Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Rams - The One Where One Gets Rammed

zCommander

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Do you want the new regime to have 5 years (potentially) to develop a QB or 2 (realistically it’s 1) ? 

The better question is: Do we want the clock to start now or in ‘25 when the roster is shored up and the OL is settled…

I think we’re going to go QB at some point unless someone next year plays well enough.

• Like 1

Just now, dunfer said:

Like rookie qbs do.

do you invest in another one or let this one learn

The problem is Sam is not a rookie, its the end of his second year and because of that he is only cheap for 2 years if he is good. By the time he is proficient in a new offense we will have to pay up and won't have the cap space to add enough elite players around him to compete with the best in the league unless we nail the next 2 drafts on at least half the picks, and when I say nail the picks I mean they will need to perform great, not just average to good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Ron should’ve traded Brisset to Cleveland (or Jets or Minny etc) before the deadline.  Jacoby could’ve helped a contending team. 

I still remember Matt Flynn and Sam Bradford getting traded for huge picks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

The better question is: Do we want the clock to start now or in ‘25 when the roster is shored up and the OL is settled…

I think we’re going to go QB at some point unless someone next year plays well enough.

Who's to say we have a shot at a qb of the caliber as the top 3 coming out this year anytime soon.

Just now, mac8887 said:

The problem is Sam is not a rookie, its the end of his second year and because of that he is only cheap for 2 years if he is good. By the time he is proficient in a new offense we will have to pay up and won't have the cap space to add enough elite players around him to compete with the best in the league unless we nail the next 2 drafts on at least half the picks, and when I say nail the picks I mean they will need to perform great, not just average to good.

He started one rando game at the end of last season. This is his first year actually playing. So he's not technically a rookie but this is definitely his first year as a starting QB. And young QB have a lot of those sorts of issues. That will include a new QB if we draft him in this upcoming draft. Especially if our OL is still god awful.

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not talking about you.  I’m taking about the folks acting like that little spurt of play by Brissett is indicative of anything. 

I had Sam being doneski a month ago, but at the same time it’s not like I’ve been seeing him leaving a bunch on the field.

Remember last year when Wentz came in against the Niners and went 12/16 with 1 TD and a 71 QBR, we started him the next week against the Browns and he was awful.

So I agree.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

1) why would the roster be shored up in one year? 

2) if it is shored up by then, why would we be in similar/better position to take the Qb then instead of ‘24? 

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You sound like a guy who just regurgitated what he heard on Madden.  You want the QB to “create the pocket” 🤣.

As I’ve said on numerous occasions, if he was as bad as you say he is - there would be an abundance of tape all over the internet showing all the plays he’s missing every week.  He’s definitely regressed over the last month, but it’s not because he’s ‘not creating the pocket’ or failing to checkdown.  He’s seeing ghosts and out of sync.

The term “Creating the pocket” is funnier to you then “seeing ghosts”? 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That’s the thing though, if you look at some of these dudes posting history, you’ll see that’s all they do.  There’s never any substance.

Right. It’s easy and it’s everywhere. I wouldn’t let it bother you but I get why it does. 

Take solace in the fact that we all see them for what they are. I’m always wrong. Always lol. But atleast I contribute more than trolling….sometimes. 

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don’t know if they ruined him but he certainly looks beaten down hopefully he bounces back.

As much as I stressed I am open to consider a rookie QB, I also like Howell. I’ve had Howell’s back all season. I simply don’t think it’s cut and dry to blow off QB in this draft like some do 

At this point I believe Harris let this fire burn waaay too long, now we talkin about getting rid of folks that we shouldn't be, regardless of our opinion on Howell but he's included in this.

It's like the plan was not to save anything, like everything is going to go, and could be something similar to the process.

I don't belive that was necessary because of the way the coaches were using certain players and everything starting to look worse then it probably is.   Now it's as bad as it could be.

Cardinal sin of developing any QB is benching them late in a lost season, he could be broken and confidence shattered, and with potentially be true ownership always wanted to jus ship everyone out it's beyond frautrating I as a fan made any level of investment in the future of any of these players or this team.

We did everything possible to develop Howell the wrong way after finally finding someone worth developing.  Now we have to hope whoevers next doesn't get ruin, too, rinse a repeat, no value in anything we get right...jus treat it like **** or look forward to getting something better.

I'm unimpressed, I'm back to having no idea what Harris is doing and I have to watch these last couple lost cause games now that actions of commitment to Howell no longer match the words there's nothing good to come from this season. 

Everything is destroyed now, congratulations to everyone hoping for so to increase our draft order...your wish has been granted.

*monkey paw closes

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

1) why would the roster be shored up in one year? 

2) if it is shored up by then, why would we be in similar/better position to take the Qb then instead of ‘24? 

More options available. Trades, etc.

And we’d be in an equal position because we wouldn’t have a QB. 

We have a ton of cap money and a lot of picks. A year of experience for a group of rookies and system install would do wonders for the ‘25 QB.

Well I have come to the conclusion that the season is over and I can end my self ban. It was hard but I endured. Ron helped me not care and it worked,

Thank you ex-coach for all that you’ve done the past few weeks, I’ve never seen anyone go out in an ember smoldering smoke.

I’ll always remember your smile hiding behind that steel stare and foggy glasses.

Don’t worry about us, we will be ok. We’ve done this before.

Edited by ClaytoAli

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

How do you feel about drafting a QB high and sitting them? I know it’s not popular that’s why I’m asking your opinion on it.