Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you Mr. Rivera

2 minutes ago, oraphus said:

...possibly working at McDonalds as it wont be anywhere close to professional football. .. and keep your hands off my fries Ron!! 

Yeah I think Ron Rivera has made a little money so he doesn’t have to work another day in his life 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Yeah I think Ron Rivera has made a little money so he doesn’t have to work another day in his life 

I actually think his contract stipulates that he has to give back 1mil for every loss.... pretty sure he is broke🥲

51 minutes ago, Redd said:

Well he got us the high pick this year. Good job Ron.

At what cost?

The team he inherited could beat the team he sent out there today.

I thank him for getting us through COVID and the name change while battling cancer, that 2020 season was right on time...

Been grasping at straws anything to thank him for after that.

Jus go, please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

At what cost?

The team he inherited could beat the team he sent out there today.

I thank him for getting us through COVID and the name change while battling cancer, that 2020 season was right on time...

Been grasping at straws anything to thank him for after that.

Jus go, please.

Obviously Prime Cam Newton carried him. Once Cam went on the decline Ron couldn’t do much with the Panthers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Coach Rivera, You are a good man. You are an inspiration to people fighting cancer, You have done a big part in turning young men into good men.

Unfortunately, none of it reflected in the win column the past few seasons so a change has to be made. I bear you no ill will, and truly hope you log in some serious family time.

You beat back an ugly disease, so please please devote this extra time to something bigger than the NFL. Best Wishes.

• Like 7

Thank you, Ron, for leaving a worse roster than the one you took over, constantly throwing players under the bus, for your lousy FA and draft picks... and especially for the second overall pick in the 2024 draft so the new FO and Coaching Staff can rebuild after your tragic clown show.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Enjoy Retirement along with the payday that comes with getting fired.  Seemed like (and by all accounts was) a good man - just not a good coach.  While a lot of the lack of success of the past 4 years rests solely on Dan it was time for Ron to do something else somewhere else.

Rons is a good dude so while he may not have been a good coach I do think we needed him in 2020, I'm not sure who else takes this job knowing Dan would be their boss.

His downfall was not going QB and letting his defensive brain pick Chase.

His first year was nuts with the cancer, scandal, 2nd pick in the draft, new name, it was a lot to deal with and he deserves some credit for hanging in there but I wonder how it would have worked out if he had taken Herbert or Tua, might have been a completely different outcome.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2024 at 8:07 PM, Redd said:

Obviously Prime Cam Newton carried him. Once Cam went on the decline Ron couldn’t do much with the Panthers.

Gettleman actually put a good roster together for him, and Norvo was a much better game planner than his son. Besides Cam, he started off with Steve Smith and later Christian McCaffrey. It's like Fisher who managed to reach one SB because the GM landed McNair and Eddie George - as soon as he started handling personnel duties, he couldn't do anything with the average players he handpicked.

Snyder gave full personnel control to a coach who hadn't won a playoff game in over a decade; then the beloved one who had once traded 2 firsts for Desmond Howard, a 1and 3 for a washed up Gerald Riggs, and a future SB QB for a punter who got cut in camp; then it was to a coach who had won 1 playoff game in the last ten years, and finally Ron, who never had back to back winning seasons and only 3 winning seasons in 10 years.

• Like 1

In spite of how things turned out, I'd hope we could at least acknowledge the good qualities of Ron Rivera's 40 years of involvement with the NFL.  While I'm sure Ron and all Washington fans had hoped for greater success during Rivera's tenure with Washington, I think he can justifiably look back with pride on his accomplishments in the NFL and the acknowledgements he received. 

As a player, Ron won a Superbowl XX champion ring and for his off-the-field efforts, he was acknowledged with his team's Ed Block Courage Award. As a coach, he has two AP Coach of the Year awards, and while in Washington, he received the George Halas award for successfully battling cancer, while taking on very demanding roles with the Washington franchise.  It seems there are many in the NFL who will good things about his character and how he always tried to handle things with professionalism and class.  Ron is likely been viewed as a setting a good example of the few Hispanic head-coaches in the NFL, and showing that those heights can be reached.  Lastly, Rivera did help to lift up the reputation of the Washington front office at least somewhat from toxic levels fostered by Dan Snyder's practices. 

So I can sincerely wish Ron Rivera all the best for the future, and if/when the day has come when he decided to completely move on from coaching, I'm sure he have prepared well for that day, and will be able to spend quality time with his family, friends and his wife of 40 years.  (I suspect he'll also find some way to continue to give back to the community as well.)

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 3

So if one thing can be said for Ron, he came into an ownership situation that was bad on the football side, and for reasons completely out of his control, quickly became bad on the internal/legal side/HR side. I think he was able to do a pretty good job separating the football side from the dumpster fire that was raging on the ownership/administrative side.

On 1/9/2024 at 6:00 PM, Wyvern said:

In spite of how things turned out, I'd hope we could at least acknowledge the good qualities of Ron Rivera's 40 years of involvement with the NFL.  While I'm sure Ron and all Washington fans had hoped for greater success during Rivera's tenure with Washington, I think he can justifiably look back with pride on his accomplishments in the NFL and the acknowledgements he received. 

As a player, Ron won a Superbowl XX champion ring and for his off-the-field efforts, he was acknowledged with his team's Ed Block Courage Award. As a coach, he has two AP Coach of the Year awards, and while in Washington, he received the George Halas award for successfully battling cancer, while taking on very demanding roles with the Washington franchise.  It seems there are many in the NFL who will good things about his character and how he always tried to handle things with professionalism and class.  Ron is likely been viewed as a setting a good example of the few Hispanic head-coaches in the NFL, and showing that those heights can be reached.  Lastly, Rivera did help to lift up the reputation of the Washington front office at least somewhat from toxic levels fostered by Dan Snyder's practices. 

So I can sincerely wish Ron Rivera all the best for the future, and if/when the day has come when he decided to completely move on from coaching, I'm sure he have prepared well for that day, and will be able to spend quality time with his family, friends and his wife of 40 years.  (I suspect he'll also find some way to continue to give back to the community as well.)

Nicely said, @Wyvern, and I echo your sentiments.

Ron,

May you be happy

May you be healthy 

May you be at peace

:229:The Rook

• Like 1