Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Jets ~ The One Where One Gets Grounded

zCommander

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Doesn’t matter who the QB is if we don’t fix the line. That line is code red. 

FA is slim pickins.

The line has held up for the most part today. He's darted away from some clean pockets. I think he's seeing ghosts. A lot of that stems from the hits he took earlier this year, but I still believe his height has a lot to do with him leaving clean pockets. He can't see over the line.

Just now, mac8887 said:

The line has held up for the most part today. He's darted away from some clean pockets. I think he's seeing ghosts. A lot of that stems from the hits he took earlier this year, but I still believe his height has a lot to do with him leaving clean pockets. He can't see over the line.

You’re out of your mind :ols:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, zCommander said:

I do feel bad for Howell and even said so before the season started that this year will either be a curse or a blessing depending on how the OL plays. We now know how that is going. 

We all knew before the season that this was basically the starting O-Line from Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle High School, but hoped they'd come together somehow.

They never did. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, GoDeep81 said:

The real bummer is this isn't a 2 year type turnaround looking team. This feels like 3-4 minimum. It's all bad, everything. 

I think we looked the same way in Gruden's last year where Callahan replaced him and the next year we were right back where we started

• Like 1

Just now, mac8887 said:

No way, many on here have noticed it today.

They’ve had some decent moments. 

But Wylie is a turnstile, Gates has whiffed more than once, they are in complete back pedals asap and they still struggle with stunts. 

I get it. You don’t like Howell. And yes, his happy feet have contributed to the issues today. There is no doubt about it.

But the line has been awful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

We all knew before the season that this was basically the starting O-Line from Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle High School, but hoped they'd come together somehow.

They never did. 

I thought EB would be good for Howell after the wonders he did with Mahomes (apparently). Keeping Turner would have been hell of a lot better!

• Thumb up 1

Just now, No Nonsense said:

You don't see Howell spinning into pressure. That one play when it was 3rd and 7 and he didn't see a wide open Logan Thomas. Instead he panicked and spun right into the pass rush. I saw the same thing last week in LA. 

I agree

Traveling for Christmas this year has thrown me off and I somehow forgot football was on today. Reading the first 10 pages of this thread was hilarious and I'm glad I missed it all and didn't end up wasting my time 😂

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1