Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Global Conflict Escalations

Bang

25 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

At least we had the decency to give them a weeks notice of our plans so they could evacuate all their important personel as well as some of their more valuable weaponry.

Well God damn!!! We need to get some stars on your collar asap!

No way there is anyone in the Pentagon smart enough to think of this scenario. And I'm sure we don't have the capability to have watched these targets for the last five days to see IF they move things, we could see where they went and strike them too.

What's your number? I'll call SecDef and let him know to run things by you to get some of this valuable guidance. Anything else you can help with? Should we convene the whole cabinet?

I don't know how we've survived so long without you.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 2

47 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What's your number? I'll call SecDef and let him know to run things by you to get some of this valuable guidance.

Thanks Steve, I knew I could trust you.

Anything else you can help with? Should we convene the whole cabinet?

If they have any questions about biscuits I can also help with that!

I don't know how we've survived so long without you.

me either.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

They only get military equipment if we allow it?  Kill Americans with it?  Lose your toys. 

I am fine with this approach over a blood thirsty "let's trade 50 of your guys for each of ours."   I know some might say, "why not both?".  Because we have evolved and it does seem like Iranian proxies (but not Houthis for now) may not enjoy "find out" phase so much.

U.S. and U.K. Launch Heavy Strikes on Houthi Sites in Yemen

The United States and Britain carried out large-scale military strikes on Saturday against multiple sites in Yemen controlled by Houthi militants, according to a statement from the two countries and six allies, as the Biden administration continued its reprisal campaign in the Middle East targeting Iran-backed militias.

The attacks against 36 Houthi targets at 13 sites in northern Yemen came barely 24 hours after the United States carried out a series of military strikes against Iranian forces and the militias they support at seven sites in Syria and Iraq.

Click on the link for more

• Like 1

I have a lot of respect for UK...

Especially lately it jus seems like when US wants to do something, really good or really bad, whole world could be on the fence and them Brits jus sippin tea like "When and Where?"

That's a true friend, for better or for worse. And we gonna need those wherever TF this going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@CousinsCowgirl84

I will doom scroll accounts like these for 10 to 15 min to understand what the mentality is. This guy has tweeted and retweeted so much I only got about through 4 days.

Yes, there is a human tragedy going on in Gaza.  And yes - USA is supporting Israel, our ally.    I understand the feeling like the UN is failing at its charter -- but lobbing missiles at ships in the Red Sea, even if you think they are supplying Israel is just not gonna turn out well.  

Actually thinking that the Houthis are going to take down America or perhaps Biden (no idea what they think Trump would do?) Is a little bit, very very very ambitious. 

So who do we have in the region that is American ally?  Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates – the Republic of Egypt, the Republic of Iraq, and the Kingdom of Jordan. "Gulf Cooperation council"

U.S. Strike in Baghdad Kills Iranian-Backed Militia Commander

A U.S. retaliatory strike in the Iraqi capital on Wednesday killed a senior leader of a militia that U.S. officials blame for recent attacks on American personnel, the Pentagon said, following up on President Biden’s promise that the response to a slew of attacks by Shiite militias would continue.

The Pentagon said the man was a leader of Kata’ib Hezbollah, the militia that officials have said was responsible for the drone attack in Jordan last month that killed three American service members and injured more than 40 more.

A U.S. official said that the strike was a “dynamic” hit on the militia commander, whom American intelligence officials had been tracking for some time. A second official said the United States reserved the right to strike other Shiite militia leaders and commanders.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Hopefully he does this one better than Afghanistan. 

I'd ideally support getting out people that have been helping us.  But as long as we get our people out safely that has to be our priority.  Long term, having a small out posts in these places we aren't doing much good and might be making things worse in terms of creating a stable environment.  Some times things have to get worse before they get better.  

As I've said before, we need to consider the cost benefit of having people in these places.  Having people that I suspect aren't really doing much good places where we can't protect them isn't worth the risk.

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Once our addiction to oil ends and we stop pretending Israel is "a democracy"

...It will be interesting how many bases or military agreements we choose to keep in the Middle East.

We are already finished with middle eastern oil for the most part. I don’t think our relationship with Israel is ending anytime soon though. 

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We are already finished with middle eastern oil for the most part. I don’t think our relationship with Israel is ending anytime soon though. 

We are the largest oil producing country in the world and our biggest importer of oil is Canada...our addiction to oil not only continues that because causes us to need to get involved with keeping the global supply and prices stable.

Relationships change even when they don't outright end...Israel turning into the monster they claimed they trying to prevent is adding up...being more aligned with rest of the world on Israel and their actions instead of being their veto vote for them feels inevitable at this point, not if but when.

Edited by Renegade7

18 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

lol, revisionist history comes quick, doesn’t it.

Being accused of genocide in international court in their attempts to *checks notes* prevent another genocide against them after a pretty serious one lead to Israel getting a country in the first place isn't revistionist, it's ironic.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Being accused of genocide in international court in their attempts to *checks notes* prevent another genocide against them after a pretty serious one lead to Israel getting a country in the first place isn't revistionist, it's ironic.

The international court is not impartial. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. It doesn’t provide any sort of legitimacy.

like the UN saying there was a humanitarian crisis caused by Israel… turns out Hamas was operating a data center right under there noses but they knew nothing about it. I guess when you don’t wanna know you won’t know. 🤡

On 2/3/2024 at 11:35 PM, Renegade7 said:

I have a lot of respect for UK...

Especially lately it jus seems like when US wants to do something, really good or really bad, whole world could be on the fence and them Brits jus sippin tea like "When and Where?"

That's a true friend, for better or for worse. And we gonna need those wherever TF this going.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The international court is not impartial. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. It doesn’t provide any sort of legitimacy.

like the UN saying there was a humanitarian crisis caused by Israel… turns out Hamas was operating a data center right under there noses but they knew nothing about it. I guess when you don’t wanna know you won’t know. 🤡

I don't see the convictions as enforcable by themselves, but I'm waiting to hear the evidence presented and the ruling.

If it could be tied to an individual country and enforced by the other countries, that would be more interesting to me, I'll agree that much with you on that.

Germany and South Africa saying they know genocide when they see it, I say let them make their case.  Germany coming to Israel's defense in that context deserves to be heard out.

There's a map from an article in the WaPo that shows Israel destroyed more buildings in Northern Gaza then Assad did Allepo during Syrian Civil War

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/interactive/2023/israel-war-destruction-gaza-record-pace/

Where else besides International Court should the case be made on whether or not this is what many folks believe it is? Twitter?