Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Global Conflict Escalations

Bang

On 1/12/2024 at 8:20 AM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Some ****es be crazy like that 🤷‍♀️

Some of these leftists are so used to calling US the baddie they can't make sense of us bombing another baddie because they, um, did something bad.

And I'm not buying Iran wants any smoke, there's a reason they fund all these little groups to fight and take bullets for them.

Houthi rebels strike a US-owned ship off the coast of Yemen in the Gulf of Aden, raising tensions

Houthi rebels fired a missile, striking a U.S.-owned ship Monday just off the coast of Yemen in the Gulf of Aden, less than a day after they launched an anti-ship cruise missile toward an American destroyer in the Red Sea.

The attack on the Gibraltar Eagle, later claimed by the Houthis, further escalates tensions gripping the Red Sea after American-led strikes on the rebels. The Houthis’ attacks have roiled global shipping, amid Israel’s war with Hamas in the Gaza Strip, targeting a crucial corridor linking Asian and Mideast energy and cargo shipments to the Suez Canal onward to Europe.

The United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations, which oversees Mideast waters, said Monday’s attack happened some 110 miles (177 kilometers) miles southeast of Aden. It said the ship’s captain reported that the “port side of vessel hit from above by a missile.”

Private security firms Ambrey and Dryad Global told The Associated Press that the vessel was the Eagle Gibraltar, a Marshall Islands-flagged bulk carrier. The U.S. military’s Central Command later acknowledged the strike.

“The ship has reported no injuries or significant damage and is continuing its journey,” Central Command said.

Click on the link for the full article

This is interesting given the disparity in population and the fact that Pakistan is a nuclear power.

AP: Iran attacks alleged militant bases in Pakistan; Islamabad says ‘unprovoked strikes’ kill 2 children.

Islamabad (AP) — Iran launched attacks Tuesday in Pakistan targeting what it described as bases for the militant group Jaish al-Adl, potentially further raising tensions in a Middle East already roiled by Israel’s war on Hamas in the Gaza Strip. Pakistan said the strikes killed two children and wounded three others in an assault it described as an “unprovoked violation” of its airspace.

Confusion followed the announcement from Iran as state media reports on it soon disappeared. However, the attack inside of nuclear-armed Pakistan by Iran threatens the relations between the two countries, which long have eyed each other with suspicion while maintaining diplomatic relations. 

The attack also follows Iranian strikes on Iraq and Syria less than a day earlier, as Tehran lashes out following a dual suicide bombing this month claimed by the Sunni militant group Islamic State that killed over 90 people.

Iran’s state-run IRNA news agency and state television had said that missiles and drones were used in the strikes in Pakistan. Press TV, the English-language arm of Iranian state television, attributed the attack to Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard. 

Jaish al-Adl, or the “Army of Justice,” is a Sunni militant group founded in 2012 which largely operates across the border in Pakistan. The militants have claimed bombings and kidnapped Iranian border police in the past.

Iran has fought in border areas against the militants, but a missile-and-drone attack on Pakistan is unprecedented for Iran. Iranian reports described the strikes as happening in the mountains of Pakistan’s Balochistan province. 

Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry issued a strongly worded rebuke of the strikes.

Edited by MrSilverMaC
Formatting

I'm sure everyone is aware we have two missing SEALS during the boarding of the boat carrying Iranian missile components. 
So, this I am having a hard time wrapping my head around. Not like a conspiracy theory or anything paranoid, just genuine wondering. It seems weird to me that two SEALS are missing this long. 
One fell in during the boarding, and another jumped in to rescue, as is protocol. Neither have been seen since.
SEALS are trained for long periods in the water, it's a warm sea, although they did say it was rough water. No dye packs, no flashers.. it just strikes me weird as to what could have happened to them? I'm sure it's possible they could have drowned, maybe weighed down with equipment? But both of them.. that makes it weird to me. 

Yesterday we struck them again, 4 anti-ship ballistic missiles taken out on the ground.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/us-targets-houthi-anti-ship-missiles-new-strike-yemen-officials-2024-01-16/

~Bang

On 12/31/2023 at 11:01 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Important to not lose perspective.

i keep seeing this image and story... but if you google her name ALL you get are twitter/instagram/facebook posts about it.   it is hard to believe an atrocity like this wouldn't be covered by some reliable news source?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bang said:

I'm sure everyone is aware we have two missing SEALS during the boarding of the boat carrying Iranian missile components. 
So, this I am having a hard time wrapping my head around. Not like a conspiracy theory or anything paranoid, just genuine wondering. It seems weird to me that two SEALS are missing this long. 
One fell in during the boarding, and another jumped in to rescue, as is protocol. Neither have been seen since.
SEALS are trained for long periods in the water, it's a warm sea, although they did say it was rough water. No dye packs, no flashers.. it just strikes me weird as to what could have happened to them? I'm sure it's possible they could have drowned, maybe weighed down with equipment? But both of them.. that makes it weird to me. 

