Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The 49ers ~ The One Where One Is Golden

zCommander

6 minutes ago, Rocket442Olds said:

The only FB Bienemy would want is a reincarnation of Larry Centers, a pass catcher 😄

id not hate it. It’s pretty much what Juszczyk is. 

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I am hoping our 2024 offensive scheme includes the usage of the FB/TE/Hback combo type player...and of course us finding the right player to fill the role and become the QB's top friend

Sorry guys, I guess my British sarcasm got lost in translation. We've got Alex Armah, who's listed as a RB but is basically a FB, but we very rarely use him.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Who have you seen more accurate down the field. I would honestly like to watch that tape. 

Peyton Manning.

Trevor Lawrence

Andrew Luck. 

I can name QBs for a while.

If you asked who have I seen in college who is better off platform I’d have basically no one to give you.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Despite what I've posted, it's so so hard for me not to pull for a win when I see these guys playing a top team so competitively ...

You won’t remember this game in 2 weeks.  But draft position?  That’s forever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, London Kev said:

Sorry guys, I guess my British sarcasm got lost in translation. We've got Alex Armah, who's listed as a RB but is basically a FB, but we very rarely use him.

I think that's because he isn't really good. We need talent at that position so we can emphasis it...At least that's me hoping for that and all the options a player like that can add

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Peyton Manning.

Trevor Lawrence

Andrew Luck. 

I can make QBs for a while.

If you asked who have I seen in college who is better off platform I’d have basically no one to give you.

The only concern I have with Caleb at all is size. It isnt ideal. But prototypical size hasnt been as big of an issue with this new NFL. Ironically Russell Wilson broke that mold. And the league hasnt really looked back. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

The only concern I have with Caleb at all is size. It isnt ideal. But prototypical size hasnt been as big of an issue with this new NFL. Ironically Russell Wilson broke that mold. And the league hasnt really looked back. 

I dont mind his size or anything about him physically. But hes a diva. We cant take him unless our new organizational structure is extremely strong. 

If the Pats keep Bellicheck hell thrive in New England. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

When I first watched Murray he was like a prime russ but even much more potent running...too bad his maturity and work ethic wasn't on the same level...(my take)

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Peyton Manning.

Trevor Lawrence

Andrew Luck. 

Those guys never amounted to anything though. 

Just now, kingdaddy said:

We win today and we need to run it back with this coaching staff and entire roster. How could we fire a staff that beat the Ravens and Niners in the same calendar year?????

I recognized the sarcasm and am proud of myself!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We need a QB. I don’t like the idea of forcing it. There are prospects that can be had throughout the draft at QB that have solid upside, too. 

I agree we will probably take a QB. And it’s hard to fault us for it. But I don’t like the prospects. 

Not sure why not liking the prospects bothers you :ols:

Because I heard this same thing that talked us out of taking Herbert or Tua...I dont see us outsmart ourselves again.

If there isn't a prospect with a top 5 pick in this draft, trade it for Herbert or trade down to trade up next year, imo.

Caleb is short compared to the prototype. One thing I've noticed about him is, he is very shifty and elusive in the pocket, which allows him to step up and find throwing lanes,

most shorter qbs bail from a muddy pocket around the outside of the tackles to extend plays.

While he does do that and is exceptional at it, I've never seen a short qb as willing to step up in the pocket as him.

• Like 1

Man Isaiah Likely has become a weapon for Baltimore. 

I'd be fine, season story wise, if balt got the Lombardi and Lamar got MVP if he finishes out appropriately 

Otherwise I like the scenario of Miami or sf winning it all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I dont mind his size or anything about him physically. But hes a diva. We cant take him unless our new organizational structure is extremely strong. 

If the Pats keep Bellicheck hell thrive in New England. 

You think? Only one young QB, that I can think of, has thrived under BB....most of them turn out to be journeymen or worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

You think? Only one young QB, that I can think of, has thrived under BB....most of them turn out to be journeymen or worse.

Its part of the reason I have been pushing for Lincoln Riley to get an interview. He managed Caleb fine. And even if the new GM doesnt hire him he will get valuable insight into the player. I think Riley is an offensive genious. His system is a beautiful thing to watch.