Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Cowboys - The One Where...oh nvm.. **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

Just now, RVAskins said:

II read somewhere that Maye does a better job of reading defenses than the other top QB prospects. I don't know if it's true or not. If so, I'd pick him.

My opinion is that is very false. But you’ll have two people pop in here immediately and will say I don’t know what I’m watching so… your mileage may vary.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Didn't they say they would not fire Ron on his birthday, which is today?  So tomorrow.

When Ron leaves the stadium, josh will say "happy birthday Ron, have your phone on at midnight please."

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My guess is they have a press release REALLY late tonight or REALLY early tomorrow morning.  

It won't be right after the game.  But it's not going to linger.

I'm wondering if they announce the firing of Martin Mahew at the same time.  I don't believe they are going to fire Hurney at the same time.  I think he'll stick until the new GM is in place because they need a warm body in place to at least pick up the phone.  

That's my guess. I could be very wrong. 

I just hope we don’t do the Ron is a good guy, but we are going another way. I want it known that he ruined the team under his coach centric approach. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skintime said:

Yeah, we need another qb that the refs can't see if he gets hit in the head

Williams is master class elusive, in and out of the pocket. Him and sam are not even close to the same player. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, PerryMason said:

Penix goes hard.  Penix does well deep and Penix tends to explode as long as he rises to the occasion.

A statue of Penix will be erected in DC when he thrusts us into the promised land.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, London Kev said:

You thunk?!? Are you drink?

Reminds me of two weeks I did telemarketing in early 20s...

I was stammering...person I called was like "Are you stu...stu...stu...stuttering?  Are stu...stu...stu...stupid???"

This whole season feels like this...ugh...

Edited by Renegade7

Just now, mac8887 said:

Williams is master class elusive, in and out of the pocket. Him and sam are not even close to the same player. 

Yet he has a really high sack rate. Yup. Williams never gets sacked or holds the ball for a NCAA high 3.2 seconds.

You’re right though. 6-1 isn’t 6-1 when it’s Williams. But it matters for Howell.

And yea, your Caleb love is more annoying than anyone else’s because you’re the biggest hypocrite on the forum.

Contradicting yourself left and right.

Give the Howell hate a rest. He’s gone. Let it go. 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, cougs said:

I just hope we don’t do the Ron is a good guy, but we are going another way. I want it known that he ruined the team under his coach centric approach. 

Does it really matter?  I mean, he's going to be fired regardless, why does it matter what they say?  They should treat him with respect because you should treat everybody with respect all the time.  We've lost that as a society.  But everybody deserves to be treated appropriately, even while they are being fired.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stoshuaj said:

I certainly could be mistaken but weren’t you just taking shots about Howell’s height?

Yes but williams plays tall, keeps his head up and is one of the most elusive qbs I've ever seen in the pocket. He is amazing at feeling the pressure and maneuvering in the pocket to find throwing lanes

• Haha 4

Just now, Skintime said:

2 ACL injuries are more than enough for me. I had 1 and it's never been the same

He’s a pocket guy, he can move around fine in the pocket and has been healthy the last two seasons.

I can’t see it being him at #2 though. 

• Like 2

Just now, KDawg said:

Yet he has a really high sack rate. Yup. Williams never gets sacked or holds the ball for a NCAA high 3.2 seconds.

You’re right though. 6-1 isn’t 6-1 when it’s Williams. But it matters for Howell.

And yea, your Caleb love is more annoying than anyone else’s because you’re the biggest hypocrite on the forum.

One thing Sam and Caleb have in common: they couldn't beat good teams this year.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, caysdad1 said:

Far too much cheering for a Cowpuke TD

I totally understand that some people just want to win, they don't care about the draft, they know there will be good players available no matter where we pick and we just need to pick the right one.

Why can't you guys understand that we don't really want to see the cowboys win nor are we cheering for them, we just know that this game means nothing.

It's literally more pointless than a preseason game as it has nothing to do with evaluation and preparation for the pending season.

In 60 minutes or so this season is over and shortly thereafter we will have all new coaches and talent evaluators and a win here won't mean Jack **** for our future but a loss will so that's what we're cheering for, the future of our team not the cowboys.

It's pretty easy to separate those two emotions it just depends on where your priorities are.

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

HoWeLl StInKs, LoOk AT ThaT ThrOw!

As Howell gets absolutely crushed.

Yeah, he’s done here but relax.

Have I mentioned I need another margarita?

Move to whiskey. Everything gets clearer…

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Wasn't even talking about Howell, I was talking about caleb. You just stated you'd take caleb over the rest as well