Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Rams - The One Where One Gets Rammed

zCommander

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’m not sure where people are getting the idea that I think Brissett is much better. I don’t. It’s just that Howell LOOKS cooked. Has zero to do with Brissett. 

He’s rushing, mechanics and footwork are out of synch. He just doesn’t trust the protection (and hard to blame him). No timing or rhythm.

He can come back from this next season with good coaching and a better O’line. But I don’t think I he’s going to get the chance - a new GM and HC almost have to go get a QB now and have Sam penciled in as the backup.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’m not sure where people are getting the idea that I think Brissett is much better. I don’t. It’s just that Howell LOOKS cooked. Has zero to do with Brissett. 

I’m not talking about you.  I’m taking about the folks acting like that little spurt of play by Brissett is indicative of anything. 

I had Sam being doneski a month ago, but at the same time it’s not like I’ve been seeing him leaving a bunch on the field.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We’re going to beat the Jets and the Cowboys are going to have nothing to play for and Ron likes moral victories.  We’re winning that one.  

We’re going to blow our best chance to get top tier talent because Ron’s a dumbass.

Dumbass yes.  But he’s a worse coach.  We won’t win another game under him. 

Just now, KDawg said:

See, he’s the one I don’t want. 

I want him but he is the last out of the 3. He is short just like Sam and will have trouble escaping by stepping up in the pocket, though he seems to be pretty good at it at the college level. The big difference here is I believe caleb has much longer arms and that could help him in getting the ball out with the pocket crashing on him

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Gotta love the trolls taking a victory lap yet they’ve never once provided valuable insight or evidence to support their generic takes on QB ever.

Why does evidence need to be provided for you. Just look at the game and you should be able to see the product on the field same as the “trolls” see it.

Sam while talented was clearly “part” of the problem. He struggles to check down, does not create the pocket, he does not see the hot read and has some very questionable INTs and sacks that fall fully on him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

Why does evidence need to be provided for you. Just look at the game and you should be able to see the product on the field same as the “trolls” see it.

Sam while talented was clearly “part” of the problem. He struggles to check down, does not create the pocket, he does not see the hot read and has some very questionable INTs and sacks that fall fully on him.

Like rookie qbs do.

do you invest in another one or let this one learn?

Edited by dunfer

1 minute ago, dyst said:

A lot of those are things that pretty much every young QB goes through and has to improve on. Add in the horrid OL and questionable play calling and it's not surprising that he seems shell shocked now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dyst said:

You sound like a guy who just regurgitated what he heard on Madden.  You want the QB to “create the pocket” 🤣.

As I’ve said on numerous occasions, if he was as bad as you say he is - there would be an abundance of tape all over the internet showing all the plays he’s missing every week.  He’s definitely regressed over the last month, but it’s not because he’s ‘not creating the pocket’ or failing to checkdown.  He’s seeing ghosts and out of sync.