Yesterday we struck them again, 4 anti-ship ballistic missiles taken out on the ground.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/us-targets-houthi-anti-ship-missiles-new-strike-yemen-officials-2024-01-16/

~Bang

Sharks off the coast of Somalia are so thick, you can walk on them. I'm not surprised. Around Africa, you are the dye pack.

Add: I'm honestly surprised no on is asking how often things like this happen that don't make the news because no one died. It happens more then you think. 

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reuters: Pakistan launches strikes inside Iran against militant targets

Pakistan conducted strikes inside Iran on Thursday, targeting separatist militants, the Pakistani foreign ministry said, two days after Tehran said it attacked Israel-linked militant bases inside Pakistani territory.

Iranian media said several missiles hit a village in the Sistan-Baluchistan province that borders Pakistan, killing three women and four children, all non-Iranians.

"A number of terrorists were killed during the intelligence-based operation," the Pakistani ministry said in a statement, describing it as a "series of highly coordinated and specifically targeted precision military strikes against terrorist hideouts".

It added, "Pakistan fully respects the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

….

more at link

15 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

i keep seeing this image and story... but if you google her name ALL you get are twitter/instagram/facebook posts about it.   it is hard to believe an atrocity like this wouldn't be covered by some reliable news source?

I said the same thing earlier this thread....Visegrad is a peddler of misinformation from Poland with far right leanings.

@mcsluggo

Not sure if true or not, but I take these posts like pure propaganda posted to justify or dehumanize what Israel does to Hamas.  It doesn't make her death right or justify October 7. 

I feel like we are at the point where we are already numb to Israel-Hamas.  It does seem like the country is rallying around the hostages.  But fighting continues. Bombs have slowed down --- at the early pace I thought it would be 30,000 dead at this point. 

United States struck the Houthis again.  Looks like we took out their launchers with missiles on them.  I think our "intelligence" over there is getting better.  Much, much better than leaving our Navy out as targets.  They still launched drones at container ships.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Much, much better than leaving our Navy out as targets. 

Those Sailors out there are living a dream most of us never get to experience. I bet they're all jacked to be out there and pissed when the missles stop.  :beavisnbutthead:

Edited by TheGreatBuzz

59 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Those Sailors out there are living a dream most of us never get to experience. I bet they're all jacked to be out there and pissed when the missles stop.  :beavisnbutthead:

Well, I would assume (from my safe position of ignorance) that they get a really great feeling, when all those expensive gizmos that they've spent years slaving over, virtually worshiping, turn out to work

• Thumb up 1

Two Americans dead.  Only a matter of time with the wargames patty cake the Iranians have been playing.  Condolences to them and their families. 

If we trade back and conduct strikes that kill 20 or 30 Iranian military, would that help?  

Is it really cynical of me to think this is Russia-Iran-China working to turn the electorate against Biden?

US is now directly engaging with one of Iran's proxy militias while Israel is kicking the teeth in of the other one.

I'm not convinced Iran is really bout that life to go full scale-war to defend them because at this point they don't have any friends in the area expect maybe Syria and Iraq (the latter is half and half absolutely doesn't want to be).

Iran absolutely could jus Saber rattle and let both those groups get annihilated, which would ruin their credibility with Hezbollah and make it impossible to keep them at bay if they choose to jump in to defend them appropriately since Iran won't.

This would be an all-out regional war with Iran surrounded...it's more likely their proxy groups are totally decimated instead.  Again, no one wants all-out regional war except hardliners talkin trash from safe locations.  Even Taliban is telling folks to chill.

On good note, Sweden looks on its way into NATO, remember that being a topic here not too long ago (some good news).  I'm not really getting what Hungary's deal is, but Turkey is finally on board.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 2:47 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So our troops are just meat bag targets to Kirby?

Woops.

51 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

US is now directly engaging with one of Iran's proxy militias while Israel is kicking the teeth in of the other one.

I'm not convinced Iran is really bout that life to go full scale-war to defend them because at this point they don't have any friends in the area expect maybe Syria and Iraq (the latter is half and half absolutely doesn't want to be).

Iran absolutely could jus Saber rattle and let both those groups get annihilated, which would ruin their credibility with Hezbollah and make it impossible to keep them at bay if they choose to jump in to defend them appropriately since Iran won't.

This would be an all-out regional war with Iran surrounded...it's more likely their proxy groups are totally decimated instead.  Again, no one wants all-out regional war except hardliners talkin trash from safe locations.  Even Taliban is telling folks to chill.

On good note, Sweden looks on its way into NATO, remember that being a topic here not too long ago (some good news).  I'm not really getting what Hungary's deal is, but Turkey is finally on board.

We should bring the war to Iran. They are the sole source of funding and weaponry. They are directing these terrorists. They are calling the shots.