rolls in the pocket, off schedule type, similar style to Maye.

Having said that, I suspect its not a tell one way or another.  But even Sheehan who is totally in the tank for Daniels said a few minutes ago he doesn't see a tell with that move.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

You don't use a guys college statistics to make a comparison when he's been in the league for ten years.

Mariota is not even close to the runner that daniels projects to be.

Like you said, "projects to be". Neither daniels nor maye are in the league yet so there's nothing else to make a comparison to except the college stats

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Herbert...herbert is a comp for Maye.

May is a month.  May...may...May the Force be with you.  Force...Force from Star Wars...Star Wars...the first movie was A New Hope...Hope...Hope is a dangerous thing...Danger...Danger...Dangerzone.  Dangerzone was the theme song of Top Gun...Top Gun...was about the F-14 Tomcat...Tomcat...Tomcat is a cat like a Tiger.  Tigers are LSU's mascot!

Us signing Ekeler means we're drafting LSU QB Jayden Daniels!  I cracked the code!

5d5k9s.jpg   LOL

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, illone said:

Mariota doesnt seem like the type of player this staff would target. 

He flat out quit and disappeared on his team because he was angry about playing time. 

Weird signing…

Sounds bad...source?

Garafolo just on NFL Network

A.  Thinks they likely stay at #2 and take a QB

B.  Think there is a decent shot Sam Howell is traded before the draft

C.  There would be interest around the league in Howell as to a trade

for all those here saying Howell will yield nothing.  Standig-Keim seem to think 4th -- maybe 3rd a week or so ago when they addressed ot. I think if I recall it was Standig who was told a third is possible unless a confusing him for a different reporter

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Bears would be crazy to pass on Caleb for another year of fields

I agree. I also do believe Caleb is far and away the QB1 this class. But, I am a bit perplexed about the lack of interest surrounding Fields. I know he has flaws - some would probably categorize them as significant. I was aware of them when looking at Wilson and the other QB's that class, but there is apparently no market and that is a bit surprising to me.  

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

Kind of feel bad for Fields right now....getting hammered publicly is devastating. Last kid getting picked at dodgeball devastated. 

Don't feel bad for that guy.

They're gonna trade Howell and it's gonna be Maye and Mariota and some other scrub.

19 hours ago, Conn said:

This is where we could be, people. Be grateful that Rivera crashed and burned so badly, at such a perfect time. 

Oh yeah, believe me, 1000%. I started eyeing the tank in November w/that difficult schedule, and prayed we'd get a full scale quit, and we did. It was awesome. Silly Giants fans, celebrating pointless wins, I will say I think NE and Arizona fans understood, generally, the negatives of the late season wins. 

• Like 3