Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The 49ers ~ The One Where One Is Golden

zCommander

Just now, TrustTheProcessHTTR said:

Howell playing well towards the end gives new FO options. Can trade down and take a qb in the 2nd or trade him outright for a mid round pick. Nothing bad could come of it. Either way they will bring in competition at QB most likely whether 1st or 2nd round 

Winning can come from it. And that’s bad. 

But if he does it while we lose? That’s awesome.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I hope not. 

I’m okay with him saving himself. I like the guy a lot and think he’s a good QB…

But if we pick top 3 and don’t go QB we can trade back… Which is really good for the future.

I still want to see Sam with a rebuilt OL. If he fails, you have the OL in place for the next swing at QB.

• Like 2

Just now, clskinsfan said:

@Skintime I have no idea why you downvote anyone who has a realistic take on what Sam Howell is. He is not a superstar QB and never will be. When you are picking top 5 and you have to chance to take one you do it. I would be disgusted if we dont. 

He is better than you realize. It would be far better with that pick if we use it for the TEAM, not just another QB who will not be what we want him to be. This team has too many holes to go QB again, we've done that the past 20 years

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HOF28 said:

We’re going to win.  Gross.  This team can’t do anything right

My guy, you can root for the team to lose for draft position and still hope they make it fun to watch. I'd much rather prefer seeing them barely lose these last two than get obliterated and make me really not look forward to next season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Skintime said:

He is better than you realize. It would be far better with that pick if we use it for the TEAM, not just another QB who will not be what we want him to be. This team has too many holes to go QB again, we've done that the past 20 years

I’m still not sold on the QBs in this class. 

People keep telling me I should like Williams more and I just don’t.

Combine that with USC celebrating a TD in their bowl saying, “we’re a team now!” 

I don’t know, man. Not sold. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

1 minute ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

My guy, you can root for the team to lose for draft position and still hope they make it fun to watch. I'd much rather prefer seeing them barely lose these last two than get obliterated and make me really not look forward to next season. 

My thoughts exactly.  Make it fun to watch, but get the L.

• Like 1

Just now, Skintime said:

Sam has made some nice plays today, but he also has made jump throws to nobody and hit a dB in the chest for a sure fire pick 6 if not for the drop.

It is nice seeing some of the flashes he showed earlier in the season, it shows promise

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Winning can come from it. And that’s bad. 

But if he does it while we lose? That’s awesome.

Never thought after all these bad seasons i'd eventually get into the don't watch, want to lose group but this season I'm there and goes to show you the power of "yet" when you're sure about what you will or won't do....

Y. ou're E. ligible T. oo 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Combine that with USC celebrating a TD in their bowl saying, “we’re a team now!” 

Not I. Williams is overrated and a diva. Maye is just Sam, but taller. After that, it'd be better to trade down to go LT with more pics

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

It is tough to watch Calebs total tape from his college career and not be sold. I have never seen a more accurate mid/long range passer. EVER.

• Like 1