Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The 49ers ~ The One Where One Is Golden

zCommander

Just now, clskinsfan said:

It is tough to watch Calebs total tape from his college career and not be sold. I have never seen a more accurate mid/long range passer. EVER.

He does throw an accurate ball. If he can be coached to stay in rythym with the offense more often rather than going off platform, he could be deadly.

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

It is tough to watch Calebs total tape from his college career and not be sold. I have never seen a more accurate mid/long range passer. EVER.

I’ve watched it all. Not sold. He doesn’t see the field well. He has the highest time to throw in college ball at 3.2 seconds. He’s shorter. He doesn’t seem to be all that solid from a personality standpoint based on reports. 

He’s great off platform. 

And I disagree with not having seen a more accurate mid long range passer. I actually think that’s a wild assessment.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, mac8887 said:

He does throw an accurate ball. If he can be coached to stay in rythym with the offense more often rather than going off platform, he could be deadly.

Pair him with a good offensive mind and a strong organizational culture and you could have Mahomes/Reid or Brees/Payton 2.0

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’m still not sold on the QBs in this class. 

People keep telling me I should like Williams more and I just don’t.

Combine that with USC celebrating a TD in their bowl saying, “we’re a team now!” 

I don’t know, man. Not sold. 

Stuff like this bothers me.

There will always be something to look out for concerning these prospects.

We need a QB...we gonna wait until next year to potential day the same thing then jus try to trade for Herbert instead.

For folks like me pretty adamant against getting drafting rookie QBs until now making room due to a total rebuild and how the pick is...I'm not interested in seeing someone with red flag come into our stadium a couple years later and set us in fire like Tua did.

It all comes down to development...if we can get that right nothing else matters, they could be the perfect prospect in the wrong place can be ruined, too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’ve watched it all. Not sold. He doesn’t see the field well. He has the highest time to throw in college ball at 3.2 seconds. He’s shorter. He doesn’t seem to be all that solid from a personality standpoint based on reports. 

He’s great off platform. 

And I disagree with not having seen a more accurate mid long range passer. I actually think that’s a wild assessment.

Who have you seen more accurate down the field. I would honestly like to watch that tape. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Stuff like this bothers me.

There will always be something to look out for concerning these prospects.

We need a QB...we gonna wait until next year to potential day the same thing then jus try to trade for Herbert instead.

For folks like me pretty adamant against getting drafting rookie QBs until now making room due to a total rebuild and how the pick is...I'm not interested in seeing someone with red flag come into our stadium a couple years later and set us in fire like Tua did.

It all comes down to development...if we can get that right nothing else matters, they could be the perfect prospect in the wrong place can be ruined, too.

We need a QB. I don’t like the idea of forcing it. There are prospects that can be had throughout the draft at QB that have solid upside, too. 

I agree we will probably take a QB. And it’s hard to fault us for it. But I don’t like the prospects. 

Not sure why not liking the prospects bothers you :ols:

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1